Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FYI... Getting ready to install a new dash cam in my Maverick and the kit only came with one Micro2 tap. For anyone stumbling onto this thread, the small fuses under the passenger side dash are Micro2. The larger 3-bladed ones are Micro3.

When I do my install, I will take pics and do my own writeup in a new thread.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
not to sound stupid but what does the connection to #6 look like? Basically hw did you do that? Also #6 do you have those items it runs to?

Im looking to add a XM radio add on
#6 is the fuse for the Sunroof and a few other items. Whatever you can find that'll be tapped for an accessory relay. It will show you in the Manual

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello. I wanted to add some learnings from my attempt to hard wire a Garmin Parking Mode Cable following the instructions posted by Obiewan. The first thing I noticed when trying to insert the in-line fuse into slot #6 is that there is no space initially to accommodate the in-line fuse. However I noticed from Obiewan picture that his in-line fuse looked somewhat twisted. So what I did is I removed the "whatever" was in the way, inserted the in-line fuse and then re inserted what I removed by pushing the in-line fuse gently upwards. So now my setup looks just like the pictures.
The last think I want to mention is that the crimps on the in-line fuses are not optimal because the cables on my parking mode cable where fairly thin so even though I crimped the heck out of them the cables would not stay in place. So I used these awesome splicing connectors from NoCo which are easy to use, no soldering or crimping. I can send pics if you like. Have fun!
It is definitely a tight space with how they have those fuses jumbled together. Im glad you have yours all worked out. (y)

Waders41

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, hybrid, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if there is an under the hood fuse that runs on accessory or ignition power? Trying to install a lightbar that turns on when I remote start/start the vehicle.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if there is an under the hood fuse that runs on accessory or ignition power? Trying to install a lightbar that turns on when I remote start/start the vehicle.
If powering a light bar you likely want to run that through a relay directly to the battery.

good luck....

Waders41

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, hybrid, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If powering a light bar you likely want to run that through a relay directly to the battery.

good luck....

It is just a small LED light bar. The seller/creator of the little kit has it connected directly to the wire harness going to the headlight assembly. I am currently doing that as well, however it only turns on with the low beams. I would like it powered constantly when the engine is turned on (or ideally when I unlock the car and the DRLs come on, but I dont think that is possible).

https://www.refinedtruck.com/shop/p/preorder-ford-maverick-drl-grille-light-strip
Sponsored