Sponsored

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Last time I checked 33 wasn't 40. I thought they said it was going to be average MPG 40?

No?
I thought they were advertising 40 in the city......
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe the window sticker is real. However, I also believe some intern just made one hell of a mistake.
By now we all know the numbers are real. But, there is still no OKTB.

Sponsored

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fake - you can't get higher MPG in the City than you get on the Highway. I bet it should be 33 City, 42 Highway and 37 Combined.
kidding right?

it’s not uncommon for a hybrid to get higher mpg in town than on the highway… regenerative braking, etc.

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Appreciate the response. There have been maybe 10 folks that have responded with the same response that you have.

Not a jack rabbit starter at red lights or stop signs. Totally understand the aerodynamic difference between truck and sedan. I just know what I see while driving the car and watching the animation on the screen with the engine feeding the wheels, the battery feeding the wheels or both. I can see my MPG per tank and I track my MPG's in Fuelly which is posted win my signature block below.

My window sticker (posted 3-4 times in this thread ) reflects 43 City 44 Highway. My current average is 44.6 with roughly 6,200 miles. That's all I know. But thanks for responding and providing the argument and information as to why I should get better MPG in the city.
No problem, I'm also more than happy to point out the anecdotal nature of your evidence. I also hand calculated mpg with my niro and watched the screen, and saw great mpg city and comparably terrible mpg on the highway. It's an explanation for WHY the hybrid would be that much lower on the highway, if you can't accept that and you continue to harp on it, that's not my problem. Sounds like a good Lexus hybrid, most are.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this for real??? If so it would be a pretty big deal for hybrids.
Prius gets 58-60 mpg…..my Kia Niro averages 52 mpg’s consistently. I will be taking a hit in MPG’s with Maverick bit it’s worth it.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
m
kidding right?

it’s not uncommon for a hybrid to get higher mpg in town than on the highway… regenerative braking, etc.
My Niro window sticker showed average of 50 hwy/49 city & 49 combined.

Sponsored

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would bet that as opposed to many hybrids*, the Maverick’s rather slab-like front causes the highway mpg to be much lower than some hybrids designed for super high efficiency. The city mpg would be less effected by aerodynamics.

*Aero has a big influence on designs like the Prius. Even Camry, Corolla etc have a slippery cross section compared to the Mav.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered in August. Originally scheduled for Sep. 20 (this was after an XLT order never got scheduled; still waiting on that). Window sticker with MPG posted today...

That's great news! How long was it between when you got scheduled 'til you could see your sticker?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fake - you can't get higher MPG in the City than you get on the Highway. I bet it should be 33 City, 42 Highway and 37 Combined.
Dude, you can’t really be that ignorant about hybrids 🤪
Hybrids always get more in city due to battery storage and regenerative braking.

Last edited:

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I linked the FORD site with the OP's VIN to show the actual window sticker that is generated by Ford. I did this in several replies actually.
Thanks for the update. Exciting news to have it go above and beyond the initial numbers we all have been working with. 🇺🇸✔

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs