First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD OR and 2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear about what happened to you . BOYCOT THE SLEAZE BAG DEALERSHIP, LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THE SHIT SHOW THAT THEY PUT ON
We need a list of all the Bad Ford dealers. We need to bombard all of them with negative reviews. Report them to our state attorney Generals, Federal Trade Commission, Ford complaint line, etc.
Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nathan, the first thing I would do is send an email and call the owner of the dealership. Also contact Ford's Assistant to CEO Farley and ask to speak to him or someone on the Board of Directors. This is exactly what Farley vowed to prevent so I am sure he can get you a replacement truck at msrp.

Check with your atty but IMO basic business law tells me the dealer's order form (Offer) + Your OK and DL# reserving the truck (Acceptance) = Contract.

A contract does not always need to be signed by both parties to be valid. For example, a seller has to honor the price on a single page Purchase Order when a business buys everything from inventory to fleet trucks.

Judges even use text messages as contract terms in a dispute. I bet a small claims judge would be interested to see your written msrp offer. The dealership owner won't want the bad publicity a court ruling against them will cause and they will probably settle before facing the judge.

If your order form at MSRP meant nothing it would be the BAIT. The dealer unilaterally making a one-sided decision on some random future price increase is the SWITCH. Think about it, if your signed order means nothing, then the dealer would not call you when your truck arrived and sell it to some sucker on the lot for even more than $5k ADM.

That ADM would have upgraded you to a loaded XLT. By paying $5k extra for an XL, that is like throwing 50 $100 bills out your window while driving down the hwy.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP states he has written proof of the agreed pricing, I asked for a copy in post #4. OP disappears which means he does not have written proof agreeing to the price.

I call BS on the thread. Prove me wrong...

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told I had to pick between the low interest rate and the price protection, so at the time I chose rate. Complaining after the fact got the GM to say "if Ford sends us price protection money for you, we will send it to you." That was 3 months ago. I console myself with the 1.9% for 60 month financing and the ridiculously low $325 doc fee they charged and the no other bs add ons.
The dealer was wrong. I got 0% for three years and they sent me the check for price protection. I bought my truck in NY by law $175 doc fee. In NY it prob at least $500.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer was wrong. I got 0% for three years and they sent me the check for price protection. I bought my truck in NY by law $175 doc fee. In NY it prob at least $500.
I'm aware. But short of suing the dealer I won't get my money. We already know that Ford Motor is no help with this. They should've just sent us the money directly or offered a special rebate instead of giving the money to the dealer, expecting them all to do the right thing.

Sponsored

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I should feel lucky that my dealer only stole my price protection money ($1300).
My dealer stole only my Farm Bureau rebate ($500) plus another $250.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP states he has written proof of the agreed pricing, I asked for a copy in post #4. OP disappears which means he does not have written proof agreeing to the price.

I call BS on the thread. Prove me wrong...

You call BS. Ok, good for you.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You call BS. Ok, good for you.
As I said, prove me wrong.... and I’ll admit I was wrong...

isn’t it interesting the OP disappeared? Others here post up their orders to back up their accusations and ask for assistance, wouldn’t you?

I don’t contest the OP may have been wronged, but he stated he had it in writing.. if it’s not in writing, it’s hearsay...

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I said, prove me wrong.... and I’ll admit I was wrong...

isn’t it interesting the OP disappeared? Others here post up their orders to back up their accusations and ask for assistance, wouldn’t you?

I don’t contest the OP may have been wronged, but he stated he had it in writing.. if it’s not in writing, it’s hearsay...

Disappeared...? This thread was only posted yesterday. Not everyone spends all day online at all, much less on MTC in particular.

They also didn't necessarily come here to discuss but rather make a complaint/warning to others...

Nothing wrong with being skeptical but not responding within a day does not make one suspicious.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, did you have a signed DORA for your order, and confirmation that your order was submitted for COVP? If so, it should specifically list the agreed upon price, and you should reach out to both Ford and the FTC with it!

Ford Maverick Another Maverick Customer Screwed by their Dealer Ford Maverick Order Confirm Blurred

Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Johnkn apparently fancies himself the forum police.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disappeared...? This thread was only posted yesterday. Not everyone spends all day online at all, much less on MTC in particular.

They also didn't necessarily come here to discuss but rather make a complaint/warning to others...

Nothing wrong with being skeptical but not responding within a day does not make one suspicious.
Just an honest question to you, if you were the OP and made that statement would you disappear? It’s been a day and a half....

I just find it very odd and contrary to human nature to make that post and then disappear...

What the OP suggests has unfortunately happenes too many times, and when people post proof they gain support and suggestions for a remedy....

Take care

Last edited:

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer stole only my Farm Bureau rebate ($500) plus another $250.
Did you follow up on the Farm Bureau rebate with your dealer? Mine had to file an exemption(after I called) with Ford because it was denied the first time. Something to do with the Price Protection and when I signed up for the Farm Bureau. I ordered my truck 7/15/2021, signed up for Farm Bureau January 2022, and purchased the truck in March 2022.

Eventually got the $500 rebate from Ford in the mail.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an honest question to you, if you were the OP and made that statement would you disappear? It’s been a day and a half....

I just find it very odd and contrary to human nature to make that post and then disappear...

What the OP suggests has unfortunately happenes too many times, and when people post proof they gain support and suggestions for a remedy....

Take care

If I posted something as a review/complaint, I might not be particularly interested in/concerned with following up to see if anyone responded to my review.. because I'd said what I was looking to say. 🤷

Not everyone is looking for sympathy or "support and suggestions for a remedy". Some people just want to complain, whether for valid reasons or otherwise.

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you follow up on the Farm Bureau rebate with your dealer? Mine had to file an exemption(after I called) with Ford because it was denied the first time. Something to do with the Price Protection and when I signed up for the Farm Bureau. I ordered my truck 7/15/2021, signed up for Farm Bureau January 2022, and purchased the truck in March 2022.

Eventually got the $500 rebate from Ford in the mail.
When I say stole, basically the salesman told me multiple times (because I asked 3 separate times while waiting for truck) that they do not add anything to the truck nor the price. Somehow, they conjured up roughly $780 in dealer BS like: paperwork prep for title, admin, and other garbage. When I asked what the fees were for explicitly (because I thought there was overlap) I was told "The fees are for buying it here." I was so damn mad I wanted to walk out, however, after 395 days of waiting, I though to myself F* it! So, when the order banks opened up again last year, I ordered form a different dealer who, in writing, said msrp, +$150 dealer fee +Tax.
Sponsored