This guy nailed how I feel

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Lux, Copilot, Shadow black
I watched this video and it was the exact complaints I have. Having to press "Ok" on the wheel twice then switch to Eco mode every time I start my truck is such an annoyance. And also, unless you have the right sized water bottle, the door holder is a pain. There's so much I love about this truck but these minor annoyances drive me nuts.

Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can turn the start up seatbelt minder off in the dash screen, 4 button presses for eco or 5 if the seatbelt minder is still on.

EDIT: I lied, there's no such setting. can just check status under "Information" tab, not disable startup reminder.

Last edited:

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I watched this video and it was the exact complaints I have. Having to press "Ok" on the wheel twice then switch to Eco mode every time I start my truck is such an annoyance. And also, unless you have the right sized water bottle, the door holder is a pain. There's so much I love about this truck but these minor annoyances drive me nuts.

I don't get that prompt for steabelts. Maybe it's a Hybrid thing or possibly just not on The FX4 and Lariat screens. I don't have ECO mode. The door thing, yes. Nothing fits there.

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can turn the start up seatbelt minder off in the dash screen, 4 button presses for eco or 5 if the seatbelt minder is still on.
This is a game changer. I had no idea.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chrisehyoung

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get that prompt for steabelts. Maybe it's a Hybrid thing or possibly just not on The FX4 and Lariat screens. I don't have ECO mode. The door thing, yes. Nothing fits there.
Maybe it is a hybrid thing. I've never driven an ecoboost.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait, please explain how to do that again. Thank you... and you mean the dash screen in front of the steering wheel, correct? Thanks

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t have my Maverick yet but do think the water bottle thing is a joke.. The door holder that is cut off to me seems like it could be a safety hazard. All just so some special water bottle that know one will buy can fit….

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going to go back and start a cheat sheet for all this stuff. A "Maverick for Dummies " (like my very old "DOS for Dummies"). I wonder if any of this will be addressed with the MY '23?

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I do agree with him about the Eco mode, it is annoying having to select it everytime. My Bronco is the same way.
Sponsored