Stopped by local dealer to look at Santa Cruz

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
So I stopped by my local Hyundai dealer to look at the Santa Cruz. I wanted to know the competition for the maverick and if I'd be interested in it. I had the worst experience.

1. First the car was market up by $7000. Shown in image. Bottom right says adjusted market value, I know not the best quality image.

2. I was genuinely considering the Santa Cruz because my maverick will only be here next year. Was only there a few minutes. The guy just said "I wish we could have your business but there's a car shortage right now." Felt like they didn't want me there. And during the time I was there he kept rushing.

3. Test drive only after credit pull, which I did not do. Good way to attract new customers /s.

4. I learnt I don't have to pay tax if I buy a BEV. So that's great. Rethinking my options now.

5. Didn't get much impressions on the car as I couldn't sit inside or take a test drive. Liked the overall look of it.

Ford Maverick Stopped by local dealer to look at Santa Cruz IMG_20210827_155003
Ford Maverick Stopped by local dealer to look at Santa Cruz IMG_20210827_154949
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Stopped by local dealer to look at Santa Cruz C14FD3DE-46C4-4BFD-B518-6BD8599117F6

This is crazy, but some buyers will make the purchase without a question. Eventually, the car market will adjust again.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$7000 market adjustment. Good way to go underwater. I’ll pass

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I fool soon parts with his money........

Sponsored

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
So I stopped by my local Hyundai dealer to look at the Santa Cruz. I wanted to know the competition for the maverick and if I'd be interested in it. I had the worst experience.

1. First the car was market up by $7000. Shown in image. Bottom right says adjusted market value, I know not the best quality image.

2. I was genuinely considering the Santa Cruz because my maverick will only be here next year. Was only there a few minutes. The guy just said "I wish we could have your business but there's a car shortage right now." Felt like they didn't want me there. And during the time I was there he kept rushing.

3. Test drive only after credit pull, which I did not do. Good way to attract new customers /s.

4. I learnt I don't have to pay tax if I buy a BEV. So that's great. Rethinking my options now.

5. Didn't get much impressions on the car as I couldn't sit inside or take a test drive. Liked the overall look of it.

IMG_20210827_155003.jpg
IMG_20210827_154949.jpg

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain

IMG_20210827_155003.jpg
IMG_20210827_154949.jpg
That was my first choice until they went crazy on the price. Cruz is the pretty girl, Mav is the practical choice.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$7000 market adjustment. Good way to go underwater. I’ll pass
Well at least they took the time to print it on the sticker. I mean when they sharpie it in there it isn't even official looking! 🤣

OP
OP

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Ford Maverick Stopped by local dealer to look at Santa Cruz 1630110420714

And even worse i went to the dealership after looking at this price on the hyundai website. scummy to not put the asking price. It does say dealer price may vary, but 19% higher. smh

Sponsored

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
It is these situations were a Costco price works out. I checked on it for the Maverick, but was told it is only $300 below Msrp and from a dealer that charges a dealer fee. So for the Maverick, no real savings. On this Santa Cruz, could be a savings of $7k

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey, that lump of bird shit on the window is expensive.

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was my first choice until they went crazy on the price. Cruz is the pretty girl, Mav is the practical choice.
I sincerely don't like the styling on the Cruz at all. The biggest pro it has over the maverick is the whole "Made in America" thing, but I think I'm going to get so much more functionality out of the Maverick that it was no contest.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is these situations were a Costco price works out. I checked on it for the Maverick, but was told it is only $300 below Msrp and from a dealer that charges a dealer fee. So for the Maverick, no real savings. On this Santa Cruz, could be a savings of $7k
Don't go through Costco. I am getting my Lariat from Granger Ford at 3% below INVOICE price!

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I sincerely don't like the styling on the Cruz at all. The biggest pro it has over the maverick is the whole "Made in America" thing, but I think I'm going to get so much more functionality out of the Maverick that it was no contest.
but it’s only “assembled” in America.
the Hyundai N platform only has 2 cars on the top 100 American Made index, Hyundai Santa Fe and Sonata. Everything else is out!
The c2 platform is similar FOR NOW. Until the Maverick and Bronco sport get added with American parts. Yes assembled in Mexico but more Americans work on those than the Tuscon and Santa Cruz from Raw materials to Dealer lot.
Sponsored