Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly, the production number for July was under 3k so two weeks of normal scheduling and then the 3 week pause. Hopefully @fordvideoguy can give us the August numbers we'll be able to get a good idea if we will be pushed to MY23. At this point with a late Oct order with Lux package, figure there is a 85% chance of being pushed to MY23. My only hope is if during the last run of FE that they need some Lariat Lux to finish out the batch.
Not trying to be argumentative here, but where did you come up with that calculation? For all we know (or don't), Ford may be planning to ramp up production to +10k units per month for August, September, into October cut off. They could go to 3 shifts, take over the Bronco Sport line capacity, etc. if they want to and have parts to build most remaining units. IMO, they would not be taking the break weeks and pushing out the MY2022 production into October if they weren't reasonably confident they can build most the remaining orders. I don't think there are even 30k units left to build based on clues of how many total orders they actually had. I ordered Dec 15th, 2021 and have lots of constraints but all indications are mine will get built as ordered as a MY2022.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trying to be argumentative here, but where did you come up with that calculation? For all we know (or don't), Ford may be planning to ramp up production to +10k units per month for August, September, into October cut off. They could go to 3 shifts, take over the Bronco Sport line capacity, etc. if they want to and have parts to build most remaining units. IMO, they would not be taking the break weeks and pushing out the MY2022 production into October if they weren't reasonably confident they can build most the remaining orders. I don't think there are even 30k units left to build based on clues of how many total orders they actually had. I ordered Dec 15th, 2021 and have lots of constraints but all indications are mine will get built as ordered as a MY2022.
Old Ranchero, hoping for some insight with August production numbers. But the only time Ford went over 7k production was followed by an under 3k number. We can all hope, but setting my expectations to be on the past history as have seen nothing to say constraints are a thing of the past. Just hoping to ease by the end of the year and do not consider mid-October the end of the year to make any big difference.

Last edited:

Old Dog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My MAV was in production as of 5-13-22. I checked with the "Order track" site yesterday and it came up with "built waiting for shipment". No notice from Ford. I called CS and they verified. I will update status on the Mav blog.

I was in on 5/16/22. Did you have a spray in bed liner? I have not heard any good news on shipping if there was a SIBL on on the order.
No ... I canceled all add-ons. I ordered all and they are waiting at dealer. I am thinking Rino spray on, but have not decided yet.
When did you get your original scheduling notice and window sticker? I got my window sticker just over 3 weeks ago and haven't been built yet. But apparently that's the case for tons of other people that got scheduled 3 weeks ago too.
My Window sticker says 5-13-22 ????? hope that answers your question.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But the only time Ford went over 7k production was followed by an under 3k number.
Not true. Here are the actual production numbers

January 7842
February 9184
March 9778
April 9179

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think those are sales numbers.

Sponsored

Okiemudman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
July 20 order and it was built last week with projected delivery July 1. They getting them built, finally.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Berfs1

First Name
Gourob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
When did you get your original scheduling notice and window sticker? I got my window sticker just over 3 weeks ago and haven't been built yet. But apparently that's the case for tons of other people that got scheduled 3 weeks ago too.
Actually, I found out because my dad and I went to the dealership to ask. I asked ford directly before, they said it hasn't been scheduled yet, but the dealership already had the scheduled date (this was back around May 1st) set for May 31. I got the build scheduled email from ford about 3 weeks ago. I just checked my email before posting, seems i missed an email notifying me that it got pushed back 1 week...

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No ... I canceled all add-ons. I ordered all and they are waiting at dealer. I am thinking Rino spray on, but have not decided yet.

Yup. Same as me and lots of others.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, my bad Automate. Production (YTD): 26,804 vehicles from the thread link and did, perhaps wrongly remember sales numbers which is also quoted there. We know some hybrids were built and had to sit until year end for the EPA numbers.. Using the 26.8k for three months and 40-50% hybrids is a total of 13k hybrids. Stand by my belief there is a 85% chance my late October Lariat Lux Hybrid will become a MY23.

Production numbers final went up a bit to 10k and 50% hybrids for June production and crashed under 3k for July.

So lets say 15k hybrids in the second qtr or 28k hybrids ytd. July will be down but lets say 22k hybrids to the end of production or 50k total.

