Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Gremlin..brings back memories
I built a 360 AMX motor ..Crane Cam. Hedman headers..Elbrock with a 780 Holly.. found a 1974 AMC Gremlin...pulled the 6cyl replaced the K-Frame with a V8 one..and dropped the motor in
Never got around to changing the rear-end from the 6cyl 2.76 ratio...so once you lite up the tires you could burn a block :) Oh and I Michey Thompson M-50's on it....
I always like the underdog :) lol
Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Just pointing out your odd behavior. No matter what forum I am on, someone that doesn't like that product/item/team is always present. Seems strange to me.

Your opinion has zero impact on my day, so you are good bud.
Being called "Bud" at my age is like being asked for ID :ROFLMAO:

46weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 1500, 18 Kona, Maverick(maybe) ord 12/10/21
I was on the fence between SC and maverick before I ordered the maverick. I thought SC looked sharp but pricey to get turbo and AWD. I previously owned an elantra and had no problems or recall issues. My son is still driving it. Also have a kona and was running great when I ordered but the DCt Trans shit to bed at 35k. Replaced under warranty but car was gone for a month plus. In the end, I'm glad I went with the mav.

OldMavGuy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the comment about warranty comparisons. Just TRY to get that Hyundai/KIA fixed under warranty. The internet is FULL of denial stories.
So, I am not here to defend the SC as I saw both last year and decided to order the Maverick. I don't regret that for 1 minute. However, don't believe everything you read on the "100% accurate" internet. I have owned several Hyundais over the past decade+ and, although I rarely had anything that required servicing, when that occasionally did happen, no problems at all. Recently, I had to have repair done that was about 300 miles outside of the warranty and they covered it 100%. I hope to have the same experience with my new Maverick when I get it as well. But saying that Hyundai doesn't honor their warranty claims is not accurate for all. Just my 2 cents worth.
In other news, I agree that the Maverick is a hell of a lot better looking and has more going for it. Couldn't see plopping down extra money for the SC. Just wasn't worth it.

OP
OP
b4crimes

b4crimes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Honda CB650R, Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, I am not here to defend the SC as I saw both last year and decided to order the Maverick. I don't regret that for 1 minute. However, don't believe everything you read on the "100% accurate" internet. I have owned several Hyundais over the past decade+ and, although I rarely had anything that required servicing, when that occasionally did happen, no problems at all. Recently, I had to have repair done that was about 300 miles outside of the warranty and they covered it 100%. I hope to have the same experience with my new Maverick when I get it as well. But saying that Hyundai doesn't honor their warranty claims is not accurate for all. Just my 2 cents worth.
In other news, I agree that the Maverick is a hell of a lot better looking and has more going for it. Couldn't see plopping down extra money for the SC. Just wasn't worth it.
Sometimes denials do not always come down from the North American Headquarters but from shit dealers. Hyundia and Kias are known for having bad ones more so then other dealers.

Sponsored

OldMavGuy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes denials do not always come down from the North American Headquarters but from shit dealers. Hyundia and Kias are known for having bad ones more so then other dealers.
That I believe. Too bad that crappy dealers do stuff like that. I guess I have been fortunate.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
If the Santa Cruz was 4"-6" longer, had the Tucson's AWD hybrid system, and was priced similarly to the Tucson hybrid, I'd consider one. I like the unique look of it. I just really like the simple and utilitarian look of the Maverick more, especially the XL trim. If Ford released a XL trim with the AWD hybrid system plus a XL convenience package that included power mirrors and cruise control, I'd be getting my Escape detailed for a trade in this weekend.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.santacruzforums.com/threads/an-🍎s-to-🍎s-santa-cruz-to-maverick-comparison.10593/

here is an 🍎s to 🍎s comparison topic I just stumbled on.

Those guys are silly
What the SC Fanboys fail to mention with their comparisons is the difference between driving a Ford Truck and anything else...it's a Ford Truck! Ford invented the pickup truck and set the standard in this category of vehicle. I play a Martin guitar and drive a Ford pickup truck; they can have the rest.

Ford Maverick Those santa cruz owners at it again FortModelTpu

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
If the Santa Cruz was 4"-6" longer, had the Tucson's AWD hybrid system, and was priced similarly to the Tucson hybrid, I'd consider one. I like the unique look of it. I just really like the simple and utilitarian look of the Maverick more, especially the XL trim. If Ford released a XL trim with the AWD hybrid system plus a XL convenience package that included power mirrors and cruise control, I'd be getting my Escape detailed for a trade in this weekend.
I always said... The only thing I would trade mine in on is a Hybrid model...

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Better fuel economy? nope! Better price? nope! Better looks? nope. . .I'm calling it now. Santa Cruz will be a 1 gen only vehicle.

Edit: Ok I need to take a shower now. Just got back from bizzarro world. No helping thoughs people.
I think I puked a little.

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Santa Cruz is a fine gurly trucking car. Good on gas but bad on oil consumption..
My wife who is far from a truck person, saw a Santa Cruz and said it looks like a truck for a girl. I personally think it’s a truck for no one because it’s hideous but to each their own!

Deleted member 14823

What the SC Fanboys fail to mention with their comparisons is the difference between driving a Ford Truck and anything else...it's a Ford Truck! Ford invented the pickup truck and set the standard in this category of vehicle. I play a Martin guitar and drive a Ford pickup truck; they can have the rest.

FortModelTpu.jpg
My favorite comment of the thread. I never had a Ford truck before (okay, car/truck...whatever), and what I really like is having something that reflects its heritage in its design.
Sponsored