First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand Ford's process. My dealer has tons of allocations available, I have a confirmed order 2 weeks prior to yours, mine is an XLT Hybrid w/Lux (includes spray-in bed liner), whereas you appear to have optioned a spray-in liner separately - yet still get a build date ahead of mine. I'm not bitter, no sir, not one bit!
I had a similar discussion with my salesman on Thursday as to why my XLT Hybrid, LUX, 360, manual sliding window didn't picked when another XLT was picked that was ordered after me. One thing I forgot about and Tim Bartz (@fordvideoguy) reminded me of is that XLT with LUX package are only given a 20% build rate right now. So people who ordered XLTs after you and don't have the LUX package have a better chance of getting selected for a build date. Of course this isn't saying that XLT LUX models aren't being built, it just means they are building fewer of them right now. That could be why yours didn't get selected or maybe the planets were out of alignment, either could be the case! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no idea really. I've seen the stuff Ford has put out about getting the FIT measurements or whatever they're called and being able to 3D print your own accessories.

I know very little about 3D printing if anything. When I read the email I believe it mentioned they were providing a Kit. I was thinking a Kit typically is a box or bag of pieces and parts that has to be put together, molded together or whatever 3D Printing does and jumped to the conclusion that it required a 3d printer.

I apologize for being stupid in your eyes and not knowing anything about 3D printing or how 3D Printing works. I apologize for not being able to read Ford's mind when they wrote the email that the reader was supposed to automatically know it was the actual items and not a Kit.

Hopefully this will explain that I only posted because I was confused as to what was really being provided and how someone without a 3D Printer use this Kit.

EDIT:
Added a snapshot of the paragraph that confused me. Hopefully you aren't confused by it too.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 19.33.10.png
I think Ford did chose poor wording by saying kit, because that implies something you have to put together, whereas "bundle" would have indicated multiple items that are ready to use. When I looked at the Ford website and did another Maverick build I notice they now have these items available to add to your build for $50 and they come with a 24 month/unlimited mileage or the remainder of your 36 month/36000 mile bumper to bumper coverage! Good to know my rear seat cupholder is covered! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Data mined from this thread on orders selected for production:

40 total orders selected for production

26 were Hybrid's
11 were EcoBoost's
3 were undefined

2 were XL's
22 were XLT's
8 were Lariat's
8 were FE's (First Edition)

1 - 11/22 Production Date
3 - 11/29 Production Date
1 - 12/6 Production Date
35 - 12/13 Production Date

EDIT: Info updated for orders selected for production posted after this post
Did you happen to get info on how many of the XLT hybrids had LUX package?

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Production date moved. Now, a week earlier:

Ford Maverick 📣10/21 Scheduling Email Received Group [Emails Arriving!] 1635047818081

Sponsored

breeves

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Rec'd Sunday 10/24th @ 9:40 with scheduling update. Moved to 11/9, a slip of a week or two. Lariat Lux pkg fwd turbo 18"wheels and two other pkgs. No add on's that would delay.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Oil change access panel”?
Can you elaborate?
You’re referring to what is in my signature. I am going to remove the plastic panel and fab a door 🚪 for the oil filter and drain plug. Than reattach.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You’re referring to what is in my signature. I am going to remove the plastic panel and fab a door 🚪 for the oil filter and drain plug. Than reattach.
A bit of work.
Is removing the plastic panel that much of a PIA?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bit of work.
Is removing the plastic panel that much of a PIA?
To me it is worth it. I drive a lot and change my oil more frequently than recommended.

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To me it is worth it. I drive a lot and change my oil more frequently than recommended.
Like to see how it comes out. I do most of my own changes as well. Appreciate it if you could post pics at completion. I have yet to see under the hood of a hybrid, in person.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like to see how it comes out. I do most of my own changes as well. Appreciate it if you could post pics at completion. I have yet to see under the hood of a hybrid, in person.
I will post a video and details of the modification. If I feel for some reason it won’t work or will ruin the under panel I may skip it.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I received an email from Ford yesterday that my Maverick build week has been changed from Dec 13 2021 to Jan 3 2022.
That stinks....I have the same build week of 12/13 but I didn't receive an email pushing it back. I ordered a very similar truck as you but I didn't add some of the extras like the floor mats, bed extender, ash tray, ect. that you did.

I wonder if one of those items went into constraint so they pushed your build back a few weeks?

Deleted member 4163

That stinks....I have the same build week of 12/13 but I didn't receive an email pushing it back. I ordered a very similar truck as you but I didn't add some of the extras like the floor mats, bed extender, ash tray, ect. that you did.

I wonder if one of those items went into constraint so they pushed your build back a few weeks?
Most likely. The spray-in liner was only at 3% on the last constraints list.
Sponsored