First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I stand corrected on that. However, it doesn't change the fact that I have seen truck after truck after truck with Lariat Lux and CP360 scheduled, while XLT Lux orders have been passed by.
My oct 2021 eco xlt lux delivered last week was built end of may....i wasnt aware they stopped building xlt lux orders hmmmm
Sponsored

sbradford26

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Toyota doesn't do custom orders. They build what they're going to be build and throw it to the dealers.
Exactly if Toyota is short of modules for heated seats they can just crank out base model cars without them. Usually Ford has dealer stock which is more similar to Toyota's process. But Ford is right now victim of their own success, they had developed many incredibly popular vehicles (Mach-E, Bronco, Maverick, Lightning) where they have maxed out their orders to the point that they won't make dealer stock vehicles.

This inflexibility on what they can produce adds a lot more difficulty with getting components in current market conditions. Sure they can buy the components but most likely at an inflated cost.

I think something that could help is if they added just a generic vehicle order option. Let people put in an order for any maverick with the understanding that is could be a base model to fully loaded vehicle, and whatever color it comes in. This gives them a pool of orders to pull from that can fill manufacturing capacity with the parts available.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm sure they aren't all scheduled but in the scheduling threads I have seen so many. I really believe Ford is prioritizing Lariats with both the Lux and CP360.
Obviously not anymore. Makes me hesitant to order a Lux package for 23. Bare bones Ecoboost XL might be the only truck they can build now or the foreseeable future.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Obviously not anymore. Makes me hesitant to order a Lux package for 23. Bare bones Ecoboost XL might be the only truck they can build now or the foreseeable future.
I like my Mav that I bought after the original order declined it, but I would really like to get one in a Lux package or Hybrid, plus in Atlas Blue. I've pretty much settled on getting a 2.0 EB XLT Lux / FX4, but reading through threads like this one is making me think about whether that's a good idea or not.

My dad is planning ahead and will need a new truck in the next year or so to replace his 2002 GMC. He likes my truck so much he has offered to buy it from me. These supply chains snafus have a ripple effect. I don't expect a truck to show on the dealer lot two weeks after I order it, but I don't want to have to wait 15-18 months for a new truck either.

Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have but 2 comments to make:
1. I ordered June 21st 2021, picked up my XLT this past Saturday, with the Lux package. I guess they did kind of kick me to the curb after I signed, but I went willingly, because my truck was parked at it.

2. Anyone who thinks Ford has a responsibility to a would be customer is mistaken. Do you have a responsibility to them? No. Ford's responsibility is to their shareholders, and the SEC makes sure they uphold it. Ford is required to provide their shareholders with the best ROI as possible, and building the most profitable vehicles upholds that responsibility.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure they aren't all scheduled but in the scheduling threads I have seen so many. I really believe Ford is prioritizing Lariats with both the Lux and CP360.
I really don't think that is the case - Ordered 7/26/21 Lariat Hybrid, RR, First Edition, Lux Pkg & CoPilot 360 - Had my vin & window sticker since May 27th & one production date after another only to be pushed back a total of 12 times now. Subsequently they changed the date on my window sticker to June 27th. Very few emails from Ford, getting my information from Ford CS & Dealer. Dealer told me some weeks ago that my truck was built on 7/4, turns out it wasn't. Don't know what components are missing. Would be nice to know, but I don't seem them expiditing my Lariat. Wish they were. Latest production date I have is week of August 8th. We'll see what happens.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe if you had ordered earlier than 3 days before the order banks closed you'd be in a better position? What a novel concept!
Not everyone was in a position to do that. I didn't know the Maverick existed until the second week in January 2022 (I hadn't been following automotive news recently and I had not seen any of them locally because they are still thin on the ground). I placed my first order on 1/18 and I was told to expect 3-4 months for delivery. Then found this forum and discovered that probably wasn't super realistic, especially if one didn't pick the right dealer and/ or win the allocation lottery (something else I didn't know about before becoming a member here).

That said, we are always complaining about lack of information from Ford. Well, this is information from Ford. We may not like it, but it is an improvement over the crickets of the last several months.

