Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
The Maverick was built to be an economical/affordable vehicle so there are compromises. Lack of soft interior materials and sound deadening are two obvious traits of this cost cutting. Most new garages door openers are linked to an app or you can install Chamberlain’s MyQ system and open/close through the app on your Mavericks touchscreen. Paying basement price yet expecting Mercedes luxury…..
Yep. Just got MyQ about 3 months ago and keep forgetting I have it. Thanks for the reminder.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My thoughts on the mirror placement....this will be noticeable in any vehicle with a short, upright windshield, like pickup trucks. My Honda Element was similar, and my F150 as well. This will be exacerbated by the height of the driver. I'm 6'4", so it's always in my center field of view in any vehicle I drive, just a matter of how bad. Shorter guys who have never driven a truck, this might seem more noticeable. We tall guys are used to it. 🤠

I've also found the auto-dimming mirrors to be *less* dimming than the manual switch. I'm actually happy the Mav has the manual switch. :)

Looking forward to my first "test fit" next week, to get a feel for the Mav interior, as I've yet to sit in one.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally understand. I discovered the HomeLink button through someone else's post and thought I'd share. I'm on the fence with it. My wife's Lexus is the Garage Queen and it has HomeLink. My Maverick is banished to the outside Carport. I don't need a HomeLink to park there. So I'm not sure if I'll get it yet.

As for tint, if I go to town in the AM I'm looking at the sun rise. If I'm heading home after noon, I'm looking at the sun setting. So I really need it in the front more than the back. So I'll mostly let it ride and see how it goes. Definitely going to remove the back headrests for better visibility though.
Even worse - my Mav will be banished to the driveway except for accumulating snow!

GatorDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
No one else is noticing how his instrument panel display is bigger than other XLT’s?… his looks to be a lariat display but his truck is clearly an XLT

OP
OP
Brice

Brice

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
No one else is noticing how his instrument panel display is bigger than other XLT’s?… his looks to be a lariat display but his truck is clearly an XLT
The FX4 gets the screen like the Lariat.

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Hadn't seen one of those but for $149 you're only $50 away from the auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Every vehicle I've driven in the last 15 years has had window tint and the auto-dimming is still necessary (for me). I understand I can flip the switch on the bottom but...thats, not auto.

Just like you can press the button on your garage door opener instead of the homelink. It's not a need but a want.
True. It's one of those things I'm still on the fence about since I really could just put my garage door opener in the little cubby on the right of the infotainment and call it a day. Auto dim is also really nice, but not sure if it's worth the money and doing the installation yet.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 1,000 miles with my Maverick Saturday night, I wanted to share some honest thoughts. The options on the truck are: XLT with Lux, CoPilot 360, moonroof, spray-in bedliner, manual rear window, FX4, 4k tow, cab outlet, and all-weather floor mats. The good far outweighs the bad, but I’ll start with what’s not my favorite.

This was a dealer stock that I went to go test drive and just get a feel for it. At the time, there was only 1 Maverick within 100 miles of me and this was the one. It just so happened to be that it was almost the exact one I ordered. I ordered much of the same, but in a Lariat trim plus and minus some options. Still deciding on what to do with that one, now that it finally got scheduled 2 weeks ago...

What I am not as impressed with:

The engine is a bit “buzzy” and sort of loud – I get that it’s mainly due to the compression. I know there is no engine cover or hood insulation, but it’s still a little annoying. I’ve had an EcoBoost Fusion and it was nowhere near this noisy, but it did have an engine cover… I’ve seen the noise described as similar to the sound of a 2-stroke dirt bike and that’s the easiest way I could explain it.

The MPGs aren’t quite as good as I expected, though I’m sure they’ll improve as the vehicle gets broken in a little more. I am getting between 23-25 in the city and in SoCal traffic (80% of my driving) and 32 highway.

The touchscreen completely froze up on me about a week ago. Music was still playing as normal, but it was stuck on the same screen for a while. Turning off the vehicle and restarting did not work. On my break at work, I learned that pressing the “power on” button and the “fast forward” button simultaneously would do the trick. So, I went outside to try it, and it actually had reset itself and I never had to use this tactic. The screen has been fine ever since.

