Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Okay. Geez don't know what to believe at this point. Not trying to sound like a whiner because there are people that have been waiting a lot longer than me (Nov 1st). Just that my current car is my only car and I was offered a good amount as a trade in. So I have been trying to put as little miles as possible. I like to take day trips or drive out of state sometimes. Was going to drive down to Tennessee week after next with a friend but have canceled that as I would be putting at least another 1500 miles on my car. So pretty much all my summer plans have been put on hold basically. It is what it is I guess, but I know I will never order another car again. It's either in transit to a dealer or on a dealers lot or I don't buy it. I just don't see why all the constraints. You would think they would have multiple locations around the country or world for chips or more than one shop that can do spray in bed liners, etc. :rolleyes:
Two is one, one is none.
Sponsored

JoshC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m totally cool getting a ‘23 later this fall, as long as the interior of the XLT doesn’t change.

Falcon01

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm one of those guys that's been waiting almost 2 years for a Bronco. I have an order for both a Bronco and a Maverick. No build dates for either of them and I'm honestly starting to lose hope.

I was planning on buying both originally, but now might only buy one of them and get something else instead.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably would not have ordered a Mav if they told me a year wait time but I’m at the point of no return now. September orders are still not scheduled with my configuration so I don’t expect a 22 at this point. If you have lux and 360 we my need to make some tuff decisions and drop one or both. Don’t see 23 being any different except for interest rates continue to rise and a new influx of base XLs that will be built first.

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably would not have ordered a Mav if they told me a year wait time but I’m at the point of no return now. September orders are still not scheduled with my configuration so I don’t expect a 22 at this point. If you have lux and 360 we my need to make some tuff decisions and drop one or both. Don’t see 23 being any different except for interest rates continue to rise and a new influx of base XLs that will be built first.
I agree. I had it with waiting and finally got scheduled for the June 26th week. 10/12 order and I had lux/360 and dropped both and now I am scheduled so it really does hold it back if they are up to your week/month on scheduling.

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. I had it with waiting and finally got scheduled for the June 26th week. 10/12 order and I had lux/360 and dropped both and now I am scheduled so it really does hold it back if they are up to your week/month on scheduling.
I think tomorrow I will drop the lux but not 360. I also have a sibl with the lux so this should help me.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would guess that if there are '23 orders which are "bare bones" and contain no constraints they may well be built before some of the '22 MY orders with constraints that have been rolled over. No manufacturer will produce only 1500 widgets with constrained parts when the capacity is there to build another 1000 widgets that do not have any constraints. Just saying....

Constraints may change but I seriously doubt that all constraints will just magically disappear when they begin making '23 MY

If some after-market item is at 4 percent constraint, like mud flaps, has been hurting your chances to get a 22 build, they may very well hurt your chances for a 23 build.
I ordered mine with mudflaps. I would remove them if that was the only thing holding up my truck. However I don't understand why something as simple as mudflaps are a constraint. I can understand chips things like that but come on. If you need more, build a mold then have a machine spit them out every 30 seconds.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 10 weeks before the order banks open for 23. Doubtless there'll be a flood of information from Ford for us 22s. I hope I have time to read all the emails.

Mspi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mspi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 10 weeks before the order banks open for 23. Doubtless there'll be a flood of information from Ford for us 22s. I hope I have time to read all the emails.
This is depressing, July 7th LARIAT trim with lux/360 co. order here I am starting to believe it's impossible for ford to complete 22 model orders that ordered from June to Aug 2021 for MY22. Just sad very sad.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who the hell wants a MY22 in October when the 23s would be out within the same timeframe?:mad:
me :D. I built and ordered mine exactly the way I wanted. No reason to start the waiting game clock all over again just to change a digit in the MY 🤷‍♂️

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would guess that if there are '23 orders which are "bare bones" and contain no constraints they may well be built before some of the '22 MY orders with constraints that have been rolled over. No manufacturer will produce only 1500 widgets with constrained parts when the capacity is there to build another 1000 widgets that do not have any constraints. Just saying....

Constraints may change but I seriously doubt that all constraints will just magically disappear when they begin making '23 MY

If some after-market item is at 4 percent constraint, like mud flaps, has been hurting your chances to get a 22 build, they may very well hurt your chances for a 23 build.
don't see how they can have both model years running down the line at same time, or flip flopping. IMO it will be a full change over with a line shutdown, tweaking robots, modifying some stations and processes, etc.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Old Ranchero. I totally agree after the 23 startup, all models will be 23's. I was just trying to separate 22's which are rolled over and become 23's and the newly ordered 23's. Things never seem as simple as they used to be! 🙂

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't wait to see new '23 barebones XL orders get built before constrained 22 rollovers. We all know it'll happen. (FIFO-allocations)÷constraints=12 months or more with 0 Mavs in the garage. Ford fuzzy math.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Can't wait to see new '23 barebones XL orders get built before constrained 22 rollovers. We all know it'll happen. (FIFO-allocations)÷constraints=12 months or more with 0 Mavs in the garage. Ford fuzzy math.
Im a bare bones hybrid XL with nothing but a hitch. No communication from anyone. I’ve lost hope. Maybe by Christmas.
Sponsored