Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but it’s only “assembled” in America.
Santa Cruz design team leader was interviewed by TFL youtube channel, and confirmed that while there's obviously a ton of R&D saved using the basic Tucson platform, the Santa Cruz itself was designed and tested by Americans and made exclusively for the North American market.

The powertrain and vehicle, engine, and transmission are built in Montgomery Alabama, and American parts content is 49%, with 34% Korean sourced.
Yes assembled in Mexico but more Americans work on those than the Tuscon and Santa Cruz from Raw materials to Dealer lot.
Are you sure? I can't find a Bronco Sport domestic parts content advertised anywhere. In fact, I can't find domestic parts content info on any Fords, the heck... Isn't it required by law on the Moroney sheet?
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Santa Cruz design team leader was interviewed by TFL youtube channel, and confirmed that while there's obviously a ton of R&D saved using the basic Tucson platform, the Santa Cruz itself was designed and tested by Americans and made exclusively for the North American market.

The powertrain and vehicle, engine, and transmission are built in Montgomery Alabama, and American parts content is 49%, with 34% Korean sourced.

Are you sure? I can't find a Bronco Sport domestic parts content advertised anywhere. In fact, I can't find domestic parts content info on any Fords, the heck... Isn't it required by law on the Moroney sheet?
Ford 2.0 engine Made in Ohio, transmission in Michigan.
Ford 2.5 engine and trans in Mexico.
RND done 100% in America. Vs Hyundai some in Korea some in Usa.

and most of Fords foreign parts are made in Mexico or Canada. Not China, India and Korea like Hyundai.

mom searching now for window stickers for Eacape 2.0 awd

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the dealers had a 3500 markup on our escape. When he explained to me what a market adjustment was. I was already heading towards the door. I cannot say enough bad things about that dealership.
If they're in it for the short money great. I don't have to buy it.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford 2.0 engine Made in Ohio, transmission in Michigan.
Ford 2.5 engine and trans in Mexico.
RND done 100% in America. Vs Hyundai some in Korea some in Usa.

and most of Fords foreign parts are made in Mexico or Canada. Not China, India and Korea like Hyundai.

mom searching now for window stickers for Eacape 2.0 awd
hyrbid battery made in USA
Both exhaust systems made in USA

why you gotta bring your Mom into this?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the dealers had a 3500 markup on our escape. When he explained to me what a market adjustment was. I was already heading towards the door. I cannot say enough bad things about that dealership.
See here, a market adjustment means I get rich and you bend over.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Died on the roller test.
Eh, not really, it was only on the three rollers, one wheel traction test and like always he never tests the vehicles properly.

It says in the user manual that for those conditions you're supposed to select "mud" which will engage the ABS more aggressively which would have gotten it off the roller by stopping the driver's front tire. He left it only in normal and not snow, sand, or mud.

He did this before with some other vehicle, I forget which, and another reviewer showed that if he had just used one of the offroad modes it would have passed that test fine, but he hasn't changed his testing methods either on purpose because he doesn't believe a operator should have to change AWD traction modes or he just doesn't know better and got the job because his dad owns the channel.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The profile reminds me of a Subaru Brat with four doors.

Frobozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost AWD
Yeah, our dealer had the same size markup on our Maverick. "You may get that from somebody, but you're not getting it from me," I said. They waived it (I was actually a little surprised they dropped all of it, but I meant it).
Sponsored