Another thing I noticed (and this could be because I haven’t fully read the manual yet) is that, when the phone is plugged into the USB for CarPlay, the radio can still play, but you cannot see the main home screen to see the station number unless you unplug the phone from the USB.

The transmission really likes to shift. It’s not harsh shifting, it just wants to shift – a lot.

The blind spots are very prominent, so the 360 monitoring in the mirror is really helpful.

The windshield is definitely small. The 360 pushes the rear view mirror down so it’s practically in the middle of the windshield, and when you bring the visor down, it really limits visibility.

Many of the things that have really impressed me (there are a lot more than what I've listed here):

The ride is super smooth and sporty. Some people have said the steering feels heavy, but I just don’t feel that way, though I am coming from a 2012 Edge… It feels sporty like a car, but firm like a truck or SUV.

The truck has tons of power and always wants to be on the move.

The Area 51 has impressed me a lot. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but I actually like it a lot. It seems to me that the paint color tries to mimic the sky – if it’s a sunny day, the paint is a lot lighter and bluer; if it’s cloudy or dark, the paint is darker and the gray comes through more. The blue in the sun is not as baby blue as pictures show.

I have not towed anything yet as I wanted to be sure it is properly broken in first.

The interior is very comfortable. There is plenty of room and the spaciousness was really well thought through by Ford.

Just looking at the truck, it does seem small, but when you sit inside, it feels a lot bigger than it looks from the outside.

Overall, I love the truck and I can tell Ford put a lot of thought into it. Here’s to hoping these trucks hold up the way they seem to so far. The hype is worth it!

1kmiles.jpg
int.jpg
rightside.jpg
I never thought to look during my test drive. Does the maverick have the annoying "Auto Off" feature?

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
I never thought to look during my test drive. Does the maverick have the annoying "Auto Off" feature?
Very much so. You can disable it but you have to press the disable button every time you start the vehicle.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Can't support this statement as I've only seen it in this forum posted by others.
All Fords have it now.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't support this statement as I've only seen it in this forum posted by others.
All Fords have it now.
Ford was offering an option for 2021 F-150s to to have it removed to build faster. The component chips for auto-start/stop must be particularly in short supply as Chevy was doing the same and supposedly a lot of the 'desert rot' Bronco Sports were waiting on it as well.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I can't imagine needing Auto-Dimming with such dark tint on the rear window. But that is what the little lever is for under the mirror.

As for the HomeLink, have you seen this?

I'm planning on installing this on the dash somewhere. It's battery operated so it should be easy.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-C2nhqRm2oFZ/p_220HLBP1/Gentex-GENHLBP1.html?awcr=76759699680738&awdv=c&awkw=Gentex GENHLBP1 battery powered HomeLink&awmt=e&awnw=s&awat=&awug=
Install it in the cubby next to the audio system!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True. It's one of those things I'm still on the fence about since I really could just put my garage door opener in the little cubby on the right of the infotainment and call it a day. Auto dim is also really nice, but not sure if it's worth the money and doing the installation yet.
I hear you. I'll probably start sooner than later and I'll have the things I can before the Maverick arrives but in order:

- Weathertech Floor Mats
- Tailgate assist
- Bed hook to replace one removed for above
- 20% ceramic tint on front windows
- Underbody rust protection
- Ceramic paint protection

I want the Yakima posts for the bed so I can mount my Skybox over the bed (and slightly on the cab) and if Ford ponies up and extra points I"ll probably snag those upon purchase.

Further down the wish list are Katzkin leather seats. With those would come heated seats.

And when the factory rubber wears down I want to find a set of black or dark gray wheels off a Mav or Ranger and then use the steelies for some snow tires.

Also if someone can use forscan to unlock the cruise control I will definitely buy new wheel buttons and hack away.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick was built to be an economical/affordable vehicle so there are compromises. Lack of soft interior materials and sound deadening are two obvious traits of this cost cutting. Most new garages door openers are linked to an app or you can install Chamberlain’s MyQ system and open/close through the app on your Mavericks touchscreen. Paying basement price yet expecting Mercedes luxury…..
Can you download Chamberlains app on sync3? I definitely want the auto-dimming but $200 goes a long way towards a new garage door opener....

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very much so. You can disable it but you have to press the disable button every time you start the vehicle.
Yep. Search the bronco forums though. There are vendors who make something to permanently disable it I believe.
Sponsored