Sponsored

Which Maverick trim model did you get and why?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cyber Orange, XLT, Co-Pilot 360, Sunroof, Hybrid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best Deisel of all times? MB OM617 3L inline 5 turbo diesel, those engines will run for every, my first car was 1979 300D with that engine. I had it 22 years, when I sold it, it had 450K miles, and it never left me stranded. I would get 31 on the highway doing 75 in all day long.

Best modern day Diesel BMW N57S, 3L inline 6 Tri-turbo 378hp, and 540lbs and gets 34 MPG. On a trip to Europe I rented an X5 50D with this engine, it was amazing, low-end grunt, Mid-range was incredible, and the top end was amazing. Was able to cruise on the autobahn at 145mph and the engine wasn't even breaking a sweat. I saw a 160 on the speedo and the X5 was still pulling. Had for 2 weeks and averaged 34 mph (imperial gallons)
German cars today are plastic junk. There is a reason everyone I know who actually works on the line in Tuscaloosa refuses own one. And after having them and being around them, Ill never touch another. Beamer or MB

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
XL, because I still need enough $$ to buy beer and cheeseburgers.

Would have chosen 2XL so it would match all my shirts, but Ford doesn't offer this trimming.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

German cars today are plastic junk. There is a reason everyone I know who actually works on the line in Tuscaloosa refuses own one. And after having them and being around them, Ill never touch another. Beamer or MB
I think you are missing the point, you asked a question and I answered them, the debate isn't about the car but the engine. BTW, I would never own a US-made MB, the quality isn't there like ones built in the fatherland.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are missing the point, you asked a question and I answered them, the debate isn't about the car but the engine. BTW, I would never own a US-made MB, the quality isn't there like ones built in the fatherland.
No sir....i just don't think there is a debate....6.0 7.3 and 5.9 all were million mile engines subjected to tons of stress.

Sponsored

Anturok

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat w/ 4k tow pkg
I am getting the Lariat with luxury package, AWD, 4k towing, and in carbonized gray. I am getting the lariat over the XLT for two reasons, the push to start(aka I don't have to get my key out my pockets to open the doors or start the car) and the adaptive cruise control.
Getting carbonized gray because it is a medium color that will hide dirt/scratches ok and it is one of 3 or 4 colors that I think actually go with the lariat interior.
I drive on the highway/interstate a lot so getting the hybrid didn't make too much sense. I also live in the north so AWD is always a positive.
After buying a house this past year I was really looking for a more practical vehicle than my fusion for home ownership.
This vehicle provides me that and it gets the exact same mpg as my current 2018 awd fusion.

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Are you putting a 7 way plug on it and do they really have any campers sub 2k pounds?
No, I am not putting a 7 way plug on it. I found these from an article, these are less than 2000 lb. I will probably rent @ Outdoorsy first and see. There are also rooftop tents options, I have not yet looked into it.
  1. Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro
  2. Riverside RV Retro
  3. Jayco Hummingbird
  4. Cricket Camper
  5. Scamp Travel Trailer
  6. Roulotte ProLite
  7. Aliner Ascape
  8. Armadillo Trailers
  9. InTech RV Luna

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I am not putting a 7 way plug on it. I found these from an article, these are less than 2000 lb. I will probably rent @ Outdoorsy first and see. There are also rooftop tents options, I have not yet looked into it.
  1. Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro
  2. Riverside RV Retro
  3. Jayco Hummingbird
  4. Cricket Camper
  5. Scamp Travel Trailer
  6. Roulotte ProLite
  7. Aliner Ascape
  8. Armadillo Trailers
  9. InTech RV Luna
I'll bat most of those have electric breaks and at 1200 plus on a truck rated for two you will want them

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
I'll bat most of those have electric breaks and at 1200 plus on a truck rated for two you will want them
I will probably figure out when I get the truck... I am kind of person that will handle when the problem comes. Hybrid is my pick over Ecoboost with more towing capacity, since 98% of time, I will be driving to/from work or transporting kids. Really wanted to have a truck for more functionality, but won't be real for the MPG here driving any gas fueled truck in the cities. Hybrid compact truck with 5 seaters for family seem perfect for me.
Small camper is a bonus.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition because the price point + money saved + old car sale value means I can afford to. Getting this one means I get all the upgrades I wanted anyway. Hybrid because I take long trips and don't want to eat it at the gas station and it's still enough power to tow my bike. Area 51 because that's the only color option I'm allowed to pick but I like it fine so nbd.

Sponsored
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition because the price point + money saved + old car sale value means I can afford to. Getting this one means I get all the upgrades I wanted anyway. Hybrid because I take long trips and don't want to eat it at the gas station and it's still enough power to tow my bike. Area 51 because that's the only color option I'm allowed to pick but I like it fine so nbd.
Is that a Triumph I spy?

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Lariat with lux package, 2.0 AWD with 4K tow.
Wanted the lane centering & adaptive cruise options and a good sound system so I had to get the lux pkg. I dislike fabric seats as well. I don’t have anything to tow yet but I plan to so I went for the 4K tow. I also hope that resale value with be higher with the AWD.
Maybe I should have gotten the hybrid, I want good fuel economy. I hope I’ll use the 4K tow before I get a full electric truck few years down the road. If I don’t use the 4K tow anytime soon I’ll regret it. But that’s part of life.

Last edited:

Emily-Perkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Luxury FX4
Lariat Alto Blue 4k tow, FX4 Lux package

been looking for a truck for a while now, but nothing worthwhile was in the 30-35k range (my budget) this hits my budget and I get all the fun toys to go along with it. I live in NH and it gets cold up here so the heated EVERYTHING is a huge plus for me.

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
I am getting the Lariat with luxury package, AWD, 4k towing, and in carbonized gray. I am getting the lariat over the XLT for two reasons, the push to start(aka I don't have to get my key out my pockets to open the doors or start the car) and the adaptive cruise control.
As someone who's owned a push-to-start vehicle for the last four(ish?) years, they're not always everything they're cracked up to be. Yes, it's convenient, but it's the worst thing when the battery runs out or the remote itself starts acting strange.

In my current car, if the remote stops working, I have to manually enter my car with the key (which sets off the car alarm, because if my car doesn't detect the remote, it thinks it's getting broken into), then set the remote in a specific cupholder until my car can "find" it there. Sometimes this takes a few minutes of finagling for it to detect everything properly. If I have anything at all attached to my remote (lanyard, cards, etc), it won't detect it, so I have to take everything off. All while sitting there like an idiot with my alarm going off.

Definitely not something I enjoy. The key start on the XLT was actually something I was thankful for specifically for that reason. Same with the door code entry. Not saying everyone will have this experience, but I pretty much die of embarrassment every time it happens. The Lariat might not do it in the first place because of the keypad entry, though.

The adaptive cruise control, on the other hand, I will definitely miss. Wish it was available in the XLT lux package.

(Almost forgot: Cactus Grey XLT, Lux package, CoPilot360 package, sunroof, manual rear window.)
Sponsored