Haveuseen1?

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT/FX4/4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is at the dealer and on hold. EB,4K,FX4.LUX. Build date 9/29. Dealer said due to brake light issue. They expect the solution from Ford sometime in the 4th quarter of 2022. I guess we only have 2 more months or less. The wait is almost over.
Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I didnt read every post but it seems like if it doesnt affect trucks built after sept 5 then they already have the solution, not sure what they are waiting for?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I didnt read every post but it seems like if it doesnt affect trucks built after sept 5 then they already have the solution, not sure what they are waiting for?
That thought has crossed my mind too. If that is the case, then they have that updated software somewhere LOL. The only other option -- which is highly unlikely -- is that they stopped building 4K tow w/o ACC trucks. But I highly doubt that.

Cletus L

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is at the dealer and on hold. EB,4K,FX4.LUX. Build date 9/29. Dealer said due to brake light issue. They expect the solution from Ford sometime in the 4th quarter of 2022. I guess we only have 2 more months or less. The wait is almost over.
I have the same build. Built on 6/30 ..sat at plant until Oct.25, sitting in kansas On 10/31 and yes. On delivery hold until recal 22c24 is remedie.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody hear anything new from their dealer or Ford?

Sponsored

ZMav77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zeni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10 months of waiting and all I can do is drive up and touch the hood. If @Ford is watching this thread...maybe treat all of us "Hold at Dealer" screwed folks with a free accessory?

I'd even be happy with a hat or coffee mug?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10 months of waiting and all I can do is drive up and touch the hood. If @Ford is watching this thread...maybe treat all of us "Hold at Dealer" screwed folks with a free accessory?

I'd even be happy with a hat or coffee mug?
Yes, disappointing for there to be another delay. I'm in the same boat as you, can pretty much only just look at it LOL. A mug or a Maverick t-shirt would be a nice consolation for now.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For you guys with the brake light hold does your truck show up when your VIN used on recall website? I have a XLT 4k and it should be delivered this week but didn't see it listed for the 22c24 recall but maybe I will also wait when it gets to the IA.

radmavxlt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckless
So I was able to take my truck home from the dealer yesterday. Somehow the recall became a non-issue? Not sure, all I know is I couldn't take it home and then all of a sudden the dealer calls and says come and get it. For those of you in the same situation, you may want to call your dealer and see if 22C24 still applies to your truck.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For you guys with the brake light hold does your truck show up when your VIN used on recall website? I have a XLT 4k and it should be delivered this week but didn't see it listed for the 22c24 recall but maybe I will also wait when it gets to the IA.
I''m curious about this too. My Maverick is in production this week and running my VIN on the recall webpage shows no issues.

Sponsored

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
I’m in the 4k no ACC group as well, being built this week. Wonder if this will affect me.

Don’t understand why they can’t just tell the customer to set the gain lower than .5 until fixed? Could at least get the trucks in customer hands that way, or simply have the dealer pull the trailer brake fuse if that’s possible?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I've checked numerous times and it doesn't show on Ford's site or NHTSA.

So I was able to take my truck home from the dealer yesterday. Somehow the recall became a non-issue? Not sure, all I know is I couldn't take it home and then all of a sudden the dealer calls and says come and get it. For those of you in the same situation, you may want to call your dealer and see if 22C24 still applies to your truck.
Interesting! I'll have to call them and see. Any specifics on what they said? Or was it just kind of a "well, you're good to go now"?

I’m in the 4k no ACC group as well, being built this week. Wonder if this will affect me.

Don’t understand why they can’t just tell the customer to set the gain lower than .5 until fixed? Could at least get the trucks in customer hands that way, or simply have the dealer pull the trailer brake fuse if that’s possible?
^^ This!! I totally agree. I don't plan on towing anything soon so I'll keep it turned down. I'd gladly sign a waiver to be able to take it home for the time being.

radmavxlt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckless
Interesting! I'll have to call them and see. Any specifics on what they said? Or was it just kind of a "well, you're good to go now"?
Pretty much. My sales guy said that the recall shows on his end, but apparently on his managers end (or whatever system he was looking at) that the recall didn't show, or that there wasn't a hold on it anymore. To make things even more interesting, when I call the Ford customer service number and prompt for recall info, I'll enter "22C24" and the automated messaging system says that the recall does not exist?

I don't really know. But hopefully some of you folks can call your dealer and maybe get lucky like I did.

Also, FWIW, I love this truck and it has exceeded my expectations so far.

OP
OP
93nighthawk

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford now has a re-program fix

Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] 1667313813539

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford now has a re-program fix

1667313813539.png
Woo hoo! I should contact my dealer today. I just checked again, now the recall shows for my VIN on NHTSA, but it still doesn't show on Ford's website or in my Ford account.
Sponsored