marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are in an accident, they will definitely notice. Please, leave them in when you have passengers!
We had to do that in my wife 04 Chevy Malibu. She is very short at 4'8" and could not see out the back with them in. We put them in the trunk for when they are needed. Now the 2020 Camry bought the low end trim the are fixed. Lucky rear view camera a a think now so that helped a lot.
Sponsored

Chad10

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Good review. I feel the same way, they did so many good things. But then just cut corners on other things. Time will tell.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here's a question: is it possible to add the engine cover and maybe the hood insulation from either the Escape or Bronco Sport? How is the engine cover attached?
For EB engine cover, yes. I have ‘20 Escape and already compared. There is one post that needs to be screwed in, then cover will pop right one.
The underhood shape is different, so not sure about that.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That does appear so! I guess it didn't bug me much then! I do wish it was auto-dimming with homelink. That is something I'm hopeful to swap out.
Definitely post about your swap out if you do it. Homelink with an auto-dimming mirror is something I'll miss with my current car. Hopefully it's an easy swap.
See my post: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ressions-of-the-2022-maverick.3669/post-81455

Looks like it will fit in the console, within the gap of the front vertical surface of the armrest. That is my tentative location at this point. Will be my first mod. I’ll post info when I do it. But it will be a while since I just placed my order this week. Have done it on 3 cars so far.

Here it is in wife’s ’20 Escape:
Ford Maverick 1,000 Mile XLT Owner's Review 1635504763609

Last edited:

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hadn't read about the rearview mirror possibly being lower with the Copilot360 pkg until I saw this thread. Found this POV video of a test drive -

@ about the 10:40 mark there's a good view showing the mirror and the 'black box' above it. Hopefully it's just how he has the head-mounted GoPro on, because that does seem low. In my current car (2015 Subaru Crosstrek), I have to peek around the mirror because I sit tall and it does block my view a little.

If you get copilot 360 the mirror is lowered closer to the dash and big black box takes up forward visibility. I opted out of it for that reason. I thought the side mirrors were adequate and I could see everything around me with no blind spots.

I also wanted the blind spot corner mirrors over the “dot” that you get with the 360. I could see everything all around me.

Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering there is a backup camera, can the rear view mirror be removed?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering there is a backup camera, can the rear view mirror be removed?
The backup camera feed is displayed on the infotainment screen, not the rear view mirror.

Is it just me or does the instrument cluster look like a lariat rather than an XLT ?
XLT w/ FX4 gets the Lariat instrument cluser.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
So does the mirror have any sensors or is it the box above the mirror that has the sensors?

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hadn't read about the rearview mirror possibly being lower with the Copilot360 pkg until I saw this thread. Found this POV video of a test drive -

@ about the 10:40 mark there's a good view showing the mirror and the 'black box' above it. Hopefully it's just how he has the head-mounted GoPro on, because that does seem low. In my current car (2015 Subaru Crosstrek), I have to peek around the mirror because I sit tall and it does block my view a little.
Thanks for this video. I’m going to ask the local dealership if the rear view mirror can be taken off; if not, while I like the 360 function, a low hanging rear view mirror is a no go for me.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you get copilot 360 the mirror is lowered closer to the dash and big black box takes up forward visibility. I opted out of it for that reason. I thought the side mirrors were adequate and I could see everything around me with no blind spots.

I also wanted the blind spot corner mirrors over the “dot” that you get with the 360. I could see everything all around me.
All trim levels regardless of CP360 have the mirror in the same spot.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First I can't imagine needing Auto-Dimming with such dark tint on the rear window. But that is what the little lever is for under the mirror.

As for the HomeLink, have you seen this?

I'm planning on installing this on the dash somewhere. It's battery operated so it should be easy.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-C2nhqRm2oFZ/p_220HLBP1/Gentex-GENHLBP1.html?awcr=76759699680738&awdv=c&awkw=Gentex GENHLBP1 battery powered HomeLink&awmt=e&awnw=s&awat=&awug=
Interesting. Hadn't seen one of those but for $149 you're only $50 away from the auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Every vehicle I've driven in the last 15 years has had window tint and the auto-dimming is still necessary (for me). I understand I can flip the switch on the bottom but...thats, not auto.

Just like you can press the button on your garage door opener instead of the homelink. It's not a need but a want.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Interesting. Hadn't seen one of those but for $149 you're only $50 away from the auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Every vehicle I've driven in the last 15 years has had window tint and the auto-dimming is still necessary (for me). I understand I can flip the switch on the bottom but...thats, not auto.

Just like you can press the button on your garage door opener instead of the homelink. It's not a need but a want.
Totally understand. I discovered the HomeLink button through someone else's post and thought I'd share. I'm on the fence with it. My wife's Lexus is the Garage Queen and it has HomeLink. My Maverick is banished to the outside Carport. I don't need a HomeLink to park there. So I'm not sure if I'll get it yet.

As for tint, if I go to town in the AM I'm looking at the sun rise. If I'm heading home after noon, I'm looking at the sun setting. So I really need it in the front more than the back. So I'll mostly let it ride and see how it goes. Definitely going to remove the back headrests for better visibility though.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
If you are in an accident, they will definitely notice. Please, leave them in when you have passengers!
Thanks for reminder. Never hurts to be reminded on safety stuff.

As for the back seat, all I know is the last 4 trucks I've had beginning back in 2015, no one has ever sat in the back seats. Part of the reason I HATE these giant crew cabs. Would have much preferred a Club Cab. Just enough room to put a small overnight bag and backpack.

Have a safe day.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick was built to be an economical/affordable vehicle so there are compromises. Lack of soft interior materials and sound deadening are two obvious traits of this cost cutting. Most new garages door openers are linked to an app or you can install Chamberlain’s MyQ system and open/close through the app on your Mavericks touchscreen. Paying basement price yet expecting Mercedes luxury…..
Sponsored