Sponsored

Read for update! Getting screwed over by my dealer!

AmateurDoc

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, just got off the phone with my dealer. They told me that I am 100% liable for the $500 MY23 Maverick price increase that was set in place on the 1st of the month. My vehicle got scheduled 01/12 for a production date of 02/10, although production started early and my window sticker “coincidently” became available on 02/01 and includes the $500 price increase.

I have a DORA/signed buyers order sheet with the “out the door price” listed but according to my dealer that isn’t enough and doesn’t provide price protection. When I placed my order in September the day the ordering banks opened, I requested they submit COVP for the order, and I thought that I was good since they scanned my ID and told me it was submitted. Although if I’m not price protected, I’m guessing they never submitted COVP. This is just a really crappy situation, especially after Ford stating that COVP was not required back in September. Any tips/suggestions? Or am I screwed here regarding this price increase?

If it matters, this was my first time ordering and I ordered an EB XLT with only addition being a trailer hitch.

EDIT: After talking with them again and showing them what several of you suggested (the recent livestream and how they can verify that I’m price protected via FMCDealer Portal), they budged and said they’ll price protect me. So there is hope if your dealer initially tells you that you aren’t price protected. That being said, i feel bad for the large number of people who will undoubtedly not know any better and get ripped off, even if it is only $500. Thanks everyone for the tips!
Sponsored

Last edited:

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another shady/uninformed dealer. Tim Bartz literally did a live stream just last night that talked about this.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, just got off the phone with my dealer. They told me that I am 100% liable for the $500 MY23 Maverick price increase that was set in place on the 1st of the month. My vehicle got scheduled 01/12 for a production date of 02/10, although production started early and my window sticker “coincidently” became available on 02/01 and includes the $500 price increase.

I have a DORA/signed buyers order sheet with the “out the door price” listed but according to my dealer that isn’t enough and doesn’t provide price protection. When I placed my order in September the day the ordering banks opened, I requested they submit COVP for the order, and I thought that I was good since they scanned my ID and told me it was submitted. Although if I’m not price protected, I’m guessing they never submitted COVP. This is just a really crappy situation, especially after Ford stating that COVP was not required back in September. Any tips/suggestions? Or am I screwed here regarding this price increase?

If it matters, this was my first time ordering and I ordered an EB XLT with only addition being a trailer hitch.
Show them this....

Ford Maverick Read for update! Getting screwed over by my dealer! Ford_PriceProtection

OP
OP

AmateurDoc

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another shady/uninformed dealer. Tim Bartz literally did a live stream just last night that talked about this.
Can you share that livestream? I’ll send it to my dealer and see if that does anything. Thanks!

OP
OP

AmateurDoc

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Show them this....

Ford_PriceProtection.jpg
unfortunately, I did show them that when I talked to them and no budging. Is there a link to where that screenshot originated from? Perhaps a link would help better than just the screenshot I provided.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you share that livestream? I’ll send it to my dealer and see if that does anything. Thanks!
December 2021:

March of 2022:

April 2022:

All still apply, even though those were in reference to the 2022 model year.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they didn't submit COVP I don't think there is anything you can do.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
unfortunately, I did show them that when I talked to them and no budging. Is there a link to where that screenshot originated from? Perhaps a link would help better than just the screenshot I provided.
Episode 35, linked in other post I made. Starting at minute 31 in the video. Here is a link that starts the video precisely at that time.

And it "came" from Ford. So if the dealer is like "where did this come from", tell them it came from the "FMCDealer Portal". They will know what FMCDealer is.

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least it’s only $500 🤷‍♂️ dealers have screwed others for more

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try not to fall victim to “it’s only $500 more”

Before I picked up my mav, I was shown an update price of almost +2k (ordered at 19995). I went in to get my maverick with original paperwork and talked for awhile while calling fords 1800 customer service number. They caved after some angry words. If possible, fight it! Best luck to you

OP
OP

AmateurDoc

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Episode 35, linked in other post I made. Starting at minute 31 in the video. Here is a link that starts the video precisely at that time.

And it "came" from Ford. So if the dealer is like "where did this come from", tell them it came from the "FMCDealer Portal". They will know what FMCDealer is.
thank you, I appreciate this. I’m going to talk again with them tomorrow regarding this. My hope is that they are unknowledgeable on the topic and not blatantly trying to take advantage of me.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Perhaps sharing the name of your dealer would be helpful. I’d love to call them and ask why they don’t price protect their customers!

OP
OP

AmateurDoc

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps sharing the name of your dealer would be helpful. I’d love to call them and ask why they don’t price protect their customers!
Rich Ford in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Also, I’ll be sure to update this if they backtrack and end up honoring price protection. If this post is not updated, then they still are not honoring the price protection.

edit for anyone who didn’t see the edit in my original post, they have now agreed to offer price protection and so I don’t want to give them a bad name.
Also, I’ll be sure to update this if they backtrack and end up honoring price protection. If this post is not updated, then they still are not honoring the price protection.

Last edited: