First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid efficiency at much less money, Maverick it is!

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I remember seeing the Santa Cruz concept at the Detroit Auto Show. I have a picture of it in my phone it looked great. . . Just went and looked and the concept was basically access cab. Looks taller too. Way better grill. The production model lost in translation.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Y I don't want to bash the Santa Cruz because it is almost an Apples to oranges argument but man the forum just kind of puts a bad taste in your mouth with their holy than thou thought process when comparing the two.
/rant
This goes on in this forum quite a bit going the other way too. I think it stems from insecurity, and people wanting to justify the thousands of dollars they spent. No different than iOS vs Android, PC vs Console, etc etc. I am sure it is common on any community like this.

Silly if you ask me, but I just try to ignore it on both sides. I don't give a shit what anyone else drives, finds attractive, or spends their money on. Do what makes you happy with a purchase, ya know ?

Sponsored

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
They bought a Santa Cruz!! - no defense or rebuttal required.

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmmm. Maybe Dr. Timothy Leary has extended family that drive Santa Cruz vehicles.......Maybe a personalized plate ---- LSD IS OK ---- Sorry, couldnt resist commenting.

OP
OP
b4crimes

b4crimes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Honda CB650R, Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In other news, I got 476 to a tank averaging 30 mpgs with a 470 lbs motorcycle in the bed

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I try not to post negative thoughts. But the Santa Cruz is butt ugly.
The problem it seems to me is that that front end design is more car-like than truck like. It's as though no one at Hyundai had the inspiration to create a new front end look and just said, "Hey, I know, let's just slap on the Tucson grille"!

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes denials do not always come down from the North American Headquarters but from shit dealers. Hyundia and Kias are known for having bad ones more so then other dealers.
We've owned 2 Hyundais, there is currently 3 others in our extended family and I've never (personally) heard of a bad dealer experience let alone had one myself. As far as reliability, all of the Hyundais in our family have been darn near bulletproof (better than our Toyotas and Hondas). It's amazing how long a reputation can persist in the auto industry, Hyundai has been rated (at least for general reliability) near the top for over a decade and dealers are dealers (most suck in general).

Absolutely love our Maverick, but had Hyundai made a fuel-sipping small pickup - that wasn't hideously ugly - for $25k, there is about zero chance there would be a Ford sitting in my garage right now.

OP
OP
b4crimes

b4crimes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Honda CB650R, Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've owned 2 Hyundais, there is currently 3 others in our extended family and I've never (personally) heard of a bad dealer experience let alone had one myself. As far as reliability, all of the Hyundais in our family have been darn near bulletproof (better than our Toyotas and Hondas). It's amazing how long a reputation can persist in the auto industry, Hyundai has been rated (at least for general reliability) near the top for over a decade and dealers are dealers (most suck in general).

Absolutely love our Maverick, but had Hyundai made a fuel-sipping small pickup - that wasn't hideously ugly - for $25k, there is about zero chance there would be a Ford sitting in my garage right now.
The big one around me is known not to be great.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The big one around me is known not to be great.
Then don't bring them your business; there are terrible dealerships everywhere, of every manufacturer. Your anecdote (it's not even yours, sounds like you have no personal experience with them or owning a Hyundai) does not a rule make.
Sponsored