First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Install it in the cubby next to the audio system!
When he first posted that and I checked it out that was my very first though. Could even 3D print something to encase the homelink inside of there and just pop it in and out as a battery needs changed
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Install it in the cubby next to the audio system!
Still thinking about. Wife needs HomeLink and has it in the Lexus. I don't need one to park the Maverick under the carport, outside, in the cold, in the rain. You catch my drift.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Can you download Chamberlains app on sync3? I definitely want the auto-dimming but $200 goes a long way towards a new garage door opener....
Not sure. It's on my iPhone. If in CarPlay, do ALL Apps load or just select ones? Either way, iPhone will be right there next to cubby or in cubby.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure. It's on my iPhone. If in CarPlay, do ALL Apps load or just select ones? Either way, iPhone will be right there next to cubby or in cubby.
Not all apps show up in carplay - in fact a very small subset do. Messaging, Navigation, and Audio apps are all that are likely to appear.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you download Chamberlains app on sync3? I definitely want the auto-dimming but $200 goes a long way towards a new garage door opener....
I haven’t taken delivery yet so I can’t be 100% sure. I was told by other more tech savvy people that it should work. It’s one of the reasons why I got the MyQ opener. Crossing fingers!

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm pretty sure this truck is a Lariat, not a XLT. It has the Black section on the hood, thats part of the First Edition, only available on the Lariat option.

OP
OP
Brice

Brice

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
I'm pretty sure this truck is a Lariat, not a XLT. It has the Black section on the hood, thats part of the First Edition, only available on the Lariat option.
It is an XLT actually. There is no back striping on the hood, it’s a reflection of something.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very much so. You can disable it but you have to press the disable button every time you start the vehicle.
...'can't recall the manufacturer's details at the moment, but there's an outfit which already has a simple bypass out on the market. As I understand it, the device commits to the vehicle's memory your "preference" to disable the Auto Stop/Start system permanently. It costs about $100, is simple to install and remove so as to restore the vehicle to factory settings.
The company offers this technology for just about all Ford products.

It'll be the FIRST thing I add to mine.

I definitely plan to look into sound insulation for the hood.

Velocity Blue FX4 with the Ford cargo Cap...in gloss black, rather than body-color matched.
A hit, or a miss???

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If it's solid black it's probably not a first edition. First edition graphics should be a whole bunch of "First Edition" words close together to look almost solid black acvording to what I saw on Ford website.

Sponsored

Patrick G.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Exp. Sport Trac, 06 Suburban, 18 Explorer
Thanks for the info. I'm finally getting my hybrid next week & was hoping to take the back headrests off.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
where can I b
After 1,000 miles with my Maverick Saturday night, I wanted to share some honest thoughts. The options on the truck are: XLT with Lux, CoPilot 360, moonroof, spray-in bedliner, manual rear window, FX4, 4k tow, cab outlet, and all-weather floor mats. The good far outweighs the bad, but I’ll start with what’s not my favorite.

This was a dealer stock that I went to go test drive and just get a feel for it. At the time, there was only 1 Maverick within 100 miles of me and this was the one. It just so happened to be that it was almost the exact one I ordered. I ordered much of the same, but in a Lariat trim plus and minus some options. Still deciding on what to do with that one, now that it finally got scheduled 2 weeks ago...

What I am not as impressed with:

The engine is a bit “buzzy” and sort of loud – I get that it’s mainly due to the compression. I know there is no engine cover or hood insulation, but it’s still a little annoying. I’ve had an EcoBoost Fusion and it was nowhere near this noisy, but it did have an engine cover… I’ve seen the noise described as similar to the sound of a 2-stroke dirt bike and that’s the easiest way I could explain it.

The MPGs aren’t quite as good as I expected, though I’m sure they’ll improve as the vehicle gets broken in a little more. I am getting between 23-25 in the city and in SoCal traffic (80% of my driving) and 32 highway.

The touchscreen completely froze up on me about a week ago. Music was still playing as normal, but it was stuck on the same screen for a while. Turning off the vehicle and restarting did not work. On my break at work, I learned that pressing the “power on” button and the “fast forward” button simultaneously would do the trick. So, I went outside to try it, and it actually had reset itself and I never had to use this tactic. The screen has been fine ever since.

Another thing I noticed (and this could be because I haven’t fully read the manual yet) is that, when the phone is plugged into the USB for CarPlay, the radio can still play, but you cannot see the main home screen to see the station number unless you unplug the phone from the USB.

The transmission really likes to shift. It’s not harsh shifting, it just wants to shift – a lot.

The blind spots are very prominent, so the 360 monitoring in the mirror is really helpful.

The windshield is definitely small. The 360 pushes the rear view mirror down so it’s practically in the middle of the windshield, and when you bring the visor down, it really limits visibility.

Many of the things that have really impressed me (there are a lot more than what I've listed here):

The ride is super smooth and sporty. Some people have said the steering feels heavy, but I just don’t feel that way, though I am coming from a 2012 Edge… It feels sporty like a car, but firm like a truck or SUV.

The truck has tons of power and always wants to be on the move.

The Area 51 has impressed me a lot. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but I actually like it a lot. It seems to me that the paint color tries to mimic the sky – if it’s a sunny day, the paint is a lot lighter and bluer; if it’s cloudy or dark, the paint is darker and the gray comes through more. The blue in the sun is not as baby blue as pictures show.

I have not towed anything yet as I wanted to be sure it is properly broken in first.

The interior is very comfortable. There is plenty of room and the spaciousness was really well thought through by Ford.

Just looking at the truck, it does seem small, but when you sit inside, it feels a lot bigger than it looks from the outside.

Overall, I love the truck and I can tell Ford put a lot of thought into it. Here’s to hoping these trucks hold up the way they seem to so far. The hype is worth it!

1kmiles.jpg
int.jpg
rightside.jpg
uy the stubby antenna?

AndyCG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Currently, I have close to 1600 miles on my Lariat Hybrid. My mileage is close to 44mpg on "normal" mode - almost 500miles/tank. So far so good, I've had no problems that others have mentioned on this and other forums. I'm waiting on the Bak4 tonneau cover to arrive before I attempt to customize the bed of the truck. BTW, I ordered my Maverick 7/2021, it arrived 1/3/2022.
Sponsored