Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sold my 2015 Edge Sport to Carmax for $14k. No idea what dealer would have offered, but probably not that much. I was glad to take that offer as there were some expensive incoming repairs/maintenance for it. Did you know you need to remove the front bumper to replace the hood latch assembly and sensor? Sheesh...
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm keeping my 2007 Honda Element EX AWD Auto. LOVE IT!

20221218_120810.jpg
My brother has one of these and I really like the concept. Compact van-like. The ride is a bit rough, no?

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford told me $17,500 for my 2020 Corolla, but I just filled out carvana’s online quote system — they offered $21,200. My truck is being built end of Feb so I have some time. Anyone ever used Carvana? They just bring you a check?
I got the offer on a sheet to show the dealer when I traded it in and they matched it

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My brother has one of these and I really like the concept. Compact van-like. The ride is a bit rough, no?
What up, Dad!

I guess they might ride a bit hard. I've driven it for the past 7 years until I got my Mav. But I do have to say I prefer driving the Element. There;s something to it that it's just better than the Mav. I know I'm, crazy.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nuffin. Still parked in the shed. I have a couple of friends with teenagers about to be old enough to drive and I expect one of them may want it.
Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle Mazda_20221215

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm keeping my 2007 Honda Element EX AWD Auto. LOVE IT!

20221218_120810.jpg
Keeping my Element as a backup, but have quickly discovered my Honda Element can do some tasks much better than my Mavrick. Especially hauling 8 ft lumber, lawnmowers, AWD drive, etc...the bed in the Element is longer than the Maverick, and seating is much roomier for 4 people. I'm assuming it is in the tires but the Element AWD seems to be better off-road than the EcoBoost AWD.
Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle IMG_0604

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What up, Dad!

I guess they might ride a bit hard. I've driven it for the past 7 years until I got my Mav. But I do have to say I prefer driving the Element. There;s something to it that it's just better than the Mav. I know I'm, crazy.
The Element has a certain uniqueness about it to be sure. Seems like Scion and Kia tried to copy the concept, but have come no where near the Honda's roominess.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Element has a certain uniqueness about it to be sure. Seems like Scion and Kia tried to copy the concept, but have come no where near the Honda's roominess.
I had a Honda Element for several years. I took out the back seats instead of folding them up. I hauled music equipment in there for gigs. I was also a long distance bike rider, and I was able to fit both of my road bikes in there standing up and without having to remove the front wheels. It served it’s purpose, but, with that said, the seats weren’t all that comfortable and it did provide a stiff ride.

• Love
Reactions: Dad

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford told me $17,500 for my 2020 Corolla, but I just filled out carvana’s online quote system — they offered $21,200. My truck is being built end of Feb so I have some time. Anyone ever used Carvana? They just bring you a check?
Picked up my XLT hybrid Mav Monday 3/6/23, love it!!
Giving our 1999 Ford Windstar to my son's friend.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Traded the 2013 Cativa with 165,000 miles, a number of dings and parking lot dents. Leaking oil and an iffy tranny. Got $1000 for it. He sells it a you work you ride shop for $1400 or so they put it on the lot fir $3000 with $1500 down . Finance the profit with weekly payments.

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nuffin. Still parked in the shed. I have a couple of friends with teenagers about to be old enough to drive and I expect one of them may want it.
Mazda_20221215.jpg
Update:

My friend's daughter, MacKensie, is getting her learner's permit next week. She came here today with her Dad to pick up the truck. I asked her if the old Mazda would suit her. I have never seen such a broad smile - and her eyes sparkled like diamonds.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update:

My friend's daughter, MacKensie, is getting her learner's permit next week. She came here today with her Dad to pick up the truck. I asked her if the old Mazda would suit her. I have never seen such a broad smile - and her eyes sparkled like diamonds.

I love it when a plan comes together.
I had one of those old Mazda PU's; extended bed. Great work truck, but that 4 cylinder was a real dog.

CecilWL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sold my 2017 F350 Lariat diesel, owned it for 5 years, 20,000 miles (30xxx km), got more than I paid for the truck on Facebook marketplace, no regrets. Waited 6 months for the Maverick, my free truck.

Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle copy

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got rid of the old GMC truck (good riddance). Kept the Cruze, good reliable, economical ride.
Sponsored