Sponsored

An article on the brake recall for towing.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ddhill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI - Several months ago, was told the 4k towing recall was "on hold" due to issues with the display (as in the gain adjustment would no longer show).

Late last week, I checked again, and they said it was 'off hold' and they could now order the part needed (used to be just a software update).

Now scheduled to get it in to be fixed. fingers crossed they have it right this time :cool:

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI - Several months ago, was told the 4k towing recall was "on hold" due to issues with the display (as in the gain adjustment would no longer show).

Late last week, I checked again, and they said it was 'off hold' and they could now order the part needed (used to be just a software update).

Now scheduled to get it in to be fixed. fingers crossed they have it right this time :cool:
What part was ordered to fix the brake issue? For my Maverick, a software update was applied but no part was installed...

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What part was ordered to fix the brake issue? For my Maverick, a software update was applied but no part was installed...
same for me, dealer did a software patch on the instrument cluster and everything is good to go

ddhill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I talked to the service tech - I explicitly asked if it was a software only (because of the part mentioned, and yes I originally thought it was s/w only). She said there was indeed a part that had just arrived and was ready for install. So... will ask about it again when I take it in next Tuesday and report back.