We don't know the total hybrid orders so see where you are hopeful but some think there are between 80 to 110k orders with over 60% hybrid. So gauging my expectations down since I have a constraint Lux late October hybrid order. Guessing 5k of hybrid with constraint items will become MY23. Nobody knows how Aug, Sept and half of Oct production schedules will go. Hence hoping for insight from Tim on the Tuesday night chat.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Berfs1

First Name
Gourob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Some of you need to chill. Seriously. It's exhausting. This is something you want, not something essential to life.
Then I guess I'm the exception. I do doordash and uber eats for a living. I drive about 4000 miles a month, give or take some. The current car that I drive (that my parents graciously gave me) does 15 MPG with premium (required). The Maverick Hybrid will estimate probably 40 MPG on a bad day for me, so I will use that. 4000/15 = ~267 gallons, and 4000/40 = 100 gallons. Assume 5$ for premium and 4$ for regular, that turns out to 1335$ per month for gas versus 400$ respectively. Now say it to my face that this is a leisure item for me. It's not. I have waited and waited for a build date, and finally got the build date in May; I placed the order in September. Yeah it's not the end of the world for me, but I could definitely use an extra 11,200$ per year (minus about half that can go for car payment).

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly, the production number for July was under 3k so two weeks of normal scheduling and then the 3 week pause. Hopefully @fordvideoguy can give us the August numbers we'll be able to get a good idea if we will be pushed to MY23. At this point with a late Oct order with Lux package, figure there is a 85% chance of being pushed to MY23. My only hope is if during the last run of FE that they need some Lariat Lux to finish out the batch.

Did get a new x-plan pin number in case the truck arrives after Dec 1st. They told me I'm allowed 2 pin numbers a calendar year.
I have waited over a year for a Ford. First the bronco sport and now the maverick. My pin number has already expired. Got to get a new one also.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Update. Just today on the Ford tracking page, I saw a date next to In Production that said May 30th. This came a little over 3 weeks since my status changed to In Production. A truck with an official in production date usually gets built within 5 days.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not true. Here are the actual production numbers

January 7842
February 9184
March 9778
April 9179
so that's 35,983 YTD as of April. I think (yes dangerous I know) total production from 2021 was ~23k? That would mean just under 60k produced so far in my unscientific, not 100% fact based estimate. IMO, producing another 20-30k from June-October end of production should be achievable as long as parts/materials are available. I will continue to believe my December order will be built as MY2022 until officially notified by Ford that isn't happening :cool:

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so that's 35,983 YTD as of April. I think (yes dangerous I know) total production from 2021 was ~23k? That would mean just under 60k produced so far in my unscientific, not 100% fact based estimate. IMO, producing another 20-30k from June-October end of production should be achievable as long as parts/materials are available. I will continue to believe my December order will be built as MY2022 until officially notified by Ford that isn't happening :cool:
If I was a betting man, which I am...I would be betting that you get rolled over to a 2023, and will be officially notified about that at the end of June or July. If Ford doesn't tell you before August, they have failed more than they already have with this rollout and build priorities.

You're a December orderer. For reference. I ordered June 10th and my truck is only just now getting BUILT this week. There are still THOUSANDS that ordered after me that haven't even been scheduled yet.

Some good news for you though. If you get extremely lucky...the earliest you can get a scheduling email is one week from now. Meaning the earliest it could get built is the last week of June. Meaning the earliest it would be finished is around 1 July.

The average time from being built to be able to pick up from a dealership is 2 month. Your BEST CASE scenario...is your truck finally ready to be picked up early early September. That's assuming you get chosen before everyone else that ordered in June, July, August, September, October, and November that haven't been scheduled yet.

Since I doubt that will happen, one or two things will happen...you won't get a 2022 Maverick until November, or you get rolled over to a 2023...and get in Feb of next year right after others that got rolled over but ordered before you.

If I were you, I'd much rather have a fixed 2023 model at the very beginning of 2023 than a 2022 at the very end of 2022. At this point, if I was you or anyone else, I would WANT to get rolled over. My 12 month anniversary of ordering my Maverick is 11 days away and I most likely won't get it until August. If I wasn't going to be scheduled to get it until September or later, I wouldn't even want it.

I was one of the first is the country to order a 2022 Maverick...and will be one of the last in the country to get one. I almost wish I never got scheduled so it could help my case as being the most pissed off customer in the country.
Sponsored

Last edited: