Brake knocking issue (possible recall?)

Zezeka

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
A while back I posted a thread about feeling a knocking in my brakes when I was in stop and go traffic. Sometimes it would be a light tap, but other times it was a very noticeable thud. Anyway, I just got it seen at the second dealership to try and figure out what was causing this and they definitely found something. The description in the attached invoice says “all motor mounts are failing due to failed roll restrictor.” I’m not a gear head, so I’m not sure exactly what this means, but it does not seem like normal wear to me. They claim to have fixed everything, but only time will tell if this actually fixed the knocking.

Ford Maverick Brake knocking issue (possible recall?) 9649E2D6-EFC0-4444-A4A6-5B146F0D5715
Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A while back I posted a thread about feeling a knocking in my brakes when I was in stop and go traffic. Sometimes it would be a light tap, but other times it was a very noticeable thud. Anyway, I just got it seen at the second dealership to try and figure out what was causing this and they definitely found something. The description in the attached invoice says “all motor mounts are failing due to failed roll restrictor.” I’m not a gear head, so I’m not sure exactly what this means, but it does not seem like normal wear to me. They claim to have fixed everything, but only time will tell if this actually fixed the knocking.

9649E2D6-EFC0-4444-A4A6-5B146F0D5715.jpeg
So it wasn’t your brakes that was the noise, the roll restrictor is just one of the mounts to hold your engine/transmission in position (some are liquid filled, some are not). This could have been a bad part itself and/or installation problems, but I don’t see recall coming on only 1 problem noted so far.

OP
OP
Zezeka

Zezeka

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
So it wasn’t your brakes that was the noise, the roll restrictor is just one of the mounts to hold your engine/transmission in position (some are liquid filled, some are not). This could have been a bad part itself and/or installation problems, but I don’t see recall coming on only 1 problem noted so far.
Thanks for the insight! Yeah I wouldn’t think that it would be something coming soon, but I forgot to mention that someone DM’d me with the exact same issue, asking what happened with my truck. So it is happening to other trucks. Hopefully this helps some people to diagnose more quickly, because it took me forever.

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear this knock below 5 mph frequently on my hybrid. The gas engine is never running at the time. While interesting that motor mounts are found to be bad, they are not likely the cause of the Hybrid knock.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear this knock below 5 mph frequently on my hybrid. The gas engine is never running at the time. While interesting that motor mounts are found to be bad, they are not likely the cause of the Hybrid knock.
If the motor mounts are bad and the Regen braking is within the motor transaxle unit which is bolted together could not there be a rocking motion induced by the reversing action of the drive torque and the braking torque?????
Sponsored