Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought my '23 Mav 2 weeks ago today. Dealer offered $200 for my 257,000 mile '07 Taurus. I sold it today for $980. I paid $7900 for it 12 years ago and put 170,000 miles on it over that time. I think I got my money's worth. I hope the Mav proves to be as good as a value.
Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put my Ranger on Facebook Market place Tuesday afternoon. Had a handshake sale in 4 1/2 hours after listing!! Sold for asking price of $6500, no bickering!! Paid cash on Friday. Put in bank, and TRIED to make a phone payment, in full, with Ford. Never got a live person!
Payment made. Will be official in about 4 days, once payment processed.

Tricky Dicky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Taco (deceased)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At inspection they failed it because the SECOND frame under my 01 Taco rusted clean thru. 91K. Two body shops told me “no way”. Got the name of a scrapper who offered my $600 sight unseen. Last thing I heard from the body shop was “don’t go over any railroad crossings”. Yeah, that bad.
I put the$600 down is a Mav, that was 585 days ago. But it’s at the railhead and maybe, if the trucks are running, I’ll get it in under 600 days.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At inspection they failed it because the SECOND frame under my 01 Taco rusted clean thru. 91K. Two body shops told me “no way”. Got the name of a scrapper who offered my $600 sight unseen. Last thing I heard from the body shop was “don’t go over any railroad crossings”. Yeah, that bad.
I put the$600 down is a Mav, that was 585 days ago. But it’s at the railhead and maybe, if the trucks are running, I’ll get it in under 600 days.
Tacoma's were notorious for that. It's a shame too, because the drivetrain had another 300K to go on it. The funny part is that Toyota did the rusty frame swap outs under warranty, and did not do anything with the replacement frames to fix the problem. We dont have t hff e rusty frame Tacoma issues here in west texas, but its dry here and no salted roads to cause the issues. Had they treated the replacement frames with some sort of rust preventative inside the boxed members like Dinitrol AV100D or CorBan 35, these problems would have went away. I see Tacoma's in my junkyards here either wrecked or with 300-400k on the odometers and solid frames. It's a shame. Good trucks too. Heres info on why toyota trucks suck in the rust belt. Gotta love that toyota quality. NOT!

Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle Screenshot_20230512-090818_Samsung Internet

Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle Screenshot_20230512-090832_Samsung Internet

Ford Maverick What did you do with your previous vehicle Screenshot_20230512-090845_Samsung Internet

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Listed my '06 Subaru Outback with intermittent check engine light and 182,00 miles 3 days before I picked up my Maverick. Sold it 3 hours after I picked up my Mav for $3,500. I was happy!

Then a couple days later dropped off the $3,500 at the CU I have the hopefully paid off within a year loan with.

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford told me $17,500 for my 2020 Corolla, but I just filled out carvana’s online quote system — they offered $21,200. My truck is being built end of Feb so I have some time. Anyone ever used Carvana? They just bring you a check?
What did I do with my previous vehicle? I spend my weekends repairing it to keep it running because Ford cannot/will not make a base model vehicle for me.

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Listed on Facebook Marketplace, for $6500.
Sold for asking price in about 4 1/2 hours!
Had to wait until Monday, to deposit cash. Had Maverick Paid In Full Monday afternoon.

Best thing I did!! No more having to deal with Ford Credit, claiming my account was past due, when it never was!!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford told me $17,500 for my 2020 Corolla, but I just filled out carvana’s online quote system — they offered $21,200. My truck is being built end of Feb so I have some time. Anyone ever used Carvana? They just bring you a check?
I used Carvana just for the quote. Then Ford upped the value of my trade in and gave me a better price

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unloaded it as fast as possible. The CVT’s tranny sporadically kept acting up. A giant national used car dealer looked it over, drove it, and made me a good offer. The vehicles CVT didn’t act up during their test drive. They will wholesale it.
Got the same amount for that (good looking), piece of junk as the dealer markup.

I did get a Maverick in less than a week though doing it this way.

Thought it was a wash,at the time, even Steven.

However, after seeing the current wait times and REALLY high dealer markups for available vehicles, as well as the scarcity of hybrid models, I am realizing that I actually saved money by grabbing my truck right away.

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unloaded it as fast as possible. The CVT’s tranny sporadically kept acting up. A giant national used car dealer looked it over, drove it, and made me a good offer. The vehicles CVT didn’t act up during their test drive. They will wholesale it.
Got the same amount for that (good looking), piece of junk as the dealer markup.

I did get a Maverick in less than a week though doing it this way.

Thought it was a wash,at the time, even Steven.

However, after seeing the current wait times and REALLY high dealer markups for available vehicles, as well as the scarcity of hybrid models, I am realizing that I actually saved money by grabbing my truck right away.
Right there why I hesitate to buy a used car.

Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And why I didnt sell it to a private party.

Heck, it might not even make it to a wholesale auction without acting up. That’s what I’m hoping.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still trying to sell it :(
The dealer didn't want to give me anywhere near the book trade value.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What did I do with my previous vehicle? I spend my weekends repairing it to keep it running because Ford cannot/will not make a base model vehicle for me.
They will. Stay patient.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I might sell the Mustang as I just don't drive it enough. 5 years old and just 3,600 miles. The van I will keep, it has it's purposes, and is a great winter beater/spare.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 2018 Kona sold in one text message! They are going to have to wait though…
Sponsored

Last edited: