brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not mean to stir the pot. I was just trying to make sense of the way Ford is doing business. I agree with what Delzona said that take the June orders first then July and August and do not due any stock orders until our orders are caught up. Also due away with dealer allocations as far as our retail orders are concerned. If Ford would due it this way we would not be having these problems. Although in reality I know Ford will not due this so we will just have to deal with this situation. Also will there be any scheduling next Thursday?
And if Ford did it that way, you could expect to pay much more for the Maverick. It's partially because of the efficiency of their manufacturing (including shipping) that we're getting the Maverick for the price it is.
Sponsored

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Shocked...I got the email !!!

11/27 Order Date
XL 2.0L eco, Area 51,
spray in bed liner, all weather mats over carpet, & hitch receiver(w/4pin)

11/29/21 email recieved ORDER Confirmed

12/2/21 12:58pm (EST) email received- Build Date scheduled for 1/31/22

We ordered in-person with Townsend Ford in MA

Ford Maverick đź“Ł 12/2 Scheduling Email Received Group [Emails Arriving!!] Screenshot_20211203-091534_AOL

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if Ford did it that way, you could expect to pay much more for the Maverick. It's partially because of the efficiency of their manufacturing (including shipping) that we're getting the Maverick for the price it is.
Could you explain your reasoning to me cause I do not understand how that would raise the price of the truck. Ford established this truck to be affordable. You know as well as I do the more options you add the price of this truck is close to a base line Ranger which is close to $40,000. Also as far as shipping is concerned we are paying $1,495.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
No they aren't. Ford only has supply contracts for Hybrids that equals 40% of their production. That's why they closed the books. They are booked up in Hybrid production through June 2022. They will get Hybrid equipment deliveries over the whole model year. Those suppliers run their own factories and have contracts to deliver them over the whole MY.

They will not be able to run full bore production on Hybrids ever (at least not for very long). There will always be a lot of fallow production beyond what they can source Hybrid parts for. They probably are building every single Hybrid they can each week from here forward. Because the backlog order time for EB is not long for units without material constraints. And it's going to get lesser every month.

They could see the writing on the wall early that they may run out of production backlog for the EB. Probably why they are adding Brazil and Argentina production. Ford can't afford to waste that capacity. Although, they could have started flooding U.S./Canada dealers with EB stock units. I would have preferred this method. We have a new vehicle shortage in this country. But I fully expect them to make decisions in their best interest. Not mine.

I'm sure next MY they will be able to increase their Hybrid part supplies for greater numbers. They are probably finishing up those supply contracts and logistics now. But I expect significant price increases to occur on all vehicles. But especially the MAV Hybrid. At a minimum, they will likely raise it to the same price as the EB. No Hybrid discount.
So, essentially what I've been saying....most of us won't get our hybrids before they start taking orders (and probably building) MY23. Do you expect hybrid MY22 delieveries to continue into 2022, let's say December 2022? I'd say yes, based on what you say above. If they are bulding whatever they can for hybrids each week, why aren't they prioritizing orders from June and July over October? No one knows the answer but it sure seems like this is going to be hte Bronco all over again.

AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your cutoff date may be a little off. I ordered my XLT lux on Nov 2 and the DORA showed the drop-in subbed for the spray-in already even though the configurator from Ford's website still said spray-in with lux.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you explain your reasoning to me cause I do not understand how that would raise the price of the truck. Ford established this truck to be affordable. You know as well as I do the more options you add the price of this truck is close to a base line Ranger which is close to $40,000. Also as far as shipping is concerned we are paying $1,495.
Everything about the maverick is about efficiency. It's using existing/iterated platforms/parts, its JIT manufacturing is set up to control costs and build volume, and its shipping is intended to be able to move that volume as quickly/cheaply as possible (to reduce storage/stocking costs). Because the Maverick is offered at such a low cost (cheapest truck, cheapest hybrid), its margins are smaller than more luxury models/brands. Therefore, there is less profit to be had on individual units so they have to make that up in volume. If they did FIFO manufacturing and shipping it would greatly reduce their overall volume, so they'd have to increase the price of the individual units to make up the profit.

Sure, once you start adding options it gets close to a Ranger, but if you start adding options to a Ranger it starts getting closer to an F150 etc etc. That's how pricing strategy works. Destinations fees are standard for the industry, and really has nothing to do with "how" Ford ships (it's more of a marketing/sales thing) other than if they choose to do less efficient shipping they'll likely increase either the base MSRP or the destination fee. They'll get their profit one way or another.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fairness to Ford they said since day one there would be an early wave for dealer stock. These were built in August/Sept. I def lucked out.
I"m not talking about the early wave, that was expected-introduce the vehicle. I'm talking about the what I'm sure are ecoboost stock orders now.

