First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the small chance I have this issue when I get my truck, I will do the TSB myself to enlarge the bulb seal first. Then if this does not work, I like your idea to glue something on the underside of hood to increase stiffness (assuming the adhesive can resist underhood temp without burning).
IIRC that TSB was for an F-150, not the mav and the mavs seals may be different.
Sponsored

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
IIRC that TSB was for an F-150, not the mav and the mavs seals may be different.
They are the same I used closed cell foam on my Mav. IT's is starting to compress going to change it to the tube this week.

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might not happen if didn't drive so Fast
Driving under 70mph around here and I'm likely to get rear-ended 10+ times on the way to work. The flow of traffic is 75mph on the stretch of I-80 that I commute.

Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not going to like that rear seat issue!
Since originally posting in October, it hasn't gone away and Ford hasn't been able to do much about it. A lot of people think I'm joking about the issue, but I'm not! In all honesty, it hasn't been that big of a deal because I haven't had the need to get behind the seat. Once latched after slamming it HARD, I've left it alone.

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the video. I've got the hood shakes and people in the forum kept telling me to turn the rubber bumpers. Because the shake is pronounced at the rear of the hood, I couldn't make sense of what they were saying. I thought they were talking about the non-adjustable bumpers on the sides of the hood. You gave me a visual.

I did make the adjustments, even to the point of pulling the bumpers all the way out and just barely reinserting them, but it didn't have any discernible impact on the hood shake. Here's my video post bumper adjustment.

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
Thanks for the video. I've got the hood shakes and people in the forum kept telling me to turn the rubber bumpers. Because the shake is pronounced at the rear of the hood, I couldn't make sense of what they were saying. I thought they were talking about the non-adjustable bumpers on the sides of the hood. You gave me a visual.

I did make the adjustments, even to the point of pulling the bumpers all the way out and just barely reinserting them, but it didn't have any discernible impact on the hood shake. Here's my video post bumper adjustment.
Yes it didn't help me either

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I made several stops adjusting the front and the rear it has no effect and the hood shakes at 80/85. Im really considering taking off the hood textured deflector.

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I made several stops adjusting the front and the rear it has no effect and the hood shakes at 80/85. Im really considering taking off the hood textured deflector.
Considering the same and going with some clear 3M in that space to prevent the inevitable road chips.

Someone is going to be a test case for this. Wish Ford would invest some time into exploring options.

Sponsored

Rodog800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 blazer
Considering the same and going with some clear 3M in that space to prevent the inevitable road chips.

Someone is going to be a test case for this. Wish Ford would invest some time into exploring options.
Just took a trip to Florida now have 8 Chips in the truck 1 is good size.

Ford Maverick TSB & FIX: Hood Flutter Shake at Highway Speeds FB_IMG_1640352583224

Ford Maverick TSB & FIX: Hood Flutter Shake at Highway Speeds FB_IMG_1640352573657

Ford Maverick TSB & FIX: Hood Flutter Shake at Highway Speeds FB_IMG_1640350487048

Lorenrn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been watching the posts on this issue. Picked mine up and parked in garage until got the whole front end X-Pel protected. No rock chips here.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far 600 miles in, and no hood shake/flutter yet. All the way up to 80 MPH. Not on Pirelli Scorpion ATR's and not on the MAXXIS RAZR AT's. I hope it stays that way. So far, so good. Whew.

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next week I have a meeting at the dealership to discuss the following.
1) I ordered the smoked air deflector, my wife took the Maverick to the dealership to get that and a bunch of other things installed. She came home, they installed the textured deflector not the smoked one. The textured has a lip, the smoke doesn't. I put thousands of miles on the Maverick with no deflector and no hood shake. After textured deflector installed I now have hood shake any speed faster than 50 mph.
I will request they install the correct smoked deflector and hope the hood stops shaking.
2) I ordered the 4 bed lights at a cost of $200.00. They installed only 2. I will ask for a refund of $100.00.
3) I ordered a bed mat and paid for it upon delivery of the truck. No mat. I will ask where my mat is. Duh and I don't know is not an acceptable answer.

SBB

Last edited:

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone that has fitted the smoked bug deflector experienced hood shake? I ordered the smoke deflector, they installed the textured one with the spoiler. I have hood shake, going to ask them to change to the smoked deflector that doesn't have the spoiler. Don't want to screw up!

SBB
Sponsored