Sponsored

What don't you like about your Maverick?

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like others have already said - I really do like this car, a lot. It replaced a 2015 VW Golf. My biggest "complaints" are pretty small in the grand scheme of things. I also have a lariat hybrid, with the lux package.

1. I think all the mirrors are too small, or have less than ideal viewing.
2. When unbuckling the seatbelt, it flies back so fast - it sounds like it's going to destroy the plastic side wall. (same in front and back seats)
3. wish the rear seat was split vs full bench - would make it easier to access just one side of the underseat storage.
I am wondering if a Ford Escape rear seat bottom would fit. Should be close to same size. When I get mine I am going to do some measuring.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
For me it’s having to select the driving mode each time I turn the thing on. I have just over 7k miles and I’m starting to get some rattling and my speakers have developed some sort of buzzing noise that needs to be addressed. It’s a great little truck though, very happy with it.
Hi Kevin! I can look into your Maverick's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mostly it’s good, there are a few things that annoy me:
  • Dash rattle when it’s cold out.
  • Driver’s door panel or handle seems to have some buzzing/rattling at highway speeds.
  • The headliner sometimes rattles when the shade for the sunroof is opened to let light in but the sunroof is closed.
  • The seat adjustments are flimsy on the XLT.
  • The radio is unreliable for music. I get “data errors” now using steaming music where it just stops playing and completely looses the data connection. Using a USB stick to listen to music is agony. It either doesn’t work, gets stuck on playing music with songs starting with the letter A or simply won’t let you change folders. When it works, it sounds fine to me but it’s such a pain I rarely use it for listening to music, only for Google maps.
  • This truck really needs fog lights stock. It does not project light well enough on the road directly in front of the truck in severe weather, in particular heavy rain at night. I added aftermarket Led fog lights myself which did solve this issue.
  • I hoped for better with the FX4 package. It was a decent value but it needs more aggressive tires and a bit of a lift stock.
  • The ecoboost can chow down gas quickly in if you have a heavy foot in town or think your Dale Earnhardt on the highway. It’s really “eco” or “boost”, there is really no in between like a N/A engine so expect to adjust your driving style accordingly.
  • The ecoboost doesn’t sound good on cold starts. To me it sounds kind of coarse on moderate acceleration too. Where it makes up for it is cruising and/or highway driving. Nice, quiet and smooth.
  • Lack of a spilt folding rear seat is annoying. I almost always have a car seat in mine so the rear seat storage is useless to me.
  • The factory center rear view mirror was way over magnified to me and I could barely see crap out of it near the bed sides of the truck. I installed a Broadway wide view mirror clip on over top of it, problem solved.
  • Wish the head rests folded down like my 2014 Mustang does. I’ve had to remove mine for better visibility out the rear and it’s annoying reinstalling them every time I have to carry a passenger. Icing on the cake would be if the front passenger seat headrest folded down or the entire front passenger seat folded flat. It was a cool feature my Jeep Liberty had and basically gave you a table for a front passenger seat (it had a dished plastic backing) as a result.
Overall it’s a great little truck, just not the greatest interior quality but for the price, it is what it is and the rest of it is solid so I’m happy.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

LOL You know, I knew that and was thinking about that. It's not fair to think a car could make me a more decent person!
On the Hybrid, "L" helps with descent. It's not a Low "gear" or low range, it just uses Regenerative braking more during deceleration, particularly down hills. And using it will give you slightly better MPGs.

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am wondering if a Ford Escape rear seat bottom would fit. Should be close to same size. When I get mine I am going to do some measuring.
If you end up comparing - would love to know what you find out.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm 4 months and 5k miles into owning mine and my list is

1. It does this thing when my phone is on the wireless charger for a bit, the wireless charging activated banner comes across the top and never goes away. I don't know if this is the car having issues or the phone, but I am thinking it happens when the phone gets too hot.

2. Even with the pre collision set to the least sensitive setting, it goes off pretty frequently when someone is making a right turn in front of me and I don't slow down even though they're pretty much all the way through their turn.

3. The adjust volume based on speed setting all the way up still has me turning it a couple clicks louder when at speed and down when I stop.

4. With a car seat base pretty much permanently in the back, the not split bench means the under seat storage in inaccessible on the fly.

