James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please avoid doing business with St Helens Ford in Warren

My wife and I custom ordered a Ford Maverick in October of 2021 and received verbal and written assurance that the vehicle would be sold to us at MSRP, and made a $500 deposit for our order.

Now 15 months later our Maverick has finally been built and is at the dealership to pick up. BUT St Helens Ford will not honor their word and demanded we pay $5,000 over MSRP to take our vehicle home.
We refused to pay over the agreed upon price when we ordered the vehicle and walked away.
Unfortunately St Helens Ford is showing themselves to be one of those car dealers that lacks honesty and integrity, please avoid doing business with them.

@Ford Motor Company please do something about your dishonest dealers.

94A11DBE-A8CA-4B84-B274-87DE6931E03C.jpeg
Written agreement and deposit sounds like easy court win.
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's CEO has stated he wants to eliminate dealer sales because of dealers marking up certain vehicles but state franchise laws prohibit it also not allowing the manufacturer to tell the dealer what price it can be sold, that's why the S is Suggested. Each state has laws to protect the dealers that live in their states not the manufacturer so the customer is the one screwed.
For their EV division they have ceated two levels of requirements if Ford dealers want to sell them, including the dealer paying a fee, extended training and free customer charging stations at the dealership. They will also monitor dealer transactions and can reduce allocations for questionable dealers.
If the OP ordered for a MY but it wasn't built until the next MY the dealer is entitled to pass that price along to the customer plus any mid-year manufacturer price increases. Each state is different on contract law but generally someone signing a preliminary order sheet usually doesn't bind them to that price. A full, written contract can if provisions are clear.