Sponsored

Read for update! Getting screwed over by my dealer!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thank you, I appreciate this. I’m going to talk again with them tomorrow regarding this. My hope is that they are unknowledgeable on the topic and not blatantly trying to take advantage of me.
Gently remind them that Price Protection has been around for over a decade. On multiple models. This isn't a Maverick specific thing.....
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nomoretaco

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if this applies to 22 carryover orders? Ordered 10/2021, pickup is next week... I am told the private offer is in place.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, just got off the phone with my dealer. They told me that I am 100% liable for the $500 MY23 Maverick price increase that was set in place on the 1st of the month. My vehicle got scheduled 01/12 for a production date of 02/10, although production started early and my window sticker “coincidently” became available on 02/01 and includes the $500 price increase.

I have a DORA/signed buyers order sheet with the “out the door price” listed but according to my dealer that isn’t enough and doesn’t provide price protection. When I placed my order in September the day the ordering banks opened, I requested they submit COVP for the order, and I thought that I was good since they scanned my ID and told me it was submitted. Although if I’m not price protected, I’m guessing they never submitted COVP. This is just a really crappy situation, especially after Ford stating that COVP was not required back in September. Any tips/suggestions? Or am I screwed here regarding this price increase?

If it matters, this was my first time ordering and I ordered an EB XLT with only addition being a trailer hitch.
Ford did say that COVP was "optional" for 2023... meaning that it wasn't a requirement for scheduling. Ford said that it was recommended, and that price protection would be linked to it.

Price protection is for the dealer. It is the dealer's invoice cost that is protected. If the vehicle was not approved through COVP, than I don't think the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford. (Ford doesn't make it easy to determine exactly what price protection will be).

The dealer should have done COVP, and the right thing would be for them to honor the original MSRP anyway, but they are under no obligation to do so. It is really up to the dealer whether they will abide by the originally agreed-upon price or not. We have seem many example on MTC of dealers not willing to stick to that price. (But there are also numerous examples on here of dealers keeping their word and charging the agreed-upon price with no hassle at all).

If they did submit the COVP and it was approved, they will probably be reimbursed for the difference in invoice prices, and in that case, they may be trying to get that amount twice!

earlyhike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, just got off the phone with my dealer. They told me that I am 100% liable for the $500 MY23 Maverick price increase that was set in place on the 1st of the month. My vehicle got scheduled 01/12 for a production date of 02/10, although production started early and my window sticker “coincidently” became available on 02/01 and includes the $500 price increase.

I have a DORA/signed buyers order sheet with the “out the door price” listed but according to my dealer that isn’t enough and doesn’t provide price protection. When I placed my order in September the day the ordering banks opened, I requested they submit COVP for the order, and I thought that I was good since they scanned my ID and told me it was submitted. Although if I’m not price protected, I’m guessing they never submitted COVP. This is just a really crappy situation, especially after Ford stating that COVP was not required back in September. Any tips/suggestions? Or am I screwed here regarding this price increase?

If it matters, this was my first time ordering and I ordered an EB XLT with only addition being a trailer hitch.
Doing COVP does not guarantee price protection.
When I did my order in September I made sure they did COVP and they did. But they also made it clear, the numbers they gave me are exactly what I would pay UNLESS there was a manufacturer price increase. They said they could do nothing about potential manufacturer price increases. They verified there would be no other charges but specifically said I would pay sticker price. They said there was nothing they could do otherwise.

Price protection, though an option in their system, is a voluntary offering from one dealer to the next. They don't have to offer it. I didn't know better to push for it when the order was made but even if I did they had no mandate on them to offer/provide it. Why they wouldn't, I don't know but I missed the chance to try.

But if you didn't specifically discuss price protection during the original order, and they didn't automatically do it when the order was made there is nothing you can do about it now. They never had to give it.

Fastfoord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Episode 35, linked in other post I made. Starting at minute 31 in the video. Here is a link that starts the video precisely at that time.

And it "came" from Ford. So if the dealer is like "where did this come from", tell them it came from the "FMCDealer Portal". They will know what FMCDealer is.
Following

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They said they could do nothing about potential manufacturer price increases.
Bold. Faced. Lie.

Price protection, though an option in their system, is a voluntary offering from one dealer to the next.
Again basically another lie. Ford or any other manufacturer for that matter wants their dealers to follow the instructions given. It may not be a hard-and-fast rule but Fords intentions on what it expects dealers to do when it comes to price protection is spelled out clear as day in their dealer memos. It's just another cash grab, this dealer of yours will file for price protection, I guarantee it. They just won't pass the savings on to you.

earlyhike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bold. Faced. Lie.

Again basically another lie. Ford or any other manufacturer for that matter wants their dealers to follow the instructions given. It may not be a hard-and-fast rule but Fords intentions on what it expects dealers to do when it comes to price protection is spelled out clear as day in their dealer memos. It's just another cash grab, this dealer of yours will file for price protection, I guarantee it. They just won't pass the savings on to you.
In one sense, I agree it could be an out right lie. In another business sense, in sales there is ALWAYS one more thing a salesmen could do to save you money but only offers it as they want leverage to finalize a sale. If someone can confirm that ALL custom orders automatically marks you in the system for price protection I'll fight for my money. But if it is NOT automatic and entirely a manual thing that the sales people have to a) know about and b) intentionally do in the system, the company can always claim ignorance or freely choose to not do it. I can't fight ignorance or laziness. I can fight deception if I know they did price protection and I know they are planning to pocket the rebate.

Yes, since there is no reason for them to not give me the rebate other than for them to pocket the money its highly likely its a lie. But I have no mechanism to prove it.

earlyhike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone know if contacting Ford directly about your order can shine a light on whether your dealer setup price protection in the system?
Sponsored