First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Carbon Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck got to the dealership yesterday. They said they are still waiting to hear back when the patch will be available. It's like having a baby and then they have to stay at the hospital in the NICU unit until they are well enough to come home.
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a small sports car with a open trailer to stay under the tow limit. With the trailer empty the trailer brakes work fine, when I load the car I have no trailer brakes, unload the car and I have brakes again. Hopefully this recall will fix the problem.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So there I was just this afternoon hooking up my travel trailer which has been in hibernation for the winter, got it plugged in and start trying to figure out the brake controller, nothing coming up on the display, drove it down the road a short distance, used the slider, cool, works OK, try to set my gain, press buttons, nothing. nada. Nothing showing up on the screen, search through menus, nothing. WTF? Check our favorite forum and hey presto here I am learning about this BS. Just ran my VIN through the recall section on Ford website and yep, on the list. Disappointed to say the least, we have several camping trips booked so hopefully this is a simple software update.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also called our Ford dealer who know absolutely nothing about this truck so were no help whatsoever, their only response was "have you read the manual"? yes I read the flippin' manual!

20220401_163851.jpg
yea, you are not going anywhere safely without brakes hauling that trailer. Appears you will be doing long highway in that rig. You think the light Mav will be enough in cross winds? Think I would be nervous with anything less than a F150 on long hauls with that , but I haven't towed with Mav yet

Deleted member 1370

Here’s the service notes my dealer logged for it while it was there for the other recall. May not mean anything since my dealer’s service department is operated by barely functioning idiots.

84C1EA81-5420-49BD-B4EF-C0C081626227.jpeg
Very odd. My dealer did it and all checked out. They had no issues and got it done fast. Granted our service department has a lot of new guys and hires. Perhaps they got rid of the dead weight and got better mechanics.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yea, you are not going anywhere safely without brakes hauling that trailer. Appears you will be doing long highway in that rig. You think the light Mav will be enough in cross winds? Think I would be nervous with anything less than a F150 on long hauls with that , but I haven't towed with Mav yet
it's 2500lbs loaded. Back in England I used to pull a similar size trailer with a Golf Wagon Tdi and had no problems whatsoever. I towed it along a flat section of road and is perfectly stable, I have no concerns

Last edited:

Sponsored

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very odd. My dealer did it and all checked out. They had no issues and got it done fast. Granted our service department has a lot of new guys and hires. Perhaps they got rid of the dead weight and got better mechanics.
before the update were you getting the menu for trailer brake control appearing? when i hooked up my trailer the brake slider was working but nothing happening when the + - buttons were pressed and no way to store the gain settings. I presume you have the menu now?

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Used my truck to tow car on trailer today and everything worked as it should but I will take it to the dealer when he says he can do the recall update. FYI my trailer and car weigh about 3500 lbs and tows fine, stops fine with trailer brakes working and has plenty of pep taking off from a stop light.

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just dropped my XLT 4k AWD off at the dealership this morning for the fuel tank recall and the service tech told me the trailer brake recall software update was already released, so they'll do it in the same time frame. Thought I saw a few reports saying they wouldn't have it ready by mid April, so that was a nice surprise. Fingers crossed a drill bit didn't make contact with the tank 🤞

Deleted member 1370

before the update were you getting the menu for trailer brake control appearing? when i hooked up my trailer the brake slider was working but nothing happening when the + - buttons were pressed and no way to store the gain settings. I presume you have the menu now?
In earnest I haven’t used a trailer yet since getting the maverick. So I can’t say for sure if it would or would not pop up once a t railer would be connected. In fairness I just saw there was a recall on the fordpass app and decided to get it looked at sooner than later.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should be getting my Maverick in the next couple weeks hopefully they'll run the update as soon as they get it.

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Fordpass app just inform me about the recall. Hopefully they'll do it as soon as it arrives.

Ford Maverick Trailer brake programming Recall 22S17 Screenshot_20220404-162228

OP
OP
Portcqb

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Fordpass app just inform me about the recall. Hopefully they'll do it as soon as it arrives.

Screenshot_20220404-162228.png
Hopefully the fix is available by the time it comes otherwise it will have to sit at dealer until it is.

Roxie

First Name
Roxie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Looks like we have another recall unsure on date ranges mine is a mid December build for reference.

Mar 25,2022
Manufacturer Recall Number 22S17
NHTSA Recall Number
22v193

Summary REPROGRAM INTEGRATED TRAILER RELAY MODULE

Safety Risk LOSS OF TRAILER BRAKE FUNCTIONALITY COULD RESULT IN EXTENDED STOPPING DISTANCE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE UPDATED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Log into your ford pass account. If your vin is affected it will show. Mine was produced on 9/21/21 and it's on recall.
I’m wondering if there is anyone w the 4K package that ISN’T effected…

mdf

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Patriot, 2003 Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those curious about timing of fix, my truck delivered Saturday. Dealer closed on Sunday. They did all their prep/check today (Monday), including the recall software update, and I am picking up end-of-day.
Sponsored