Sponsored

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Whether you are looking to install a dash cam or radar detector, I've found this to be the "cleanest" install. Hope this helps for anyone looking to do the same.

Option A- Will show an easy solution to run power directly to the battery.
Option B- Will utilize the accessory power.

The fuse relay that I used was #6. This is the same fuse used for the DC Inverter, Sun Roof, and Rear Power Window.

Sponsored

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
Whether you are looking to install a dash cam or radar detector, I've found this to be the "cleanest" install. Hope this helps for anyone looking to do the same.
The fuse relay that I used was #6. This is the same fuse used for the DC Inverter, Sun Roof, and Rear Power Window.
I really enjoy your videos. I get to experience digging into a mav while mine is yet to be assembled. Keep `em coming!

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Do you have any pics.. That would help since this is a forum platform..

Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome install!
BTW what is the white object you have mounted in your cubby next to the stereo?

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Awesome install!
BTW what is the white object you have mounted in your cubby next to the stereo?
It’s my State Farm gizmo that they sent me. Connects to my phone and saves me about $200 every 3 months. Based on the little driving that I do. Decided to put it there instead of behind the rear view mirror.
I have that and a name tag. Cubby is only about 3 inches deep. Pretty useless if you ask me.

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s my State Farm gizmo that they sent me. Connects to my phone and saves me about $200 every 3 months. Based on the little driving that I do. Decided to put it there instead of behind the rear view mirror.
I have that and a name tag. Cubby is only about 3 inches deep. Pretty useless if you ask me.
I thought that looked like the State farm thingy... I will probably do the same thing when my maverick arrives.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really enjoy your videos. I get to experience digging into a mav while mine is yet to be assembled. Keep `em coming!
Really enjoyed your video and I certainly will go with option B using the interior fuse box. The fuse box in the engine compartment looks like it would be a real PIA to wire up anything to it. I would be nice if the electrical engineers who design these fuse boxes would add additional fuse/terminal points so owners could add other electrical item without having to piggyback or splice into vehicle wiring.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of your videos have been very helpful Jeremy. Gonna try option B out next weekend with a Uniden R7 I just ordered!
Are you going to make a video of your installation?

minitab

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thanks, very helpful video!

Quick question, how did you pop that "Build Ford Tough" side panel off? I didn't see it in the video, could you please explain so I won't cause any damage when I try to remove it?

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking to do option B but need a fuse with constant power to enable parking mode in a dashcam. I also plan on mounting behind the rear view mirror so this video is really helpful as it's halfway to what i'm looking to do.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thanks, very helpful video!

Quick question, how did you pop that "Build Ford Tough" side panel off? I didn't see it in the video, could you please explain so I won't cause any damage when I try to remove it?
It just has the traditional plastic pop tabs. Just slowly tug on the edges and it comes right off. The only thing that took several minutes to accomplish was the reassembly . It popped on fine, but the rubber seal along the edge did take some finesse. I had to start at one end and work your way up/down to make sure the plastic side panel fit underneath the rubber door seal. I used my plastic orange tool to "flip" it back over on top one small inch at a time.
I would do another video showing this, but it did probably take about 15/20 minutes. I like where its at right now. lol
Sponsored