Annoyed after seeing Maverick in person again

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Saw a maverick in the lot of the local dealership (not the one I'm ordering through). Silver, looked like a stripped down xl - steelies, no hitch, bare bed. Didn't see a hybrid badge. Couldn't read the window sticker as it was sitting on the back seat.

If you haven't seen one in person, make a point of trying to find one. Seeing one in person was what triggered me to place an order in the first place.

The annoying part is that it reinforced that the mav is exactly what I've been wanting for years. The proportions of this truck are basically perfect for my needs. So now I had to clean all the drool off my jacket and I still don't have a maverick. :mad:
Would it help if I bottled up some interior smell and sent it to you?
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I did was sit in one as well. That was enough, I could have asked for a test drive but the driver's seat was fine. It will drive fine and all reports are positive. Not worried.
Same here but a long winded story follows.

Wanted one for the first time hearing about them in June believe on Mad Money of all places. Did not need the truck right away and like the idea of riding the old car through the winter. In October decided to shop around for dealers and played with building them. The week of Oct 18th saw two dealers with Mavericks in stock, both eco. One dealer had just the XL and after a few emails that ended with we sold it but come in so we can appraise your trade in. (By then knew it was a long wait and being told to come in now for my trade eval did not sit right. The other dealer had 2, XL and XLT) anda good reputation. By the time I went in on Oct 25th the XLT was sold and gone. Did get to test drive the XL and like it. Really like the eco boost but wanted the hybrid and a Lariat.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm fine with my decision for the Maverick. A little nervous because I have yet to drive one. It will fit my needs especially coin in my pocket with fuel savings.
I waited quite long to order my Maverick just for that reason, wanted to see & drive one B4 ordering especially being a 2st. Year Model. I put in a Reservation early though. After sitting in one & test driving one, I am so glad I ordered a Maverick XLT AWD Eco, Carbonized Gray. Was very comfortable for me, roomy & looked great inside, plenty of room in back seat. Nice riding, felt up high enough. Wish I ordered sooner now.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen one person yet thank goodness . The waiting is the hardest part especially when its been shipped!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen one person yet thank goodness . The waiting is the hardest part especially when its been shipped!
When I saw it up close I knew it was the right one. Other people have said they were disappointed, not sure what their expectations were. You should make an effort to see one in person. Every time I've seen one since that first time has reaffirmed to me that it's the right choice.

I hope I don't decide I hate it after I drive it for a while. 😂

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
I saw one for the first time in the wild the other day. Passed me going the other way but I recognized the headlights and area 51 paintjob immediately.

From the driver's seat of my Kia Spectra the Maverick looked quite big and intimidating.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I saw it up close I knew it was the right one. Other people have said they were disappointed, not sure what their expectations were. You should make an effort to see one in person. Every time I've seen one since that first time has reaffirmed to me that it's the right choice.

I hope I don't decide I hate it after I drive it for a while. 😂
ive seen one before ordered mine it was white one but after saw the price point and inside had to insta order it. I got lucky jan was cut off date .

Islandman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw one in person for the first time two weeks ago at the dealer...it's so tiny looking from the outside. I drive a Honda Element and my Element looked big compared to the Maverick aside from the length. (I'll post pictures and a comparsion when I get mine).

I guess in my mind I knew it was compact but just didn't know it was that small :)

It's weird though, like a magic trick. When you sit inside it it doesn't feel as small as it looks.

I guess I was a little disappointed overall as I didn't think it would look so small (almost compact car like) but on the drive home I went through my list of needs again and it checked all the boxes so I felt better. There is literally nothing else out there that checks all the boxes like a maverick does.
Your view is correct. It looks small against another truck or mid size suv until you get inside and it feels bigger than it looks. The flexibility that this truck brings to the table is amazing to me. Our hybrid can tow and be towed, has a large enough bed size, can seat 5 - 4 adults comfortably and I am getting over 50 mpg where I live which is mostly back country roads. Is it perfect? Actually for our needs and what is on the market - It is!

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw a maverick in the lot of the local dealership (not the one I'm ordering through). Silver, looked like a stripped down xl - steelies, no hitch, bare bed. Didn't see a hybrid badge. Couldn't read the window sticker as it was sitting on the back seat.

If you haven't seen one in person, make a point of trying to find one. Seeing one in person was what triggered me to place an order in the first place.

The annoying part is that it reinforced that the mav is exactly what I've been wanting for years. The proportions of this truck are basically perfect for my needs. So now I had to clean all the drool off my jacket and I still don't have a maverick. :mad:
We waited 362 days for ours from order to delivery! That was after changing from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost. Truck was put into production the day after we made the change. Otherwise I guess we would still be waiting.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We waited 362 days for ours from order to delivery! That was after changing from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost. Truck was put into production the day after we made the change. Otherwise I guess we would still be waiting.
I've had mine for a year and I still think it's perfect for my needs. The overall design and concept is great. Hope Ford gets it's act together and irons out it's quality issues.

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow and here I thought California had lots of people!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow and here I thought California had lots of people!
Now that maverick has been shipped out more frequently , i see them all the time . Thanks for taking back memory lane !

RoyalTeaDee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caliber R/T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If anyone has a Carmax near you check them out. I ordered my Maverick site unseen, but a few months later my local Carmax has a coupe for sale. I was able to go by and look at it and sit in it to confirm I made the right choice. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a test drive, but that was my first time being able to see and put my hands on one before my arrived.

Just a suggestion for those that are having trouble putting their eyes on one.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
spotted a HPR FX4 today, gotta admit I was a bit miffed :p
Sponsored