4. This isn't really a maverick fault, but just pickups in general, but being my first truck, I'm surprised how often I'm thinking a task would be more practical if I still had my fiat 500. Normal groceries and other medium size loads that I don't want sliding around. I love that I can haul the motorcycles around without a trailer now, but I feel like overall, I'm sacrificing practicality for that ability, not that it's an all around super practical configuration like I feel I've been told by pickup owners forever. If I didn't have motorcycles I would be annoyed by getting it instead of something with a hatchback.
I made up a board that fits into the slots that are about 15" in the bed from the tailgate. I also got a net that fits across at the rear of the bed. I drop the tailgate, and load all the groceries between them so nothing rolls around or tips over. Easy to load, and unload when you get home.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I made up a board that fits into the slots that are about 15" in the bed from the tailgate. I also got a net that fits across at the rear of the bed. I drop the tailgate, and load all the groceries between them so nothing rolls around or tips over. Easy to load, and unload when you get home.
I do have a 2x6 cut for that rear slot but haven't used it yet, I'll have to try to utilize it more.

maverickeric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 + Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Side access to the rear underseat storage would have been nice for those that can't fold up the rear seats due to childs car seats. The Ridgeline has this area open and was one thing I really liked - I'll probably modify the maverick so I can access that under seat storage.

I wish the bed was lightly longer. I knew going into buying one that bed size might be tight for me, but I couldn't fit 4 of the 27L plastic bins in the bed flat because the bed was just a few inches too short. These are a very popular size plastic bin.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Lack of rear split seat.
2. Drivers window controls placed to far forward.
3. Water dripping into vehicle when doors opened.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 4 months and 5k miles into owning mine and my list is

1. It does this thing when my phone is on the wireless charger for a bit, the wireless charging activated banner comes across the top and never goes away. I don't know if this is the car having issues or the phone, but I am thinking it happens when the phone gets too hot.

2. Even with the pre collision set to the least sensitive setting, it goes off pretty frequently when someone is making a right turn in front of me and I don't slow down even though they're pretty much all the way through their turn.

3. The adjust volume based on speed setting all the way up still has me turning it a couple clicks louder when at speed and down when I stop.

4. With a car seat base pretty much permanently in the back, the not split bench means the under seat storage in inaccessible on the fly.

4. This isn't really a maverick fault, but just pickups in general, but being my first truck, I'm surprised how often I'm thinking a task would be more practical if I still had my fiat 500. Normal groceries and other medium size loads that I don't want sliding around. I love that I can haul the motorcycles around without a trailer now, but I feel like overall, I'm sacrificing practicality for that ability, not that it's an all around super practical configuration like I feel I've been told by pickup owners forever. If I didn't have motorcycles I would be annoyed by getting it instead of something with a hatchback.
Deport this person. An American who appreciates small vehicles. This is heresy. Ship them off to Europe ASAP! (note - moderator - please understand that this is sarcasm before you suspend me for 30 days).

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've read a lot of negatives about the sound system. Maybe it's because I'm in my 70s and blew out my hearing listening to loud music over the years, or the flight line noise while in the Air Force, or the fact that I've never really needed the best possible music while driving, but I have no problem with the sound. No, it's not the best, but I don't think it's that bad either. I remember having a single (crappy) speaker and mono in my early years of driving, so this is great compared.

Now, music in the house is a whole different matter.
We have been jamming out classic rock for 5 days straight. Zero sound quality issues. I think the complaints are from people who want to listen to an influencer crumple a paper bag through a subwoofer so the can relax while driving🤣

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was kind of off put by the orange accents at first but they’ve become part of the quirkiness that it’s the Ford Maverick.
Agreed, the XLT interior looks aces when paired with area 51.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One scary thing can happen to the Ford shift knob - not just the Maverick but any Ford

Once on a busy highway at high speed I managed to shift the car into neutral when I put my soda bottle back into the cup holder and apparently brushed the shift knob with the bottom of the bottle.
I was in EV mode at the time and the car slowly lost speed, so I kept hitting the gas pedal with no result until I realized at about 30 mph what had happened and shifted it back into drive
The first I've heard of this happening. Seems like you'd have to hit the knob pretty hard to turn it accidentally.
Sponsored