brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When we both have our hybrids, let's meet in Wisconsin (Illinois here) and have a beer and do some fishing!

I'd still argue that if they knew that had to cap builds based on what they have/can get, there's no reason they shouldn't start filling our June/July orders as a priority versus this scatterbrained method of some unicorn lottery system where small town dealers don't get any allocations and Chapman/Long MacArthur/Granger seem to have plenty of allocations. Face it, we aren't getting our hybrids till next summer/fall at this point.
🎣🍻
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well they accepted my order(11/27) on 11/29 which includes spray in liner and I got a build date, yesterday, of 1/31/22
Wow that is crazy. Order on 11/27 and get a scheduled email on the 12/2. I order on July 21st and still in order processing. I have contacted Ford and my dealer. Both say they see no hold ups on my order and I just have to wait....

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd say closing the Hybrid order taking for MY22 means it's more likely that Ford will not be running long past summer on MY22 Hybrid production. They want to get MY22 done quickly and over so they can get onto MY23 Hybrid production, raise the price and actually make some money.

Since Hybrid demand is so high, they will need/want to capture some financial upside. Also increased production costs/material inflation and the need to change many sources to eliminate some constraints that are occurring are all going to lead to price increases. Ford is going to want to transition to that as quickly as possible.

Ford has no incentive to push out this MY production. They're going to move into MY23 as quickly as possible for the MAV and possibly all product lines.

EDIT: it's the reason why I bought now. I was going to wait until MY23 to buy. Let the first year quality issues work out. But interest rates are likely to go up to help curb inflation (the Fed is threatening it) and I felt the Mav's introductory price was low and would not be sustained (because of popularity, scarcity, material shortages, labor shortages and inflation). I believed it was the best time to buy for the next 3-5 years. So I held my nose and gave it a go, earlier than planned.

Last edited:

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm too lazy to look at statistics (if they're even out there somewhere), but I would bet that 70-80% of the total Maverick orders came from June/July/first few weeks of August following the initial launch. From there, they probably only a few hundred each month or thousand more over September/October/November. So optimistically the fact that they're still trying to catch up to June/July orders could mean 70-80% of all Maverick orders are fulfilled once June/July is done.
Well we jut ordered this week, at small dealership and I got email it build date of 1/31, so I think it may be also depend on allocations for the dealer and how many that dealer has ahead of you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Wow that is crazy. Order on 11/27 and get a scheduled email on the 12/2. I order on July 21st and still in order processing. I have contacted Ford and my dealer. Both say they see no hold ups on my order and I just have to wait....
Maybe the small dealership I ordered from had no other orders before me but had allocations?

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After checking my email yesterday:
Ford Maverick 📣 12/2 Scheduling Email Received Group [Emails Arriving!!] caddyshack

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd say closing the Hybrid order taking for MY22 means it's more likely that Ford will not be running long past summer on MY22 Hybrid production. They want to get MY22 done quickly and over so they can get onto MY23 Hybrid production, raise the price and actually make some money.

Since Hybrid demand is so high, they will need/want to capture some financial upside. Also increased production costs/material inflation and the need to change many sources to eliminate some constraints that are occurring are all going to lead to price increases. Ford is going to want to transition to that as quickly as possible.

Ford has no incentive to push out this MY production. They're going to move into MY23 as quickly as possible for the MAV and possibly all product lines.

EDIT: it's the reason why I bought now. I was going to wait until MY23 to buy. Let the first year quality issues work out. But interest rates are likely to go up to help curb inflation (the Fed is threatening it) and I felt the Mav's introductory price was low and would not be sustained (because of popularity, scarcity, material shortages, labor shortages and inflation). I believed it was the best time to buy for the next 3-5 years. So I held my nose and gave it a go, earlier than planned.
Same here. I wasn't planning on replacing a vehicle for a couple years, but in the initial marketing push it was clear that Ford was attempting to capture some market share by giving up some margin, so I thought it was worth it to hop on. It will like save me money in the long term because of the low financing rate and other cars I was looking at would have been several thousand dollars more expensive.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should add that my email for the FITS accessories didn't say I'd get it in January like some did, it just said in 2022. Therefore, I should expect it Feb. March. I hope anyway, 🙏 because I extended my lease only till April, and I don't know if I can extend it again.🤷‍♀️
🤔 Just reread my Fits email (10/21) and it said “in a few short months”

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the small dealership I ordered from had no other orders before me but had allocations?
Maybe. I was number 7 in line at my dealer when I ordered back in July. Priority has been at 10.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
You guys that just ordered and got scheduled, you suck.... joking of course.. my June 9th order is still yet to schedule so I'm looking at March or later to get it

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Late to report but I got my email yesterday for a build date of 1/31. At 11pm ET I got another email stating that the build date was adjusted to 1/24.

Hybrid XLT in Cactus Gray with spray in liner ordered on 6/11

Last edited:

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
Well we jut ordered this week, at small dealership and I got email it build date of 1/31, so I think it may be also depend on allocations for the dealer and how many that deer has ahead of you.
EcoBoost?
Sponsored