First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a small window. I get the airflow and transport of lumber advantages but I’m mainly concerned about visibility. This is directed to all those who already have a Maverick with this feature. What is the visibility like looking through the mirror? I’m unsure whether to cancel this option as my build date per my dealer is any day now. Haven’t received that email from Ford but dealer says it will likely come in a few days so any changes need to be made now.
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn’t bother me a’bit. Here’s a view from the inside.

Ford Maverick Sliding rear window visibility issues E25797EC-682C-434C-A435-FA1A4F5605BD

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you'll have rear visibility issues if you're on the shorter side and can't see the end of the bed, but thats regardless of whether you have the small window or not.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would leave it. As for a build date “any day now”….I wouldn’t get to excited. This is a clean up week for the end of March builds. You might get lucky but chances are you will be waiting. Since you can make changes still you aren’t a priority 2 which means there is little chance they will pull you this week as well. Sorry if I bursted your bubble. Good luck 👍🍀 hope it wrong and you get a build date

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The view would be better if you could ditch those head rests.
Before I got my Maverick I thought I'd have to remove the rear headrests (from looking at pictures) but now that I have it and have put some miles on it I find the rear headrests to cause zero visibility problems for me.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The sliding back window has been a nonissue for me to date.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a small window. I get the airflow and transport of lumber advantages but I’m mainly concerned about visibility. This is directed to all those who already have a Maverick with this feature. What is the visibility like looking through the mirror? I’m unsure whether to cancel this option as my build date per my dealer is any day now. Haven’t received that email from Ford but dealer says it will likely come in a few days so any changes need to be made now.
The rear seat head rests present more of a visual impairment than the sliding window. If no rear seat passengers, remove the head rests and put either under the seat or behind the seat. If not accustomed to using the right outside mirror, getting use to that will help. Using the outside mirrors really important if back seat full of taller passengers. I don't use my sliding window that much, however, the few times I used it I was glad I had it. Large loads in the pickup bed will also impair your vision.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The whole window is a "visibility issue". Visibility out of the rear window is terrible regardless of what style you have. Way too squished. The mirror placement is also funky. Even with adjusting it you don't get much view out of the rear and I find it in the way up front for me.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Here's another viewing angle through the rear view mirror. I tried to keep my hand out of the shot best I could. Anyway, IMO the rear seat head rests are a bigger obstruction than the rear window but YMMV.

Ford Maverick Sliding rear window visibility issues rear view mirror

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Non issue

Ukeman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2003 Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no issues with mine and when it's open at speed, very subtle wind noise. Great option.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had many trucks and all with sliding windows but chose not to get one in my Maverick. I've rarely used them & I didn't want a cap. Like the visibility with clean window & tonneau cover. Seems like window trim distracting & ugly on inside. Why would anyone need to stick a board in window. You could put 10' board in bed & flag it. If you put a 10' board thru little window it would hit windshield so unnecessary for that. Have rear windows for airflow if you like. Just my opinion.
Sponsored