Sponsored

Thinking of cancelling Copilot 360 in build after seeing review.

darrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought Copilot 360 was a no brainer but from this guy's review has me thinking about cancelling it on my order. 1:40ish in the video. Looking for people's opinions one way or the other? Thanks!

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He seems clueless.

Which I guess is why he doesn't like a feature if he has no clue to why it was warning him.

It sounds like someone/something was in his Blind Spot when he tried to change lanes. Or maybe the sensor was blocked.

He rants about not knowing where the sensors are but I guess taking a minute to look up the Blind Spot section in the Maverick Users Manual is somehow a problem for him but ranting about not knowing where they are makes him feel better somehow.

Page 237-238:

The sensors are behind the rear bumper on both sides of your vehicle.

Note: Blocked sensors may affect system accuracy.

Note: Bike and cargo racks could cause false alerts due to obstruction of the sensor.
We recommend switching the feature off when using a bike or cargo rack.

If the sensors become blocked, a message may appear in the information display. The alert indicators remain illuminated but the system does not alert you.

Last edited:

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea I've been looking for info on the copilot 360 and havent seen much at all. I would like to see and hear it in action.

Does it cut off music and flash warnings often? That would be super annoying. Or do you have to be tailgating for that to happen.

Isn't the anti-collision warning he complained about included in all Mavericks?

He says the Blis doesn't work well. What are others experience with this?

Last edited:

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Blis and cross traffic have worked perfectly - as well as any I have used. No "misses" yet.

My only complaint even remotely related is the lack of spotter mirrors, but that is missing from all cars with blind spot monitoring it seems.

Bill

Sponsored

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
I thought Copilot 360 was a no brainer but from this guy's review has me thinking about cancelling it on my order. 1:40ish in the video. Looking for people's opinions one way or the other? Thanks!

The guy in the video said, "It doesn't work very well," but he did not provide specific information on what was not working. The one example he gave was when passing somebody, he did not like the red warning lights on the dash, but when another vehicle is in your blind spot, the system is intended to get your attention to help avoid a collision. I have driven several vehicles with blind spot warning (on the vehicles I drove, the lights are in the side view mirrors), and the warning lights are not overly distracting in my opinion. They can be very helpful if you are about to make a lane change and don't see the other vehicle in your blind spot, but the system "sees" it and warns you. The systems I have experienced were helpful and not very intrusive at all. Just my 2 cents....

Last edited:

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it’s not the Copilot 360, we do have blind spot monitoring in my wife’s Tuscon and I love it.
We have a toddler and it brings great peace of mind when attempting to change lanes while at the same time the misses is trying to help the lil guy in the backseat.
Knowing I’m not missing anything while trying to look around the misses is well worth the occasional false alarm. By false alarm I mean if there’s two left turning lanes the alarm will go off when you put on your left directional with a car beside you. You expect it after the first time and no it’s not startling or distracting in anyway.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea I've been looking for info on the copilot 360 and havent seen much at all. I would like to see and hear it in action.

Does it cut off music and flash warnings often? That would be super annoying. Or do you have to be tailgating for that to happen.

He says the Blis doesn't work well? What are others experience with this?
I’ve never used the fords system and his description is a little vague but to me it sounds like he is turning on his blinker before/as he is passing somebody, basically while a car is still in his blind spot, and thus the car is alerting him that if he was to move over now he would collide with another vehicle.

I think way back in the day I was taught when changing lanes to put on your blinker before you even check your mirrors or blind spot which is probably going to result in lots of dinging. According to my quick Google search this is still taught today, I’m not really sure why but my personal habit is to check mirrors -> blinker -> mirrors -> blind spot -> change lanes which I feel like seems more logical and should prevent the system from notifying you for no reason.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I have 360 on my xlt. And it is the biggest waste of 500$. My order I had didn’t have it, but I found one siting on a lot at msrp so I jumped on that.
LoL lets see that msrp purchase agreement.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have BLIS with cross-traffic alert in my Bronco Sport, wouldn't buy a car today without it.
I'd say $540 is cheap if it keeps you and your vehicle safe.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Blis and cross traffic have worked perfectly - as well as any I have used. No "misses" yet.

My only complaint even remotely related is the lack of spotter mirrors, but that is missing from all cars with blind spot monitoring it seems.

Bill
But modern mirrors are designed to eliminate that blind spot when adjusted properly. The BLIS system is a backup for that. I'm not sure I understand why you world need that spotter mirror.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
He doesnt like something that he doesnt even understand or bothered to try to understand. It sounds like he simply does not know how to use it/set up. I have it, and have no complaints about it. Im actually very happy with it.

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it’s half as good as what I currently have on my Jeep Renegade which has all kinds of issues as it is I will be happy. With the Renegade it is kind of nice that when backing I can look at a decently large screen with a wide angled camera that is mounted on the rear of the vehicle that gives me almost a 180 degree view off my rear bumper when backing. It is from so much of a better vantage point than from the mirrors or drivers seats. It will also give me an audible alarm when people or a car are coming into my blind spots when backing straight up. this alarm happens before I can even see them with my own eyes if I am backing at a civilized pace. yes my system also alarms when I signal to turn and I am in a 2 turn lane and I am in the outside lane. They have been really helpful and great safety measures I am not willing to live without any longer. With allll the things that can go wrong the moment we turn the key on a vehicle there is no reason to allow technology to assist us in being safer. I can’t tell you how many time I have witnessed people starting up thier cars and trying to back out over people or cars….

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well worth the cost in my opinion. No way I would remove it from my order based on this review. He seems pretty clueless.
Sponsored