Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We absolutely love ours, but it was clearly built to a pricepoint. For $20k-$25k, the Maverick is a freaking deal. If you spent >$30k, I can see how you may be a little miffed by the quality of a few things, but IMO $10k of faux leather, a mediocre (at best) "upgraded" stereo, and some more tech features was just lipstick on a pig.
Hey! My truck is not a pig without lipstick! 🤣
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, it took exactly 2.5 months, but my Maverick had entered “the deep sleep mode”. Or is it “The Twilight Zone”? Guess it really doesn’t matter. 🤬

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some here think that at this price point you should expect problems. That is false, at this price point you should expect less than perfect road noise, interior materials, fit and finish etc... Fundamental function of the car should not be an issue.
Bingo. While the Maverick is a good vehicle over all, that doesn't make it perfect! Why do people have melt downs when people say it's not the best thing since sliced bread?

When basic things that have been around for many, many years in vehicles don't work the way they should, yeah people can be troubled by that, and rightly so. We are talking about basic things, like turn signal recalls. Stuff like that has been in vehicles for a long time now, so just get it right! Modern style infotainment systems have been in vehicles for 15-20 years now. Get it right already.

The only people who think it's okay to have problems, regardless of price point, are people who have had nothing but. It's like having Stockholm syndrome.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You make many a good point, but the truck does have a few legitimate problems which are not uncommon for a new model. Oftentimes, the first step to solving an issue or problem is to state a complaint. Doing so here will get you responses from others who are in the same boat and just wondering if someone else is having the issue. From there will come suggestions, attempts at solving, and many times, solutions. I see people who really love the truck and just want it to be "perfect".

*compliant*? Where are my manners? Changed it to "complaint". Apologies.

Last edited:

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do people complain? To establish rapport in the community, or in this case,to gain visibility in the Mav truck club.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I go on this forum everyday to read, and learn things about the Maverick. People complain about rattles, harsh ride, radio Is not quality etc. If these things bother you, buy a car, "NOT A TRUCK". Again they state this is my first new car, It's a Truck! Over the years, I have bought many vehicles, most used, 10 to 15 new. (I've been driving 66 years) stop comparing apples with oranges. Trucks do truck things, move a refrigerator, if you want comfort, buy a Camry. Just my humble opion. The Maverick is the best bang for the buck out there!
I'm not complaining about my Maverick. I disagree 100% with your point that trucks should be expected to have poor radios, bad ride. rattles, and uncomfortable. It's not 1950 anymore. Trucks offer more luxury, are more expensive, and are more comfortable than the average car. Example of "you want comfort, buy a Camry" is humorous.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why do people complain? To establish rapport in the community, or in this case,to gain visibility in the Mav truck club.
Agree...bad news sells!! It always gets more attention. My 22 hybrid Lariat Mav has been running without a single problem...so there ain't much to talk about!!

Sponsored

Gray Optician 47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never been on a new car forum before. In the past you would read a review or wait till you talked to your mechanic. In this new world of 24-Hour News, internet and Tic-Tok, you see the Good, Bad, and the Ugly immediately. So, with these connections we just see more of the complaints. And yes, some. folks just like to toot their horn to be seen. All of us are driving a new vehicle less than 3 years on the market. Nothing is perfect, enjoy being in the revolution.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Personally i think there should be a completely separate Maverick forum for those that complain about the rotary shifter. That would be a good start in improving the internet.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not complaining about my Maverick. I disagree 100% with your point that trucks should be expected to have poor radios, bad ride. rattles, and uncomfortable. It's not 1950 anymore. Trucks offer more luxury, are more expensive, and are more comfortable than the average car. Example of "you want comfort, buy a Camry" is humorous.
I mean, regardless of era, there's only so much you can do to engineer truck attributes out of a truck, especially when it's meant to be very affordable. For instance, the maverick hybrid apparently uses old school suspension technology for the rear wheels. The upside to that is components that are both very durable, and cheaper to engineer and build. The downside is it rides like a truck. The same is true with suspension, trucks generally need firmer suspension to minimize squat when carrying heavy things in the bed.

Bingo. While the Maverick is a good vehicle over all, that doesn't make it perfect! Why do people have melt downs when people say it's not the best thing since sliced bread?
I think we all just get tired of complaints. Life is just becoming a non-stop bitch fest about every component of modern society. Many come to forums for things they're passionate about to get away from all that nonsense, all the BS in day to day life, and we still can't get away from it. It just irritates you after awhile when 99% of the news and things you hear and interact with on a daily basis are negative and there's no escape from it.

As a young person, there's nothing positive about life from my perspective. Just wears you down hearing how this is bad, and that's terrible, and here's another reason why you shouldn't be optimistic and happy, and it's all you hear all day every day from every source with no reprieve or way out, even on this forum.

People just get tired of everything being negative.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I go on this forum everyday to read, and learn things about the Maverick. People complain about rattles, harsh ride, radio Is not quality etc. If these things bother you, buy a car, "NOT A TRUCK". Again they state this is my first new car, It's a Truck! Over the years, I have bought many vehicles, most used, 10 to 15 new. (I've been driving 66 years) stop comparing apples with oranges. Trucks do truck things, move a refrigerator, if you want comfort, buy a Camry. Just my humble opion. The Maverick is the best bang for the buck out there!
Actually, my wife and I both find the seats in my '22 Mav Lariat much more comfortable than those in her '23 Camry. I have owned several Camrys, and all were great cars. Seat comfort, especially on a long trip, not so much!!:)

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought that a forum was place to learn and share info. Unfortunately, to do that, you have to weed through all of the pissing and moaning. Because of this, I spend less and less time looking at the forum. Only looked today because I got an email that someone quoted one of my posts.
Sponsored