A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully the fix is available by the time it comes otherwise it will have to sit at dealer until it is.
WHAT!!!

Ford Maverick Trailer brake programming Recall 22S17 Screenshot_20220404-172038~2
Sponsored

56Sportster

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT W/FX4
looks like i'll be getting a recall letter on this one

kirch777

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, VW Rabbit Convertible '83
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My maverick just showed up to dealer yesterday and has to have the recall completed before I am able to purchase. Hoping it can be done today.
Any luck? Same here - patiently waiting, again!

raulbdiaz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 For Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any luck? Same here - patiently waiting, again!
Yes. Was able to pick up the following day. Recall was not completed. I guess they’ll reach out to me at a later date.

Bruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Mercedes, Tesla
My truck got to the dealership yesterday. They said they are still waiting to hear back when the patch will be available. It's like having a baby and then they have to stay at the hospital in the NICU unit until they are well enough to come home.
Same here. Truck is sitting at dealership waiting for break software.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This recall is one BIG reason that using an aftermarket brake controller that relies on an accelerometer instead of the integrated which ties into the trucks computer is a better solution.

I will be installing an aftermarket even with the 4K integrated

geekjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I towed this trailer with mine before receiving word of the recall and the trailer brakes seemed to work fine.
Ford Maverick Trailer brake programming Recall 22S17 IMG_0224

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I had made an appointment to have my recall programming done today but they called and cancelled yesterday stating that Ford recalled the update programming for the recall. And that they would let me know when I can bring it in. Pretty bummed. Have a camping trip in 2 weeks I was going to take my trailer to. Hoping they have it done by then.

Last edited:

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road Star, Maverick, Corolla, Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had made an appointment to have my recall programming done today but they called and cancelled yesterday stating that Ford recalled the update programming for the recall. And that they would let me know when I can bring it in. Pretty bummed. Have a camping trip in 2 weeks I was going to take my trailer to. Hoping they have it done by then.
I just got back from the dealer after having the programming done. I guess i'll have to go back. Update: I called my service rep. He can't verify a recall on the update.

Last edited:

Grey Goose

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
My maverick just showed up to dealer yesterday and has to have the recall completed before I am able to purchase. Hoping it can be done today.
I'm in same situation... dealer won't release vehicle until software update. how long did yours actually take?

Sponsored

raulbdiaz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 For Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was delivered the next day. I’m jot sure if dealer performed recall.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So there I was just this afternoon hooking up my travel trailer which has been in hibernation for the winter, got it plugged in and start trying to figure out the brake controller, nothing coming up on the display, drove it down the road a short distance, used the slider, cool, works OK, try to set my gain, press buttons, nothing. nada. Nothing showing up on the screen, search through menus, nothing. WTF? Check our favorite forum and hey presto here I am learning about this BS. Just ran my VIN through the recall section on Ford website and yep, on the list. Disappointed to say the least, we have several camping trips booked so hopefully this is a simple software update.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also called our Ford dealer who know absolutely nothing about this truck so were no help whatsoever, their only response was "have you read the manual"? yes I read the flippin' manual!

20220401_163851.jpg
Someone posted a couple months back that the infotainment display showed zero way to adjust the TB gain control and didnt even show a menu at all pertaining to the fact that yes a trailer is hooked up and lets adjust it- lol

Last edited:

Bruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Mercedes, Tesla
Same here. Truck is sitting at dealership waiting for break software.
Update: recall software update was completed and I now have my truck! Interestingly, the recall notice went away in the app. So I think updates are getting done.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update: recall software update was completed and I now have my truck! Interestingly, the recall notice went away in the app. So I think updates are getting done.
are you seeing gain control settings when you press the + - buttons?
Sponsored