Michele'sMav

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I would prefer not to drop the liner since aftermarket ones around my area are more expensive then getting it with the truck. I contacted Ford Monday and asked if anything is holding up my order and they said everything looks good... Though most people on this site say spray in will hold up your order... So who knows...
Well they accepted my order(11/27) on 11/29 which includes spray in liner and I got a build date, yesterday, of 1/31/22

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, essentially what I've been saying....most of us won't get our hybrids before they start taking orders (and probably building) MY23. Do you expect hybrid MY22 delieveries to continue into 2022, let's say December 2022? I'd say yes, based on what you say above. If they are bulding whatever they can for hybrids each week, why aren't they prioritizing orders from June and July over October? No one knows the answer but it sure seems like this is going to be hte Bronco all over again.
There's no reason to believe they won't clear their orders by the time MY23 orders open in June (or at least shortly after that). I'd take it as a good sign that they cut off orders so they can hit that target. They've also actually exceeded their overall expected production so far this year, so that's a good sign for when they actually ramp up production.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is really hard to understand how you June and July guys haven't been taken care of already. It shouldn't matter who you ordered from.
I"m not talking about the early wave, that was expected-introduce the vehicle. I'm talking about the what I'm sure are ecoboost stock orders now.
I totally agree there should not be one eoc stock order, that's not what they said they'd do.

Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no reason to believe they won't clear their orders by the time MY23 orders open in June (or at least shortly after that). I'd take it as a good sign that they cut off orders so they can hit that target. They've also actually exceeded their overall expected production so far this year, so that's a good sign for when they actually ramp up production.
I agree its great they are exceeded production so far, but with the 40% hybrid constraint, how can they possible expect to fill all the MY22 hybrids before MY23 orders start going into the que. Heck, someone posted on reddit this morning they got an e-mail that they build e-mail from yesterday already got moved back a week.....i'm sure more of those January builds are going to keep getting pushed back....It's only 1, but we already say November builds get pushed back to December...

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree its great they are exceeded production so far, but with the 40% hybrid constraint, how can they possible expect to fill all the MY22 hybrids before MY23 orders start going into the que. Heck, someone posted on reddit this morning they got an e-mail that they build e-mail from yesterday already got moved back a week.....i'm sure more of those January builds are going to keep getting pushed back....It's only 1, but we already say November builds get pushed back to December...
They can expect to fill orders because they know about their constraint and they capped orders to ensure they can fulfill them. Piece of advice: don't put too much stock in the anecdotal experiences posted here or on Reddit. Sure they suck for the individuals, but it's a classic case of sampling on the dependent variable. We're seeing the issues because people come to forums to post them.

Orders get moved all the time (forward and back).

voyeurtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 and '14 Escape
I haven't spoken with my dealer in a bit, which is fine since I am quite certain he's useless, but I agree with you in that we've waited for what we want so might as well keep waiting! Fingers crossed for us both my AZ friend!
You have to be proactive with these salespeople, if you know what should be done to order your truck, trll them what yo do.

My salesperson put mine as a stock order with code 80. Different forums and YouTube videos say it should be a retail order an code 10-19. I told my salesperson and it was corrected. I hadn't received a confirmation email from Ford and asked him to make sure my correct email was linked to my order. Ten minutes later, I received my confirmation email.

In a long winded way, I'm trying to say that the salespeople didn't receive a lot of training from Ford in how to jandle a new sales process snd they don't always know what they are doing. Good salespeople accept the follow-up and are appreciative of the help and learning opportunity.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least I’m not alone. At the very beginning I told them about some discount program I get with my employer so I thought maybe they were stringing me along hoping that I would back out and they could turn around and sell it at a mark-up. Probably just being cynical though… they do seem like good people, just don’t seem to know a whole lot about what’s going on.
I'm in Hawaii and my dealer seems to be clueless as to what's going on with the Maverick, So don't feel like your alone in Ford's handling of how they are treating not only us but dealers also🤔

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can expect to fill orders because they know about their constraint and they capped orders to ensure they can fulfill them. Piece of advice: don't put too much stock in the anecdotal experiences posted here or on Reddit. Sure they suck for the individuals, but it's a classic case of sampling on the dependent variable. We're seeing the issues because people come to forums to post them.

Orders get moved all the time (forward and back).
When we both have our hybrids, let's meet in Wisconsin (Illinois here) and have a beer and do some fishing!

I'd still argue that if they knew that had to cap builds based on what they have/can get, there's no reason they shouldn't start filling our June/July orders as a priority versus this scatterbrained method of some unicorn lottery system where small town dealers don't get any allocations and Chapman/Long MacArthur/Granger seem to have plenty of allocations. Face it, we aren't getting our hybrids till next summer/fall at this point.
Sponsored