First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't remember who posted this issue, but it look like there is a recall rolling out about it.

Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] 1664551785534

UPDATE: FORD HAS A RE-PROGRAM FIX FOR ISSUE:

Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] 1667313914357
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like how this whole thing glosses over "the trailer brakes may apply without the vehicle brakes being applied"

Sure brake lights is a safety thing, but trailer brakes just randomly applying is 100x worse.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like how this whole thing glosses over "the trailer brakes may apply without the vehicle brakes being applied"

Sure brake lights is a safety thing, but trailer brakes just randomly applying is 100x worse.
Yeah, doesn't make much sense. Probably meant to say "Trailer brake lights may illuminate without the vehicle brakes being applied" ;)

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Woah......so now we have the "gotta cut some holes in your belly" recall, the airbag recall, and now a recall for anyone with the 4K tow package. All with "stop sale/delivery hold" status. And if I read this one right, they don't even have a solution for it identified yet. So it would literally be a "we cant sell you your truck and we don't know when we will be able to".

This might go even further to explain all the folks who seem to have a truck stuck in Mexico after production was finished over the last few months.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It also glosses over the DELIVERY HOLD!!!!!!

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this recall affects the tow package on every trim except Lariat LUX/4K since that comes with ACC ?

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hoping most of the serious kinks are ironed out with 2023 trucks, especially ones that will be getting later production dates. Actually kinda crazy to see so many recalls for trucks that literally haven’t even finished getting built yet.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a XLT hybrid with the OEM trailer hitch. Will it be subject to this recall too?

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, so according to https://www.ford.com/support/ there are no recalls for my 2022 Maverick, with a February build date. But, according to https://checktoprotect.org/vin-check/, I have two. One of course is the airbag. But then there is this:

September 30, 2022
BRAKE LAMPS STAY ON

Summary:
UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THE BRAKE LAMPS ARE ILLUMINATED WHEN THE DRIVER IS NOT APPLYING THE BRAKES. THIS CONDITION REPRESENTS A NONCOMPLIANCE FORFMVSS 108 LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, AS UNINTENDED ILLUMINATION MAY IMPAIR THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE STOP LAMPS.

Safety Risk:
UNINTENDED ILLUMINATION OF THE STOP LAMPS MAY IMPAIR THEIR EFFECTIVENESS AND INCREASE THE RISK OF CRASH.

Remedy:
UNKNOWN
OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE AN UPDATE OF THE SOFTWARE IN THE ABS MODULE. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL IN MAY 2021. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS ESTIMATED TO BE NOVEMBER 25TH 2022. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.

Campaign Number: 22C24
Please contact your nearest dealer to schedule a service appointment.

Two things. One, is anyone aware of this brake light recall? And two, why doesn’t the Ford Support site show that there are open recalls when there are?

Sponsored

OleKennyRoy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, so according to https://www.ford.com/support/ there are no recalls for my 2022 Maverick, with a February build date. But, according to https://checktoprotect.org/vin-check/, I have two. One of course is the airbag. But then there is this:

September 30, 2022
BRAKE LAMPS STAY ON

Summary:
UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES THE BRAKE LAMPS ARE ILLUMINATED WHEN THE DRIVER IS NOT APPLYING THE BRAKES. THIS CONDITION REPRESENTS A NONCOMPLIANCE FORFMVSS 108 LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, AS UNINTENDED ILLUMINATION MAY IMPAIR THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE STOP LAMPS.

Safety Risk:
UNINTENDED ILLUMINATION OF THE STOP LAMPS MAY IMPAIR THEIR EFFECTIVENESS AND INCREASE THE RISK OF CRASH.

Remedy:
UNKNOWN
OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE AN UPDATE OF THE SOFTWARE IN THE ABS MODULE. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL IN MAY 2021. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS ESTIMATED TO BE NOVEMBER 25TH 2022. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.

Campaign Number: 22C24
Please contact your nearest dealer to schedule a service appointment.

Two things. One, is anyone aware of this brake light recall? And two, why doesn’t the Ford Support site show that there are open recalls when there are?
Dude, I saw a Grey Maverick near Kissimmee last weekend with brake lights on, I thought the driver was riding the brakes. That explains it then.

Ford Maverick (OFFICIAL) DELIVERY HOLD / RECALL 22C24 BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON [BRAKE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ISSUE] mav w brake lights

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know others on the forum have had this issue. But I thought it was just the third brake light. Not the other two.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well this could explain why many of us that are waiting for our late august builds to be shipped, haven’t been shipped yet….
Sponsored