First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have wondered what will happen to the gas supply when EVs become commonplace. No company will be investing in the infrastructure for new refinerys. I am afraid the cost will force the switch.
Oh there will be plenty of gas because after all these cars are on the grid electricity will be so expensive everyone will be looking for inexpensive gas vehicles to drive around so they can have some AC.
Sponsored

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
always a conspiracy-hold on your mother has another spoonful.We get to choose from what they have chosen

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😱 what a thread! Glad we’re not all sitting around a dinner table!

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Government's forced emission standards are ruining the car market. There is no real demand for EVs. Manufacturers can't profit and it's causing the MSRP of non-EV cars to go up to make up for the fact that they are being forced to build EVs.

It's stupid government regulation trying to force the markets and it's not there.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
6 pages in and all I see are people from all spectrums of the conversation arguing about topics they are not experts in nor have their views back by vetted scientific/academic sources. Typical modern day world.

I think it's time for mods to close down yet another pointless thread.

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6 pages in and all I see are people from all spectrums of the conversation arguing about topics they are not experts in nor have their views back by vetted scientific/academic sources. Typical modern day world.

I think it's time for mods to close down yet another pointless thread.
Here we go. I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone who doesn't believe in free speech to ask for the thread to be closed down.

"....vetted scientific/academic sources". LOL! Like the scientists in the 70's who warned of the coming ice age.

I rarely ever agreed with former Supreme Court Justice Bryer but he got it right when he wrote: "The answer to speech you disagree with is not less speech (censorship) bur MORE SPEECH!

Last edited:

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here we go. I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone who doesn't believe in free speech to ask for the thread to be closed down.

"....vetted scientific/academic sources". LOL! Lie the scientists in the 70's who warned of the coming ice age.

I rarely ever agreed with former Supreme Court Justice Bryer but he got it right when he wrote: "The answer to speech you disagree with is not less speech (censorship) bur MORE SPEECH!
Well to be fair they made it through 6 pages before demanding censorship. That’s pretty good these days.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would a full hybrid powertrain (like the Maverick/Prius and NOT like the power-boost) with the capability to match a full-size truck be the current golden goose?

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not to be political, but the president put a moratorium or mining for minerals needed for batteries in the US. So what sense does that make if they want to go to electric vehicles? I agree we should go hybrid for now with vehicles that can and when supply and the grid catches up, they can go electric. But then again, how are they going to generate electricy needed for all the cars added to everything we have now? 🤔🤔
how are they going to generate electricy needed for all the cars added to everything we have now?

Regulate usage, like they already tried last year in California. Please don't charge your EV between certain hours. At some point it won't be please. "We are all in this together.............." stuff. If you exceed your allotted kwh's you will be somehow penalized or punished. Like we just experienced.

Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How are auto companies going to make the full EVs that are being shoved down our throats by governments and the auto companies themselfs when they can't even make a relatively small supply of Hybrid Mavericks?
The Maverick's 1.1 kWh battery is 1/50th to 1/100th a full EVs battery!
The answer is Ford never wanted to sell many of these trucks.
Might be to help CAFE and offset the bigger truck consumption. I don't know if it is weighted to account for sales volume or just by model.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And that's why I'm still waiting on my XL hybrid even though I was there the first hour of the first day of ordering. It sucks to wait for the people behind you because you only want one scoop but they want two.
So if you were in charge of Ford would you make the ones you make more money on or the ones you make less on?

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There is a reason hybrids make more sense than an EV. Hybrid batteries are much smaller than EV batteries and Hybrid batteries will last more (cycles) because the batteries aren't used 100% of the time. Also cost. A hybrid is cheaper than an EV. EV's will continue to climb in price as demand for the materials to make batteries will drive up the cost of EV's. Then there is climate. What works in a state like Florida where there's no snow, isn't going to work in a state like Montana that gets lots of snow. EV's lose about 30-40% of thier range in winter. There is no magical solution to our ecology problems. The government is full of it. The greatest threat to the planet is overpopulation. "Going green" isn't going to be the solution if there are like 10 billion people on the planet by the end of the century. There will still be the need to clear land for housing and farmland. Still be the need for water treatment plants, still be the need to dispose of tons and tons of human waste in landfills, etc.
A lot of countries have populations that are decreasing- China for example is not even having enough kids to stay even. It would be great to cut down on waste but people are used to our current system that uses a lot of packaging. If they charged for trash by the pound you would see it reduced but nobody is doing that- too complicated.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And yet ford can't get enough batteries to meet demand for hybrids...
I am, more and more, thinking that Ford is so concerned about cannibalizing its F-150s and Rangers by its Maverick hybrids that it is slow walking its Maverick hybrid availability.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford needs to make their own batteries here in the US they could do it - reduce dependence on China. Maybe go in it w another US manufacturer even....
They do make their batteries in the US. The Rawsonville plant in Michigan makes the batteries for the Maverick.
Sponsored