First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will be offloading both a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7 V8 and a 2000 Corolla VE. We currently have four vehicles and gonna knock it down to three with the Maverick coming.

While I’m here, how old a vehicle will Carvana accept? CarMax seems like they’ll take vehicles no more than ten years old.
Sorry to break it to you but Carvana is going bankrupt.
Sponsored

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am confused as to why you think a bankrupt company would buy your car?
I never stated in my original post that I planned to go through Carvana in selling my vehicles to them. Maybe I should rephrase my question in the past tense: How old of a vehicle were Carvana accepting prior to the news of their bankruptcy?

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never stated in my original post that I planned to go through Carvana in selling my vehicles to them. Maybe I should rephrase my question in the past tense: How old of a vehicle were Carvana accepting prior to the news of their bankruptcy?
In April, Carvana took my ‘92 Toyota PU, 2wd, stick, for $400.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We only had a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. My wife drove it to work daily. We agreed to buy a second vehicle, and was super excited when I first saw the Maverick was coming out!! I decided to order one, as a small hybrid truck would suits my needs and do everything I needed a small truck to do.

The Maverick was an additional vehicle for us. As for the Santa Fe, we sold it to CarGurus for $10K more than we paid for it, and I found a brand new, just off the truck, 2022 hybrid Ford Escape SE for my wife and bought it. Gas mileage was 20 mpg at best on the Santa Fe, and my wife is getting over 50 mpg in the city with the Santa Fe. She went from filling up once a week to filling up once a month.

As for me, I got tired of waiting for my ordered Maverick, and I started contacting dealers in the SE region. I found a hybrid XL and bought in at the end of January, traded it in for a hybrid XLT at the end of March, then traded in the XLT for a hybrid Lariat loaded with extras at the end of October. That one is a keeper!!

As far as the one I ordered, it rolled into a ‘23. The dealer called and said Ford sent a private offer of $2750 if I want my order converted to a ‘23. I asked if I could change trim levels and add accessories, and they said no. They had already removed the Lux and CP packages previously w/o my consent. So, I told them I’m not going to take Ford’s offer, and that I’m super happy with the Lariat I found in Tampa.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What did you do with your previous vehicle

'Nuffin.

It's ridiculous. I am paying insurance on 9 vehicles now, with the Mavericks representing numbers 8 and 9.

All are Fords, although two pick ups are badged as Mazdas. They all run fine, but 5 are over 18 years old. I have a farm, and need trucks for making hay and feeding cows. No 4-wheelers or side-by-sides, the Mazdas hold more payload and are waterproof and air conditioned.

Parking is not an issue.

We have let our friends with teen aged kids know that the Mazdas are available. If I don't get a bite that way, I may trade something in on a new storage shed from the local used car dealer.

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I traded in my 2018 Ford Escape. Got $4,000 more than I paid for it. Just wish my Maverick XLT Hybrid was an AWD like the Escape but I have a 2002 Dodge Ram that is 4X4 so I'm still happy.

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT, FX4, LUX, CP360, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ended up selling my 2016 Kia Soul for $11,500. I was quoted only $8500 in trade in value from the dealership that I ordered my truck from, ended up going to a local dealership that my family has gone to for buying/selling vehicles. I bought the Kia in 2018 with only 20K miles at $14K, sold it at 53,380 miles. Took a tiny loss, but I'm just glad I decided to look elsewhere for selling.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up selling my 2016 Kia Soul for $11,500. I was quoted only $8500 in trade in value from the dealership that I ordered my truck from, ended up going to a local dealership that my family has gone to for buying/selling vehicles. I bought the Kia in 2018 with only 20K miles at $14K, sold it at 53,380 miles. Took a tiny loss, but I'm just glad I decided to look elsewhere for selling.
I think you got a good deal in the sale. More importantly, now you have a truck, and it's a Maverick!

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We only had a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. My wife drove it to work daily. We agreed to buy a second vehicle, and was super excited when I first saw the Maverick was coming out!! I decided to order one, as a small hybrid truck would suits my needs and do everything I needed a small truck to do.

The Maverick was an additional vehicle for us. As for the Santa Fe, we sold it to CarGurus for $10K more than we paid for it, and I found a brand new, just off the truck, 2022 hybrid Ford Escape SE for my wife and bought it. Gas mileage was 20 mpg at best on the Santa Fe, and my wife is getting over 50 mpg in the city with the Santa Fe. She went from filling up once a week to filling up once a month.

As for me, I got tired of waiting for my ordered Maverick, and I started contacting dealers in the SE region. I found a hybrid XL and bought in at the end of January, traded it in for a hybrid XLT at the end of March, then traded in the XLT for a hybrid Lariat loaded with extras at the end of October. That one is a keeper!!

As far as the one I ordered, it rolled into a ‘23. The dealer called and said Ford sent a private offer of $2750 if I want my order converted to a ‘23. I asked if I could change trim levels and add accessories, and they said no. They had already removed the Lux and CP packages previously w/o my consent. So, I told them I’m not going to take Ford’s offer, and that I’m super happy with the Lariat I found in Tampa.
Have you considered producing a new TV show . . . "How to Car Flip"? :)

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford told me $17,500 for my 2020 Corolla, but I just filled out carvana’s online quote system — they offered $21,200. My truck is being built end of Feb so I have some time. Anyone ever used Carvana? They just bring you a check?
I've used them and was pretty happy. They gave me 3 to 4k more than anyone else. You can do everything with your phone. It was a video inspection where I just walked around the vehicle with my phone. They cut me a check and direct deposited it within hours after the inspection.

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving a 2019 Rav4 hybrid with 50k miles that I traded in for a good amount of money. Almost as much as the the new Maverick!

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer offered me $500 for my '06 Subaru with 184,000 miles. Salesperson told me to sell it myself, which I did and got $3,500 three hours after I brought my Maverick home.

Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle image1
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Dad