Sponsored

Jojam3000

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord
Yeah that's been a hot topic this afternoon. Sounds like hybrid folks who aren't scheduled yet should pretty much plan to get that same email.

If you're going to be in need of something new before next year, that $50 accessory pack probably doesn't sweeten the deal much...
For sure. I was so emotional when I saw an email from Ford haha. Thought it was my build date.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I apparently didn't take my own advice from a post early and almost had a heart attack when I saw an email from ford... Never clicked an email so fast in my life.
HAHAHA! I did the same thing. Thought maybe a second batch of emails went out and I got lucky. I mean, I guess I kinda did but not with the scheduled/build date I wanted.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got it. When it first hit my email i got excited. Then i realized what it was and was thankful that they at least acknowledged my order. Haven’t heard a thing since i ordered it in July. Lariat with Lux. - Area 51.

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good catch! They are worded differently. Mine is like yours
I have that same wording as well. My wife forwarded the email to me since their system still never updated the order to my email.

Ford Maverick Ford Letter to Hybrid Order Holders -- nearly sold out for 2022 + free FITS Accessory Kit Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.35.02 PM

Reactions: Aza

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if the wording is different for those who have been scheduled vs. those who only have placed an order and are still unscheduled. It would make sense the way both read slightly differently.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if the wording is different for those who have been scheduled vs. those who only have placed an order and are still unscheduled. It would make sense the way both read slightly differently.
I think it is. @STARCOMMTREY1 's email is different than mine and his trucks are scheduled.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine says January. I ordered June 14, and went into production September 29.

rightmuch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the dealer laugh in your face? They want you to not buy the truck at this point because they could sell it for a huge markup. I totally understand the frustration, I have a June order that has not been scheduled yet, but pre-ordering a totally new vehicle during the worst global supply-chain disaster in my lifetime, a vehicle that has no real competitor at the pricepoint and therefore has insane demand, you had to know you were signing up for a roller-coaster ride.
Yup. And when there’s no toilet paper at Costco and there are 100 ships outside Long Beach waiting to dock, this is what happens. I have to laugh at the conspiracy theories on forums that think Ford is doing this on purpose.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what to make of the differences in the emails.

One says that "your" Maverick will be coming in a few months and that deliveries will start in January (and that waiting stinks).

The other doesn't mention January, says Mavericks will be on their way in a few months, and says there's "one with your name on it" that "will be delivered next year."

It really seems like the only substantive change is the early version mentioned January and the later version didn't, but I'm making some assumptions there. (The OP's letter mentions January and mine -- which arrived later -- didn't.)

No idea what that means. Except that maybe they decided that predicting first deliveries in January was a bad idea.