First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to aggressively and kindly advocate for your order. Dealer, Ford Tracker, etc. Take names and make friends. Especially with the dealer management.
Sponsored

atldump

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you not get the details via email when it was schduled for production ?

Jaackil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw and reviewed the window sticker, which was in the glove box. That is what gave it away to me, and I matched up the VIN they said was ordered to the sticker. The dealership agreed that it was not the truck I ordered when I showed them the original order.
There is more to this story. Ford should have emailed you a copy of your window sticker and VIN when it went to build. Something is missing here.

Mav1968!

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Call Ford with your sales code and order code and ask for your VIN. It should match the VIN on the truck the Stealership claims is yours.
800 334-4375

You have to be very proactive when you order a vehicle, or many dealers will take advantage of you.
I think I am one of those people… can u tell me How to contact Ford? I’m uneducated in these matters, and unfortunately trusted my dealership which I’m now realizing was a mistake.

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They are about to submit the order and they sent something over for me to sign. But, there are some items on my previous order that are no longer available in the XLT package - they are either in the XLT Luxury or the Lariat. So, addition by subtraction = satisfying rectification?
I smell a ‘24 with price protection…if I were you I would work that angle with Customer Service, unless you have a dealer that knows what they are doing and are customer oriented. (Here come the critics)

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Monday morning quarterback talk here, but maybe you should have just taken what they ordered you to prevent THEM from making the $5k over sticker, and then ordered what you intended to order from them.....somewhere else, especially if they didn't make your new order a priority. Chances are since you are ordering an ecoboost unit it would still make 2024 order, and you could possibly make the $5K over sticker on the "misbuilt" truck, or at least close to sticker when it came in.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about your order.

I swear our culture can’t find their way out of a paper bag anymore.
Not sure how much is laziness and how much is stupidity.

The bad thing is that the person(s) responsible for this cannot be held to account, too many people involved in processes now, and even then, they would just deny it.
It's possible that every change made to the order has some internal notation as to who initiated the change and the date - ask Ford for the detailed history of the order and see where the changes were made and by who.

Gray Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is it possible to wait almost 600 days for a 2.0 EB Maverick?
Sponsored

Last edited: