First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best review and GREAT pics of the Alto Blue. Question, at what speed to you start noticing the hood flutter?

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the hood flutter make any noise or is it just one of those things you notice peripherally? My wife's 2015 Rogue does the same thing in the same location, but after seeing it initially, I rarely notice and it hasn't caused any issues.

Lombardidm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 2016 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review, very detailed. Thanks for taking the time! I'm going to miss the sunglass holder since the 1st Edition comes with the sunroof! 😉

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be picking up my XLT (2.0, AWD, 4k, FX4, Lux, A51) today, trading in our Subaru Forester Xt (CEL just popped up this morning, Argh). The Forester also has had a "hood flap" for its entire life, dealer said they couldn't adjust it. Even though I work on my vehicles, I neve felt it was not a big enough deal for me to try and do anything about it. The manual says there is a way to adjust, but I never found it. Oh, and the Subaru's doesn't make noise, it is just noticeable that the front driver side of the hood seems to not sit as tight against the rubber stops.

Is the auto-headlight adjustable? On the Subaru I can adjust how sensitive the system is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
No it's Hard Tri-fold. Still debating whether I should go Hard Roll-Up or Hard Tri-Fold.
I do want to be able to see out the back cause I will have a manual rear sliding window but I'm just concerned about Hard Roll-up's durability compared to the Hard Tri-fold. Which you think would be more durable and sturdy?
If they are both manufactured by Bak and the Hard Tri-Fold is an aluminum frame, then it can support 400 lbs (distributed), which would be the same as the roll-up. The Tri-fold has fewer moving parts, so that is a benefit there. It would probably be more costly to replace a segment that got damaged, since they are wide sections. An individual slat of the roll-up could be replaced if it got bent/damaged. Best of luck with whichever type you end up choosing.

My 15 Mazda 3 blind spot alert has the light on with no sound and only makes noise if you put your turn signal on when someone is in your blind spot. I can't remember if the 2020 Edge we rented a few months ago did the same thing, however I was a bit disappointed that it was only an orange dot on the mirror rather than the entire car symbols illuminating. It was hard to see sometimes if you were just quickly glancing at your mirror.

Does the Maverick have just that small dot or are the car symbols illuminated?
Maverick has a symbol with 2 vehicles and some motion representations. It is pretty bright and is hard to miss. It may be the same way as you described where it would make noise if your signal is on, but I didn't encounter that on the drive. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the detailed review and the pictures. I really want a roll bed cover so this helps me to look out for things etc.

Originally I was set on Alto Blue, but I am so unsure of this color as it looks so dark so often...don't get me wrong I want a darker blue but half the time in pictures unless its in direct sunlight it looks black to me. Once I start seeing them in person more I am sure I will finally figure it out.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review & info, thanks for taking time to post details!

After scanning your first post, I was about to go off on how you managed to get the Falkens on the black wheels......then I see on a later post you swapped tires yourself! HA!

I can't believe Ford won't allow that option (except First Edition), so stupid.

Congrat's on your truck!

First Name
Brian Schober
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus
Great review and photos!

The cubby was likely cost-savings rather than solely supply-chain issue. Other manufacturers are touting giant screens in their new releases (Tundra/Santa Cruz).
Too bad they not only shrunk the screen, they chose not to retool the dash area to a proper design.
Screams makeshift.
ford has gotta save something thats easy for a mid-cycle refresh.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ford has gotta save something thats easy for a mid-cycle refresh.
While not exactly easy, I'm betting the hybrid AWD option comes to fruition as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Best review and GREAT pics of the Alto Blue. Question, at what speed to you start noticing the hood flutter?
I notice it start somewhere near the 45-50 mph mark. Thanks for asking.

Does the hood flutter make any noise or is it just one of those things you notice peripherally? My wife's 2015 Rogue does the same thing in the same location, but after seeing it initially, I rarely notice and it hasn't caused any issues.
No noise, just movement, but that may be due to the acoustic windshield. Glad to hear yours has not had issue after 6 years.

I'll be picking up my XLT (2.0, AWD, 4k, FX4, Lux, A51) today, trading in our Subaru Forester Xt (CEL just popped up this morning, Argh). The Forester also has had a "hood flap" for its entire life, dealer said they couldn't adjust it. Even though I work on my vehicles, I neve felt it was not a big enough deal for me to try and do anything about it. The manual says there is a way to adjust, but I never found it. Oh, and the Subaru's doesn't make noise, it is just noticeable that the front driver side of the hood seems to not sit as tight against the rubber stops.

Is the auto-headlight adjustable? On the Subaru I can adjust how sensitive the system is.
Pages 96 to 98 of the Owner's Manual talks about the system, but there is no mention of adjustment. There may be something buried in the Sync3 Menu System, but it is cumbersome to look through.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Thanks for your very honest review. Takes a bit of the gloss off, but also makes it clear that, no matter your configuration, this is an economy-level vehicle, and confirms that I shouldn’t expect it to match the quality of my wife’s BMW’s

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wonder if the hood fluttering is due to the Maverick hood not being insulated underneath and sheet metal without insulation may be too thin to support low air pressure underneath...i'm sure Ford will find a solution with enough complaints.

way to find out is to tape a 3 or 4 foot long strip of styrophom to the underneath of the front of the hood (temporally) to see if flexing stops or decreases.

Last edited:

Baconator

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia optima
Great question, thanks for it. I actually would have added it under "Good" if I had thought about it. I usually listened to it at 6 (quite low, but listenable). I switched through a few stations at a higher level. It was 5 by 5 (loud and clear) and seemed to have a great range of frequency response. The sound was warm, not quite what you would get from a home tube driven system.

It was easy to adjust the treble/mid/bass to my liking. The Subwoofer had a decent amount of bounce if you like that sort of thing. Not quite a Memphis competition amp and sub, but it does the job.
A vehicle is only as good as the sound system Thanks for the review.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great question, thanks for it. I actually would have added it under "Good" if I had thought about it. I usually listened to it at 6 (quite low, but listenable). I switched through a few stations at a higher level. It was 5 by 5 (loud and clear) and seemed to have a great range of frequency response. The sound was warm, not quite what you would get from a home tube driven system.

It was easy to adjust the treble/mid/bass to my liking. The Subwoofer had a decent amount of bounce if you like that sort of thing. Not quite a Memphis competition amp and sub, but it does the job.
With your response, are you referring to the B&O system?
Sponsored