First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re really grasping at straws here, aren’t you. Are you really equating a safety related weight rating to what options come on a vehicle? Really?
No I'm not. First of all if you read the thread I qualified my statements by saying Hyundai had written a poorly worded statement that was unclear to apparently you and a few others. I compare Ford providing misinformation in both their brochure and their manual as a comparison. There was no safety issue related to the weight rating. Hyundai defined how the 661 was calculated and if you only put 661 pounds in the bed by disregarding the fact you can put 1411 pounds in the bed did not make it unsafe. Since Hyundai explained that the bed could hold up to 1411 with no passengers or driver again there was no safety issue. On the other hand you missed my earlier post about the wrong sized Lug nuts in the Maverick Manual ( I would consider that one a big deal when those particular Ford Lug Nuts expand which in a known issue on those known two piece lug nuts and the high torque numbers)and you need to replace them. As far as the spare tire, Ford mislead buyers by saying it was a full size spare when in fact it is not the same full size tire as the standard tires on the vehicle. My comments weren't about safety but rather about information that was misleading by Ford regarding the tire. So the BS about Hyundai not being trustworthy because of the wording in the manual could be said about Ford just as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you doubt it, contact Hyundai directly and ask for yourself like he did.
So you're saying I should not trust the documentation they're printing and reach out directly to Hyundai for every single thing they say.

What a ludicrous response to merely asking that Hyundai provide accurate information about their vehicles.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you're saying I should not trust the documentation they're printing and reach out directly to Hyundai for every single thing they say.

What a ludicrous response to merely asking that Hyundai provide accurate information about their vehicles.
What I'm saying is Hyundai explained why they put the 661 pounds in their manual in a document that you said was not first hand. Since you continue to not wanting to accept a reading of that document and want it first hand...get off your arse and ask them to send you one. By the way did you ask Ford to send you updated information in their documents for your Maverick? I pointed out inaccuracy in their materials and if I wanted to go over numerous posts on this site I could likely find more. I can from experience also point to many statements made by Ford on the Maverick since I have had one on order since Oct 2021 that they have made that were false or misleading. an easy one is the promise to inform buyers every 45 days their status or how about the rollovers would get priority over new orders and in actuality that didn't happen. In fact folks that had been given build dates got cancelled and didn't immediately go to the front of the line.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can from experience also point to many statements made by Ford on the Maverick since I have had one on order since Oct 2021 that they have made that were false or misleading..
And there it is. Now I understand you’re talking up the Santa Cruz on a Maverick forum. You’ve got a grudge against Ford because you haven’t gotten the Maverick yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What I'm saying is Hyundai explained why they put the 661 pounds in their manual in a document that you said was not first hand. Since you continue to not wanting to accept a reading of that document and want it first hand...get off your arse and ask them to send you one. By the way did you ask Ford to send you updated information in their documents for your Maverick? I pointed out inaccuracy in their materials and if I wanted to go over numerous posts on this site I could likely find more. I can from experience also point to many statements made by Ford on the Maverick since I have had one on order since Oct 2021 that they have made that were false or misleading. an easy one is the promise to inform buyers every 45 days their status or how about the rollovers would get priority over new orders and in actuality that didn't happen. In fact folks that had been given build dates got cancelled and didn't immediately go to the front of the line.
I'm saying their official published documentation can't be trusted. Including things they published after sending clarifications out to journalists who asked. And that's a problem. I'm saying Hyundai needs to update their official documentation, and your response was that an engineer sent a message to someone, and that should be good enough.

Which is ridiculous.

My original point is that "Ford Fanboys" shouldn't be blamed for believing official documentation that Hyundai continues to put out with wrong information, and no official documentation (letters sent to individuals don't count) seems to contradict that supposedly wrong information. You seem so hung up on that basic idea it's bizarre.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And there it is. Now I understand you’re taking up the Santa Cruz on a Maverick forum. You’ve got a grudge against Ford because you haven’t gotten the Maverick yet.
Nope....I still have my truck on order but while waiting I stlll needed a small truck so I looked at the SC and loved it ( non-turbo) while I was waiting. I'm still waiting for my Maverick. Haven't cancelled and don't intend to. But the issues are obvious. I don't have to bash the Maverick because I own a SC and I don't have to listen to fanboys who spread misinformation on the SC. I've been on this site long enough to know all the shortcomings on the Maverick and the poor management by Ford of their scheduling and promises just as I have been on the SC site and know enough to have not bought a Turbo SC with it's DCT issues..I posted on that site that Hyundai need to get it "stuff" together and rewrite the section on the 661 pound warning and that two years of some folks getting confused about it was too long. Both manufacturers have a lot of cleanup to do if folks can't simply understand what is written in their materials as it appears the folks on this site have a problem with.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would you quit arguing with these people mickey, just to be arguing for the sake of narcissism. I mean really. Who goes on a vehicle forum and post just a picture of just themselves on their profile? Not a picture of themselves with their car. Just a picture of themselves.
As opposed to someone who spends time on a forum for a vehicle they never intend on owning. 😆

