Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL w/ hitch and full spare because I wanted a basic truck for cheap.
I had started like this... but I had originally wanted:

Bed Lights
Bedliner – Spray-in or dropin....something
window air deflector
Trailer Hitch
Hinge Lock
Full Size Spare Tire
All-Weather Tray Style

Light color but not white.... I was leaning towards the cactus grey...
but then the wife didn't like the steel wheels so it got bumped to XLT and she said I should splurge so I got the luxury package, she liked the heated seats but I am more interested in the heated steering wheel, and she told be I could get any color I wanted as long as it was white.... I also threw in the 360 cause I have one kid who is starting the drive and another a year away from driving.

Why a new truck now... my hatchback Yaris is dying and I'm tired or carrying leaves and grass in the back. Not to mention al the other small projects which I am postponing cause it's awkward to try and carry larger things in the Yaris.

I was looking at used trucks for the last 2 years but for the condition and options I wanted they would end up being in the middle to upper 20s, and then came the Maverick with front wheel drive so I don't need 4wd for the snow...and the gas milage, and cheaper than most of the used trucks I was looking at.
Sponsored

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully this one makes a sticky and Ill start

Fuel mileage. I got the XLT with CoPilot 360. Im on the road a lot and I have come to enjoy the BLIS systems. I got the hybrid because, well on the road a lot. White because its my favorite color on a vehicle despite all of mine being black since 04, and that is more than a few vehicles. I am not worried about the 2k towing because that is more then enough to haul my Harley or golf cart and if I need to really pull something I still have the (Time to start a never ending argument) best diesel of all time, the 6.0 PS in a 350.......What is sad is that this 'base xlt' has more bells and whistles than my KR 350 ever thought of......Didnt mind the hybrid system because it has been in the Escape for awhile and is proven and my dealership does a lifetime powertrain on all new Fords........And as this is will be my DD that Ill keep forever I decided against a full loadout of other things that will break and went with what I had to have....Cruise, Keypad, rear window, tow hitch and vinyl floor mats.......
THANK YOU FORD FOR BRINGING BACK AN ACTUAL SMALL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you get and why?

P.S. Also Ford you can kiss it for NOT putting cruise and a keypad as an option on the XL

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
What I got and why I like it:

Hybrid: this is the bread and butter option for me and the main reason for getting the truck. I have a 120 mile commute roundtrip, so economy is important. That said, I realize that for my commute the 2.0 probably won’t be that less efficient because it is all highway. The hybrid is a must because in South Florida it allows me to go in the hov (high occupancy vehicle) lane. This saves 10-15 minutes on the commute each way. Additionally, and for the time being, having a hybrid allows to to drive in the pay lanes on I-95 for free. This can be a massive savings of up to $10.00 one way. The worse the traffic, the higher the price to drive in this express lane. However Hybrids and electric are free. So a Hybrid or electric is a must for me.

Truck: I have always wanted one and am excited about all the possibilities.

Lariat: this one is sort of for convenience. I absolutely love proximity keys and push button start. It is one of my favorite options on my current car. The bigger rims, led lights and active-x seating is a bonus for me. I also like the body colored door handles. I also really like the larger in dash screen, though my guess is it doesn’t have any additional functions over the smaller one. Last is the auto climate control and power rear window. They say the Lariat is the only trim with it, but I think that is only for dual climate. It seems every trim has auto Climate.

Add-ons: only 3:
Hitch, because why not for the price. Also I think i will get a hitch basket and nice to be able to tow a light trailer if needed.
Spray-in bed liner: everyone I spoke to said to get it
And Co-pilot 360, a must for my commute.

Color: Area 51, I think it goes great with both the Lariat and XLT trims, and it is something totally different than what I have had.

All said, I am psyched and can’t wait for the next emails.

Husker68007

First Name
First Sergeant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX, 2019 Ram, 2009 XL1200C, 1992 Mustang GT
XLT hybrid, cyber orange, luxury package - my wife’s new truck

XLT eco boost, alto blue, 4K tow package, FX4 package, luxury package - my new truck.

Didn’t do any stand alone options because my dealer said it might slow production and from what I read here he was right.

Sponsored

Ken89

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I had started like this... but I had originally wanted:

Bed Lights
Bedliner – Spray-in or dropin....something
window air deflector
Trailer Hitch
Hinge Lock
Full Size Spare Tire
All-Weather Tray Style

Light color but not white.... I was leaning towards the cactus grey...
but then the wife didn't like the steel wheels so it got bumped to XLT and she said I should splurge so I got the luxury package, she liked the heated seats but I am more interested in the heated steering wheel, and she told be I could get any color I wanted as long as it was white.... I also threw in the 360 cause I have one kid who is starting the drive and another a year away from driving.

Why a new truck now... my hatchback Yaris is dying and I'm tired or carrying leaves and grass in the back. Not to mention al the other small projects which I am postponing cause it's awkward to try and carry larger things in the Yaris.

I was looking at used trucks for the last 2 years but for the condition and options I wanted they would end up being in the middle to upper 20s, and then came the Maverick with front wheel drive so I don't need 4wd for the snow...and the gas milage, and cheaper than most of the used trucks I was looking at.
I settled on Hybrid XL in Cactus Gray. Your situation sounds similar to mine . I have a Honda CRV with 200k miles and have been looking to upgrade to an inexpensive truck, I had settled on the ridgeline but the fuel economy is around 15mpg. Then I found the Maverick and this is the first time I'll be buying a brand new vehicle. I love that I can justify buying this due to rising fuel costs, the utility of a truck, and the lower maintenance costs of a new vehicle.

