Sponsored

Will 2023 Hybrid order holders have to pay higher price for 2024 Hybrid?

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted a lariat as well, but have a XLT now ( I ordered a lariat and a XLT and while waiting for either to be built, my dealer sold me a XLT at MSRP so I bought it a month ago )

I wanted the Lariat for the push button start... the quieter windshield... the better radio package... the adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel.... The power sliding back window.

But I didn't want the brownish colored seats, so I had added the BAP to have the seats be black. All in the Lariat was to be $6775 more than the XLT I ordered.

After driving the XLT I came to the conclusion that I hardly ever used the adaptive cruise in my last two vehicles that had it... I don't really mind sticking a key in a ignition ... the XLT hybrid is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned so I don't need the " acoustic windshield ".... The sliding rear window I only ever used in my other trucks if one of the kids farts in the backseat, so I will just roll down one of the side windows when that happens... and as nice as heated steering wheels are, its not worth $6775!

The radio in the XLT Does indeed suck. It has the poorest sound quality of any radio in any vehicle I have owned since the mid 90's. But if that becomes a issue worth fixing I am sure for a couple hundred bucks the local car audio shop could fix that with upgraded speakers pretty easily. And I am pretty sure for a little money I could buy a heated wheel and get it to work with forscan. So for now I am pretty sure I am very happy with my XLT and saving close to 7 grand over the lariat.

Oh and as a bonus, I never wanted the fake leather seats in the lariat to begin with. I wanted cloth all along. Vinyl seats would be acceptable if they were ventilated, but the maverick lariat seats aren't. On a warm day the cloth seats will be less hot and sweaty on your butt than " leather " seats.
You can get xlt luxury pack to get heated steering for 23 and 24. Heard the Lariat speakers aren't that great either. Yea I will reorder xlt with lux pack, copilot 360, bap.
Sponsored