NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
imports that are cheaper have ceramic pads, so you cant really say because of the price. they are $5 more at a parts store. and with fords buying power they would probably be the same price as cheap metallic pads.
I don't think you fully understand what great lengths Ford went to in order to save pennies on just about every single component on this. Telling a bean counter "it's only two dollars more for a superior brake pad" would only get you laughed at. Their job is to save whatever they can on every component possible while still maintaining a minimum performance and reliability standard for the vehicle. Also, you fail to recognize that the shit metallic pads also come at a similar discount due to buying power so there's still production savings. Savings on all the components combined add up to more profit. Comparing to some import companies is useless. It's a Ford. Is this your first Ford? Welcome to corporate America. I live here.
Sponsored

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think you fully understand what great lengths Ford went to in order to save pennies on just about every single component on this. Telling a bean counter "it's only two dollars more for a superior brake pad" would only get you laughed at. Their job is to save whatever they can on every component possible while still maintaining a minimum performance and reliability standard for the vehicle. Also, you fail to recognize that the shit metallic pads also come at a similar discount due to buying power so there's still production savings. Savings on all the components combined add up to more profit. Comparing to some import companies is useless. It's a Ford. Is this your first Ford? Welcome to corporate America. I live here.
yep, first ford. so far its love hate. i came from toyotas and hondas. if toyota or honda made a little ute i would have got one. the ridgeline isnt ute in my opinion. my 2nd mav will be instantly switched to ceramic pads. i HATE brake dust and squeals.

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wandering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes rubbing when breaking or driving slow? I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. They said the breaks were skipping. They ended up changing the pads and rotors and a week later the rubbing noise started again. I plan on taking the maverick back to the dealership in hopes this problem can be solved. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Just found out my caliper was warped which caused the same to newly installed rotor. Being corrected now with a 2 day wait.
Before this I had your same issues.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6849

thank you Vinnyc123 for your reply. I didnt even think about the brake calipers warping. man I hope this solves the problem. this is good info to know thanks again! Cheers!

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thank you Vinnyc123 for your reply. I didnt even think about the brake calipers warping. man I hope this solves the problem. this is good info to know thanks again! Cheers!
Well after all that was done 3 days later the squeaking returned, going to call and schedule service on Monday. Will keep you informed.

Sponsored

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wandering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes rubbing when breaking or driving slow? I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. They said the breaks were skipping. They ended up changing the pads and rotors and a week later the rubbing noise started again. I plan on taking the maverick back to the dealership in hopes this problem can be solved. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Having the same issue, did you get yours resolved?

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI, ceramic pads are not considered a premium feature vs semi-metallic. Most European cars have semi-metallic. Most Japanese cars have ceramic. It is a design choice. Semi-metallic has better initial grab when cold, thus providing better safety and faster braking in many situations. Ceramic pads create less dust, but also are slower to grab initially. It's a trade off, not a penny pinching factor. When you price them, they are often the same price.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6849

Having the same issue, did you get yours resolved?
Hi Vinny, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing brake problems. I was hoping the brake caliper would be the solution. I went back to the dealership and the master tech could not figure out what was wrong. I also took the truck in for the compliance recall notice 22C24/NHTSA Recall 22V730. Hoping this would solve the pads from excessive contact on the rotors, And was told they could not do the software update because I had no error code on my truck. Which I call BS! But anyways, I had to pay for repairs and two weeks later the rotors were glazed again. With Ford and the dealership not being able to resolve the problem, I am on my own now with resolving the brake issue. So I did the following. Replace Rotors and pads, I drove in normal mode (no more eco mode), I deactivated the active breaking everytime I drove the truck and I gapped the pads when deactivating the service mode with a .010" shim hoping this would give a little more air gap between the pads and rotors because I was suspicious of the active breaking. about two weeks later I started to hear a light rubbing sound and I inspected the rotors and noticed they started to get glazed again. So I started thinking there could possibly be a mechanical failure down by the wheels. There is a simple test that can be done to determine whether the caliper is bad or the brake hose is bad, as of this message I have not done it yet. I started thinking about it, surely both calipers cant be bad and or both brake hoses to the calipers cant be bad. So I am currently researching for causes (before the calipers and brake hoses) that may cause a rubbing noise, grinding noise, due to glazed rotors. Maybe there is a bad seal in the brake master cylinder? Thats where I am researching next. Vinny I hope we can get our trucks repaired. I will keep you informed. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! 🤞

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Vinny, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing brake problems. I was hoping the brake caliper would be the solution. I went back to the dealership and the master tech could not figure out what was wrong. I also took the truck in for the compliance recall notice 22C24/NHTSA Recall 22V730. Hoping this would solve the pads from excessive contact on the rotors, And was told they could not do the software update because I had no error code on my truck. Which I call BS! But anyways, I had to pay for repairs and two weeks later the rotors were glazed again. With Ford and the dealership not being able to resolve the problem, I am on my own now with resolving the brake issue. So I did the following. Replace Rotors and pads, I drove in normal mode (no more eco mode), I deactivated the active breaking everytime I drove the truck and I gapped the pads when deactivating the service mode with a .010" shim hoping this would give a little more air gap between the pads and rotors because I was suspicious of the active breaking. about two weeks later I started to hear a light rubbing sound and I inspected the rotors and noticed they started to get glazed again. So I started thinking there could possibly be a mechanical failure down by the wheels. There is a simple test that can be done to determine whether the caliper is bad or the brake hose is bad, as of this message I have not done it yet. I started thinking about it, surely both calipers cant be bad and or both brake hoses to the calipers cant be bad. So I am currently researching for causes (before the calipers and brake hoses) that may cause a rubbing noise, grinding noise, due to glazed rotors. Maybe there is a bad seal in the brake master cylinder? Thats where I am researching next. Vinny I hope we can get our trucks repaired. I will keep you informed. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! 🤞
Wow, can't tell you how much I appreciate all this information it really helps, I have less then 5000 miles on my 22 XLT and hopeful it's under warranty. I've had this issue from day 1 . I'll keep you informed also. Thanks again.

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi I had all of above then some, it's posted somewhere around here 😀
Now I'm told it's because of a bad wheel bearing and there back ordered. When replaced will let you know if corrected.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 6849

Thank you Vinny! I did the test to determine if the the brake hoses are bad or the caliper is bad. The hoses are good. The caliper on the front passenger side is sticking. I have decided to go ahead and replace the caliper (even though you had that done already) and then see what happens. As for the bad wheel bearing, what side is it on? Driver or passenger? Thanks again Vinny, I will continue to keep you posted. ✌

Vinnyc123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you Vinny! I did the test to determine if the the brake hoses are bad or the caliper is bad. The hoses are good. The caliper on the front passenger side is sticking. I have decided to go ahead and replace the caliper (even though you had that done already) and then see what happens. As for the bad wheel bearing, what side is it on? Driver or passenger? Thanks again Vinny, I will continue to keep you posted. ✌
Quartzeagle
I Didn't think to ask 😀, I was just happy the problem wasn't my imagination! I'll let you know,
Vinny

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if yours has metallic or semi metallic BRAKE pads. toss them. get ceramic pads. metallic pads will screech when cold or moist. why ford had to be THAT cheap is beyond me. imports have had factory ceramic pads since the 80s.
This is not remotely true for all brands. MANY cars still use metallic pads at price points way above the Mavericks. Not all cars have brake squeak, but the many will at some point. Especially cold squeak under light pedal application.

Luckily my Eco FX4, 4K has not had the brake issue the OP describes and I am at 7K miles now. The symptom description is not great though.