Sponsored

Brake Problems on a 2022 Ford Maverick with 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, 4K Towing

• Thread starter Deleted member 6849
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 6849

I was wandering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes rubbing when breaking or driving slow? I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. They said the breaks were skipping. They ended up changing the pads and rotors and a week later the rubbing noise started again. I plan on taking the maverick back to the dealership in hopes this problem can be solved. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wandering if anyone else has had problems with their brakes rubbing when breaking or driving slow? I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. They said the breaks were skipping. They ended up changing the pads and rotors and a week later the rubbing noise started again. I plan on taking the maverick back to the dealership in hopes this problem can be solved. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
one wheel, 4 wheels?

Thumper477

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Sept 2022 AWD FX4 is doing the same thing.It started at about 500 miles on truck.Very annoying but does not appear to be a safety issue.

Thumper477

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is the front brakes making the noise.Probably warped rotors causing the calipers to rock back and forth at slow speeds.

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
9000 trouble free miles for me. same build as yours.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not noticed this on either of my trucks.

Chris70

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ECO XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve noticed something similar on my truck. Seems more pronounced when you’re first driving the truck ( cold ) Then seems to diminish once driven for a while. I hear the noise when first pulling out of my driveway and the first few stops the most.
Most of our XL and XLT trucks seem to be missing any insulation between the fender/door area to the engine bay. This may be allowing us to hear more brake noise than you usually would.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/no-insulation-at-fender-to-engine.11244/

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if yours has metallic or semi metallic BRAKE pads. toss them. get ceramic pads. metallic pads will screech when cold or moist. why ford had to be THAT cheap is beyond me. imports have had factory ceramic pads since the 80s.

stuckinparts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is making a terrible noise when I back out of the driveway in the morning. Like, extremely unacceptable noise. Started doing it when the weather got colder.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if yours has metallic or semi metallic BRAKE pads. toss them. get ceramic pads. metallic pads will screech when cold or moist. why ford had to be THAT cheap is beyond me. imports have had factory ceramic pads since the 80s.
I think we all know the answer to this :LOL: 20k price point? We're going to be finding little things like this over the years with this truck. I expect to see a rash of exhaust warranty repairs in the rust belt this upcoming spring/summer.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your braking concern on my end.

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we all know the answer to this :LOL: 20k price point? We're going to be finding little things like this over the years with this truck. I expect to see a rash of exhaust warranty repairs in the rust belt this upcoming spring/summer.
imports that are cheaper have ceramic pads, so you cant really say because of the price. they are $5 more at a parts store. and with fords buying power they would probably be the same price as cheap metallic pads.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6849

thanks for the info.
Sponsored