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As opposed to someone who spends time on a forum for a vehicle they never intend on owning. 😆
Who said I never intend on owning it.. I got my VIN today and plan on picking it up when it's built in May. It's an XL Hybrid with tow and Co Pilot. It will be my beating around truck for our farm property. The SC is our stay around our home go to Lowes, and the dump with our gardening cleanup or just travelling about mainly. You are the troll on this thread with a whole lot of assumptions with no logic behind them a typical fanboy. I used to see this a lot with Glock owners but not so much anymore since there are better alternatives. and you remind me of them.... unwilling to accept Ford has issues, the Maverick has issues and Ford Managment is a mess and still hasn't cleaned up their documentation or their act. Hyundai SC has issues as well and needs to clarify their manual on payload and their DCT tranny which I don't have on mine but you got the answers so quit handing out the BS.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who said I never intend on owning it.. I got my VIN today and plan on picking it up when it's built in May.
If you took two seconds to look at his post, he wasn’t talking about you, was he? He quoted someone else. You guys just seem to be looking for confrontation.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Who said I never intend on owning it.. I got my VIN today and plan on picking it up when it's built in May. It's an XL Hybrid with tow and Co Pilot. It will be my beating around truck for our farm property. The SC is our stay around our home go to Lowes, and the dump with our gardening cleanup or just travelling about mainly. You are the troll on this thread with a whole lot of assumptions with no logic behind them a typical fanboy. I used to see this a lot with Glock owners but not so much anymore since there are better alternatives. and you remind me of them.... unwilling to accept Ford has issues, the Maverick has issues and Ford Managment is a mess and still hasn't cleaned up their documentation or their act. Hyundai SC has issues as well and needs to clarify their manual on payload and their DCT tranny which I don't have on mine but you got the answers so quit handing out the BS.
I never said you didn't intend on owning one. That was a response to "CoolCruz."

You think I'm "trolling," but what's apparent is that you're not reading my actual words, but just projecting what you want to believe onto them. You literally can't even tell who is talking to who.

Either you're so confused I can't have a reasonable conversation, or you're the one "trolling" yourself. Either way I'm done engaging on this.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never said you didn't intend on owning one. That was a response to "CoolCruz."

You think I'm "trolling," but what's apparent is that you're not reading my actual words, but just projecting what you want to believe onto them. You literally can't even tell who is talking to who.

Either you're so confused I can't have a reasonable conversation, or you're the one "trolling" yourself. Either way I'm done engaging on this.
Sounds like I jumped to conclusions with that said sorry for the mistake since you weren't speaking to me on this topic. Great day today with the news that they finally are going to build my Maverick. Long wait on that one thought the odds were pretty much against that one.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just interested in knowing how many of you would REALLY consider the Santa Cruz as an alternative to the Maverick !! When I look at the Hyundai/Kia line up, IMO, they target Toyota and Honda. Specifically, the Santa Cruz is positioned to compete with the Honda Ridgeline.
How many of you considered the Honda Ridgeline in your decision process ??
Although Maverick, Ridgeline and Santa Cruz “technically“ serve the same market, do they attract the same buyer ?? (ME: No)…
Personally, I was waiting for the new Nissan Frontier when I saw the Maverick release. DONE !!
The way I see it, Ford caught the automobile industry flat footed. I will be interested in seeing how long it will take Toyota to react. I am not sure GM chases the Maverick as they are laser focused on being an all Electric lineup.

Impatiently waiting…
I considered the Ridgeline, but dismissed it when i discovered it wasn't flat-towable. However, I liked everything else about it UNTIL I looked more closely at a 2023 version as it pulled into my neighbor's driveway. The turn signal lights are pathetic. Very small and difficult to notice. Conversely, the Maverick's tail light pods are gigantic - easily the same size as on the F-150. Never a question when the Maverick is turning.

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a truck. The Santa Cruz is a Sport Adventure Vehicle per Hyundai. The SC doesn’t come close to the MPG of the Mav ECO or the hybrid.
Sponsored