Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XL Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please avoid doing business with St Helens Ford in Warren

My wife and I custom ordered a Ford Maverick in October of 2021 and received verbal and written assurance that the vehicle would be sold to us at MSRP, and made a $500 deposit for our order.

Now 15 months later our Maverick has finally been built and is at the dealership to pick up. BUT St Helens Ford will not honor their word and demanded we pay $5,000 over MSRP to take our vehicle home.
We refused to pay over the agreed upon price when we ordered the vehicle and walked away.
Unfortunately St Helens Ford is showing themselves to be one of those car dealers that lacks honesty and integrity, please avoid doing business with them.

@Ford Motor Company please do something about your dishonest dealers.

Ford Maverick Another Maverick Customer Screwed by their Dealer 94A11DBE-A8CA-4B84-B274-87DE6931E03C
Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ouch! I recall something about contacting Ford on this via Instagram and hopefully Ford will take action.

Mighty Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD OR and 2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My wife and I custom ordered a Ford Maverick in October of 2021 and received verbal and written assurance that the vehicle would be sold to us at MSRP, and made a $500 deposit for our order.

Now 15 months later our Maverick has finally been built and is at the dealership to pick up. BUT St Helens Ford will not honor their word and demanded we pay $5,000 over MSRP to take our vehicle home.
We refused to pay over the agreed upon price when we ordered the vehicle and walked away.
Unfortunately St Helens Ford is showing themselves to be one of those car dealers that lacks honesty and integrity, please avoid doing business with them.

94A11DBE-A8CA-4B84-B274-87DE6931E03C.jpeg
Mavericks are nice...........but they are not $5K over MSRP nice. Never, ever do business with these price gouging Ford dealers.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, please post up the written proof.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I take it this is Warren, Oregon? It helps to know the state when commenting on a dealer. I saw Warren and thought of Warren, ME.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I should feel lucky that my dealer only stole my price protection money ($1300).

Fryguy66

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Nissan Titan, '13 Subaru Outback
Engine
Undecided
That sucks to hear that. I lived in St. Helens 97 -04, bought two new trucks from them, and they were great to deal with. Is Dino still the owner / sales manager?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The FTC needs to add this type stuff to the proposed new rules. File a Report to the FTC

(Info below is from an online article) https://www.automoblog.net/ftc-car-dealer-regulations/

What the New FTC Regulations Could Mean For Car Buyers

If the proposed regulations become actual regulations, car buyers will likely have much more information about their purchase easily available. This could translate into buyers being able to make more informed decisions about their purchases, as well as understanding more of what they are being charged for. Overall, the new regulations should result in buyers having increased agency over the process.

That doesn’t mean that car buyers can afford to let their guards down — the new rules haven’t taken effect just yet. Once the new regulations are in place, exactly how they are enforced will be the next important question.

Even before new regulations take effect, you can still reach out to the FTC if you feel you’ve been a victim of deceptive practices at a car dealership. The organization has a form you can use to file a complaint or report fraud online.

Report Fraud: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Report Price Gouging: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/form/main

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious about what the 'official' FORD position is on dealers who agree to MSRP and then tack on ADM's for special orders. Any of the 'real' FORD people here on the forum (dealers, corporate) willing to tell us what the policy is on this?

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

So that $5000 seems like a good deal from them. They have a Lightning for $10000 over MSRP.

Sorry you found another lousy dealer. They aren't all bad, but MTC is a great source to root out the greedy dealers.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sorry to hear about this. It's gotta be very, very disappointing.
They should be ashamed of themselves.

You say that "St Helens Ford will not honor their word".
Was this just a handshake deal? Did you have something (anything) in writing that says you would be buying at MSRP?

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can attest to this dishonesty at St.Helens Ford as a former customer in 2021. Those guys are as sleazy as they come. Never trust a Ford dealer that does business out of the Dodge/Jeep building next door. All the mangers are in the Ford building and negotiating takes place next door among the new Dodges in the middle of the sales floor. Too long of a story to explain my experience but I would never do business with them again.