Sponsored

Read for update! Getting screwed over by my dealer!

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the right thing would be for them to ..... but they are under no obligation to do so. ..... whether they will abide by the originally agreed-upon price or not.
Ain't that dealerships in a nutshell.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In one sense, I agree it could be an out right lie. In another business sense, in sales there is ALWAYS one more thing a salesmen could do to save you money but only offers it as they want leverage to finalize a sale. If someone can confirm that ALL custom orders automatically marks you in the system for price protection I'll fight for my money. But if it is NOT automatic and entirely a manual thing that the sales people have to a) know about and b) intentionally do in the system, the company can always claim ignorance or freely choose to not do it. I can't fight ignorance or laziness. I can fight deception if I know they did price protection and I know they are planning to pocket the rebate.

Yes, since there is no reason for them to not give me the rebate other than for them to pocket the money its highly likely its a lie. But I have no mechanism to prove it.
My understanding, and I am not a guru, is if they didn't get COVP it may not be protected. For sure, nope... We don't know because we can't see the dealer invoice.

Could the dealer fight Ford like hell if not protected? Sure. Some may even do that for goodwill and to be stand up. Others may say we have done enough take it or leave it. And some may do both and pocket the delta.

There is no good way to know where the dealer falls on this. To me, you escalate it up the chain with the dealer management. See if they have some tricks to get protection and want to pull them to help you out. But it is very unlikely the dealer will sell you old MSRP at new invoice price and eat the difference. So you need to be prepared to walk or pay because those are the most likely options.

xncrman

I must admit I did not read all the remarks here. But the Price Protection only covered the 2022 model year if the vehicle was made in 2022 and delivered in 2023. For ALL the 2022 rollover and like myself and others that had a December 2022 build date get cancelled, we were given a Private Offer amount off the 2023. This did not cover all the price increases. I just took delivery of my 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid and it did not cover all the price increases and also the lack of extras I had ordered back in 2021. So more money less items. ALL price protection and interest rates ended December 31 2022. Tim Bartz has been explaining this for a good 6 months... So I already knew what was coming.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I must admit I did not read all the remarks here. But the Price Protection only covered the 2022 model year if the vehicle was made in 2022 and delivered in 2023. For ALL the 2022 rollover and like myself and others that had a December 2022 build date get cancelled, we were given a Private Offer amount off the 2023. This did not cover all the price increases. I just took delivery of my 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid and it did not cover all the price increases and also the lack of extras I had ordered back in 2021. So more money less items. ALL price protection and interest rates ended December 31 2022. Tim Bartz has been explaining this for a good 6 months... So I already knew what was coming.
OP is talking about the $500 increase that happened February 1st. Orders that went in September were supposed to be protected if they went through the covp process.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For what it’s worth, we received and paid for our MY23 XLT on 2/06/2023, and the matter of the 2/01/2023 price increases never came up. (We were looking for it though, just in case.)

We paid the MSRP on the window sticker (generated at 12/01/2022 build), minus the private offer (which we had to work with the dealer to obtain because of an order entry glitch), and are expectng a $500 check from the dealer for our Farm Bureau reward. (Vanished off our order at the last mi.nute for some reason. Ford is sending it to dealer, dealer is then sending it to us.)

Anyway, just reporting that our dealer has been above-board with us,, even though they were not well imformed on dealing with our missing private transition offer.

Sponsored

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EDIT: After talking with them again and showing them what several of you suggested (the recent livestream and how they can verify that I’m price protected via FMCDealer Portal), they budged and said they’ll price protect me.
Good deal! It sucks customers have to do certain dealers jobs for them. But at least yours budged when shown.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks, I’m going to send exactly this to my dealer as well.
Any update?

EDIT: Ohh, I see you updated the first post. Good job sticking to your claim of Price Protection being a thing.

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most likely I will be in the same boat. I'm scheduled for 3/15. I can happily wait longer (infact that's slightly better for me to wait more). The Ford dealership I went to makes me hate Ford. I wish it wasn't the case. I have experienced them being scummy & shady in the past. I won't name them until they do it on this Maverick order. It was COVP. Hopefully instead I can give them a good shout-out. Jeep in 2019 was red carpet. They 100% catered to me. Window sticker has my name on it proclaiming who the Gladiator was made for.

Ford... wants their dealers to follow the instructions given. Fords intentions on what it expects dealers to do when it comes to price protection is spelled out clear as day in their dealer memos. [You] will file for price protection, I guarantee it. [You] just won't pass the savings on to [the customer].
If I state this talking point to my local dealership, it may help ^ it's the right positioning & I should not get pushed over. I'll also print out the price protection info & write the system

Does anyone know if contacting Ford directly about your order can shine a light on whether your dealer setup price protection in the system?
My other idea is to contact Ford support for any reassurance or enforcement on the dealership. Is it possible?

@KdeB I too hope the price increase does not come up. I hope you get your reimbursement from the farm bureau.

Ford is screwing all of us though. When they increase the MSRP on the window sticker it will cost us all more on registration+excise taxes.

🤞 Dealership does not complain about a student discount too.

Last edited:

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At least it’s only $500 🤷‍♂️ dealers have screwed others for more
It's not about $500.
Ford, the dealerships (ALL manufacturers, Samsung, Google, Apple ect.) are always testing what they can get away with. If people let them stick the tip in they're going to keep going. If we stand up and say no dicking around then Ford will have to respect their customers, and serve the customers not the dealerships.

You have far more power than you know when you act collectively.

Springman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
unfortunately, I did show them that when I talked to them and no budging. Is there a link to where that screenshot originated from? Perhaps a link would help better than just the screenshot I provided.
Hey Doc, I am new on this site so not yet sure if I am navigating correctly. Please let us know who this dealer is.

Sponsored

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not about $500.
Ford, the dealerships (ALL manufacturers, Samsung, Google, Apple ect.) are always testing what they can get away with. If people let them stick the tip in they're going to keep going. If we stand up and say no dicking around then Ford will have to respect their customers, and serve the customers not the dealerships.

You have far more power than you know when you act collectively.
Some people have waited a long time and not able to sacrifice the truck. The ball is in their court. They can just sell it at markup. Don’t think ford will save you when dealers go bad. $500 is less than the ‘tip’. If it were me- I wld take the truck, give them a negative review and never deal with them again. This is the cheapest truck available and some need a vehicle. Sometimes u have to pick ur battles.

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well my build is next week and if they add $500 wont budge I have a 22 maverick already so will see if my dealer tries to add on $500 when it arrives ill just say no and get my $500 deposit back and leave

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well my build is next week and if they add $500 wont budge I have a 22 maverick already so will see if my dealer tries to add on $500 when it arrives ill just say no and get my $500 deposit back and leave
Or you could buy it and flip it to carvana and make $$$.
Letting them have it to sell at a markup is an FU, but actually to yourself.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should watch theFordvideoguy videos and streaming podcasts. He goes over price protection, the rules and limitations explaining not all dealers know how it works nor do some customers.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most likely I will be in the same boat. I'm scheduled for 3/15. I can happily wait longer (infact that's slightly better for me to wait more). The Ford dealership I went to makes me hate Ford. I wish it wasn't the case. I have experienced them being scummy & shady in the past. I won't name them until they do it on this Maverick order. It was COVP. Hopefully instead I can give them a good shout-out. Jeep in 2019 was red carpet. They 100% catered to me. Window sticker has my name on it proclaiming who the Gladiator was made for.

If I state this talking point to my local dealership, it may help ^ it's the right positioning & I should not get pushed over. I'll also print out the price protection info & write the system

My other idea is to contact Ford support for any reassurance or enforcement on the dealership. Is it possible?

@KdeB I too hope the price increase does not come up. I hope you get your reimbursement from the farm bureau.

Ford is screwing all of us though. When they increase the MSRP on the window sticker it will cost us all more on registration+excise taxes.

🤞 Dealership does not complain about a student discount too.
I ordered a 2019 Wrangler and wrote the pricing, ordering, production, transportation and delivery guide for the Wrangler Forum. There were many, many people on the forum saying all the things that people on this forum are saying, just like on every other car forum.
I had problems getting mine out of 'approved for production, not scheduled' status. I did some research and determined how to resolve it - I sent an email to the president of Jeep asking why. Early next morning I received a call from an EVP saying he had my order into production, it would be finished by the end of the day, he would give it expedited shipping. He kept me informed of status and called me at 6:00 in the morning to say it was just unloaded from the delivery truck.

So for those not happy with their order progress there are three options - wait patiently, give up or call Farley and ask him what's going on. With the Lightning problem, stock losses, people saying Ford is going out of business he would probably like to have an easier problem to solve.
Sponsored