First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if he was prepping the maverick why he didn't fill it up. 9 miles to empty at the end. I hope it doesn't run out of gas driving to the gas station.

Smitty11

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick xl
I'm wondering if he was prepping the maverick why he didn't fill it up. 9 miles to empty at the end. I hope it doesn't run out of gas driving to the gas station.
As a former dealership mechanic im multiple different dealers, either the mechanic will put 20 bucks in after they finish the prep and test drive, and a sales person or lot person fills it up before delivery to a customer. Because he said the customer was picking it up that night, im sure someone else will fill it up. Also, every vehicle is made to have a reserve fuel amount once the gas light comes on and/or the dte meter says 0 miles left. If you ever fill up when the meter says single digit miles left, take note how many gallons it takes then look up the size tank you have, youll have atleast a gallon or more left in the tank.

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting review! He walks around (and under) the vehicle pointing out how future servicing (and repairs) from a mechanics viewpoint. It was refreshing that he doesn't just rattle of specs like many reviewers, but makes comments on both good and bad points.

While I'll be getting a Hybrid I appreciate an overall view of the Maverick.

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the point of a double pull lever for the hood latch?
So you don't have to feel around for the secondary latch under the hood. They are always in different places on different makes and models, some lift up some push down, some push to the side, it gets aggravating trying to open the hood of some cars. LOL

CuddleMuffin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav XLT
So you don't have to feel around for the secondary latch under the hood. They are always in different places on different makes and models, some lift up some push down, some push to the side, it gets aggravating trying to open the hood of some cars. LOL
That makes sense! I assumed there was still a latch under the hood. I like it!

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed one thing people earlier talked about on preproduction models. They must not spray the tinted clear coat on the inside since behind the seat is the base metallic except the over spray on the edges.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
So, is this a normal test drive a dealer makes with a new customer-owned vehicle?? Thought he said this one was being delivered that day. Not sure I would appreciate that with my long-awaited-for vehicle. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive again. Thoughts?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, is this a normal test drive a dealer makes with a new customer-owned vehicle?? Thought he said this one was being delivered that day. Not sure I would appreciate that with my long-awaited-for vehicle. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive again. Thoughts?
Yes. Checking for any unusual behavior or noises that QA might have missed or from damage in transit. Wouldn't you be more put off if on your first test drive the vehicle immediately had a noticeable thunking or some other fault?

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
9 miles is a lot farther away than it seems. Most populated areas aren't more than a couple miles to a station.
Sponsored