I don't have constraints for two of my three outstanding orders. I'm hoping one of the two makes it into the 2022 build schedule. Good luck everyone!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not everyone was in a position to do that. I didn't know the Maverick existed until the second week in January 2022 (I hadn't been following automotive news recently and I had not seen any of them locally because they are still thin on the ground). I placed my first order on 1/18 and I was told to expect 3-4 months for delivery. Then found this forum and discovered that probably wasn't super realistic, especially if one didn't pick the right dealer and/ or win the allocation lottery (something else I didn't know about before becoming a member here).

That said, we are always complaining about lack of information from Ford. Well, this is information from Ford. We may not like it, but it is an improvement over the crickets of the last several months.

I don't have constraints for two of my three outstanding orders. I'm hoping one of the two makes it into the 2022 build schedule. Good luck everyone!
Speaking of crickets, has any one been contacted by your dealers and told what the new Ford ā€œplanā€ is? We all appreciate fordvideoguy giving up of his time and I bet money, but not a single person here has said that their Ford dealer reached out to them. Mine hasnā€™t, has yours?

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Forever
Order
Rigged
Delivery
People that say stuff like this know very little about the industry. I am waiting on an order also. I am frustrated also. But I can tell you that I have several luxury clients and their wait times are rarely any better. Currently 12 month order window for a new Range Rover for example.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Speaking of crickets, has any one been contacted by your dealers and told what the new Ford ā€œplanā€ is? We all appreciate fordvideoguy giving up of his time and I bet money, but not a single person here has said that their Ford dealer reached out to them. Mine hasnā€™t, has yours?
Um.....maybe because the dealers are still in the dark as to what to do because there hasn't been any clarification to them from Ford? If your dealer reached out to you with this news but didn't have a solution would that make you feal any better?
I can only imagine how that conversation would go over........ :rolleyes:

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The local dealer I ordered from hasn't contacted me at all since I ordered in January. They have failed to respond to a couple of efforts on my part to contact them. I have CP360 on that order so they should have contacted me about whether I wanted it removed back in July. I have gotten the "Ford Delay Emails" to the email address I used with that order so at least in theory my order was entered/ROVP'd correctly.

My other orders are with Granger and Long McArthur. I have had much better contact from them, especially LM. Assuming my local order doesn't get built as a 2022 I am not going to reorder with my local dealer for 2023. I will be keeping my orders with Granger and LM. I'm hoping the Granger order gets selected for 2022 so I can drive it for a while and then trade it on the LM order (which will either be a Lariat hybrid or a XLT Tremor).

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have but 2 comments to make:
1. I ordered June 21st 2021, picked up my XLT this past Saturday, with the Lux package. I guess they did kind of kick me to the curb after I signed, but I went willingly, because my truck was parked at it.

2. Anyone who thinks Ford has a responsibility to a would be customer is mistaken. Do you have a responsibility to them? No. Ford's responsibility is to their shareholders, and the SEC makes sure they uphold it. Ford is required to provide their shareholders with the best ROI as possible, and building the most profitable vehicles upholds that responsibility.
I also took deliver of my XLT Lux Hybrid a few weeks ago. Waited 54 weeks.

Did they go about this all wrong? possibly. It's a brand new model, i'm sure they didn't expect the demand at all.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People that say stuff like this know very little about the industry. I am waiting on an order also. I am frustrated also. But I can tell you that I have several luxury clients and their wait times are rarely any better. Currently 12 month order window for a new Range Rover for example.
Duuuuudde. It was a jokešŸ™ƒ

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. Just realize that once you finally understand that, you are going to pissed off. Ford is intentionally stringing people along. That's not a great business model either.
I would say part of that is not knowing. How do they know that order 42,567 wonā€™t have parts for when itā€™s a ever changing parts availability game. One month they could have enough for so many and one month they may not.

But yes some of that is they donā€™t want you to out right cancel and leave for something else so.. I mean I get it.But then again, they have a product that no one else does so they can get away with it.
Sponsored