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XL Silver AWD 4K 360
For camping, dirtbiking, Daily Drive. Under $28K and decent fuel economy.
Thats why.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered XLT Hybrid with Co-Pilot 360 and rear window in Hot Pepper Red.
Reasons:
1) Using as daily driver in S. Florida and needed CP-360 because.....I-95
2) Hybrid over 2.0 EB due to commute usually crosses into three counties.
3) Rear window allows for ventilation in winter months when A/C not needed
4) Chose HPR over Cyber Orange because I wanted it to remind me of my Dad's 1977 Copper Metallic F-150 I got handed to me in high school after he passed from heart failure. CO was just too orangey but HPR seemed to be a bit closer.

Ordered from Long McArthur (kudos to Tim Bartz) due to courtesy drop to FL with secured financing.

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XL, 360, AWD, 2.0, 4K Tow, AS/Carpeted mats, spray-in Bedliner, sliding window. For me, this represents the best value in utility.
My exact build. <$28K
I agree. Its the most value. (Not to be confused with "most luxury!" lol)

brictor

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
brictor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are 3 reasons i pick this truck
1- price
2- efficiency
3-versatility

So I ordered xl hybrid with spay in, hitch and 360 for BLIS and power mirror. Will be a very useful peace of equipment.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several factors played into my decision to purchase the Lariat Luxury Trim:

1. Price
2. Size
3. Trim Package Offers

We really wanted a Hybrid or All Electric. (Save the Earth for our grandchildren). However, I am an active kayaker and needed 4x4 (AWD) for those occasional times when wet ground could stop a 2x2.

Finally, we chose the Lariat Lux for the heated seats and safety features. (That’s a keep momma happy thing).

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several factors played into my decision to purchase the Lariat Luxury Trim:

1. Price
2. Size
3. Trim Package Offers

We really wanted a Hybrid or All Electric. (Save the Earth for our grandchildren). However, I am an active kayaker and needed 4x4 (AWD) for those occasional times when wet ground could stop a 2x2.

Finally, we chose the Lariat Lux for the heated seats and safety features. (That’s a keep momma happy thing).
You and your wife take a motorcycle that turns both wheels! That is just AWESOME!

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
XLT Alto Blue, Lux package, floor mat, co-pilot 360 and sliding rear window.
Hybrid for gas mileage. Being driving mostly streets and short freeway for work and kids transportation but need truck for HD and gardening supplies on the weekend. Like the possibility of getting a small camper/tear drop and go places more often. Currently just tent camping whenever I can. Like to try RV camping near by beaches, some places they have only RV sites. Love my Rav4 but the gas price is getting ridiculous in SoCal, and mine (SE) doesn't tow! I think short girl with truck is sexy AF.. LOL (reality and others are always different)
Can't wait to get mine!

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT Alto Blue, Lux package, floor mat, co-pilot 360 and sliding rear window.
Hybrid for gas mileage. Being driving mostly streets and short freeway for work and kids transportation but need truck for HD and gardening supplies on the weekend. Like the possibility of getting a small camper/tear drop and go places more often. Currently just tent camping whenever I can. Like to try RV camping near by beaches, some places they have only RV sites. Love my Rav4 but the gas price is getting ridiculous in SoCal, and mine (SE) doesn't tow! I think short girl with truck is sexy AF.. LOL (reality and others are always different)
Can't wait to get mine!
Are you putting a 7 way plug on it and do they really have any campers sub 2k pounds?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hopefully this one makes a sticky and Ill start

Fuel mileage. I got the XLT with CoPilot 360. Im on the road a lot and I have come to enjoy the BLIS systems. I got the hybrid because, well on the road a lot. White because its my favorite color on a vehicle despite all of mine being black since 04, and that is more than a few vehicles. I am not worried about the 2k towing because that is more then enough to haul my Harley or golf cart and if I need to really pull something I still have the (Time to start a never ending argument) best diesel of all time, the 6.0 PS in a 350.......What is sad is that this 'base xlt' has more bells and whistles than my KR 350 ever thought of......Didnt mind the hybrid system because it has been in the Escape for awhile and is proven and my dealership does a lifetime powertrain on all new Fords........And as this is will be my DD that Ill keep forever I decided against a full loadout of other things that will break and went with what I had to have....Cruise, Keypad, rear window, tow hitch and vinyl floor mats.......
THANK YOU FORD FOR BRINGING BACK AN ACTUAL SMALL PICKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you get and why?

P.S. Also Ford you can kiss it for NOT putting cruise and a keypad as an option on the XL

Best Deisel of all times? MB OM617 3L inline 5 turbo diesel, those engines will run for every, my first car was 1979 300D with that engine. I had it 22 years, when I sold it, it had 450K miles, and it never left me stranded. I would get 31 on the highway doing 75 in all day long.

Best modern day Diesel BMW N57S, 3L inline 6 Tri-turbo 378hp, and 540lbs and gets 34 MPG. On a trip to Europe I rented an X5 50D with this engine, it was amazing, low-end grunt, Mid-range was incredible, and the top end was amazing. Was able to cruise on the autobahn at 145mph and the engine wasn't even breaking a sweat. I saw a 160 on the speedo and the X5 was still pulling. Had for 2 weeks and averaged 34 mph (imperial gallons)
Sponsored