First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw a maverick in the lot of the local dealership (not the one I'm ordering through). Silver, looked like a stripped down xl - steelies, no hitch, bare bed. Didn't see a hybrid badge. Couldn't read the window sticker as it was sitting on the back seat.

If you haven't seen one in person, make a point of trying to find one. Seeing one in person was what triggered me to place an order in the first place.

The annoying part is that it reinforced that the mav is exactly what I've been wanting for years. The proportions of this truck are basically perfect for my needs. So now I had to clean all the drool off my jacket and I still don't have a maverick. :mad:
Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s the vehicle I didn’t know I needed

I didn’t see one in person until last week (at The dealership but it was an XLT so I passed on it)

it’s literally perfect for the things I need it for….. it’ll probably be March/April before the one I ordered arrives

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I did a vehicle search for a Hybrid, XLT w Lux package and found several vehicles with VINs in TX, The dealership said while all orders were spoken for, he was getting a lot of deliveries from orders placed as late as October, which I thought was encouraging since I ordered min Oct. 10th. Does this give anyone hope besides me?

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Saw a maverick in the lot of the local dealership (not the one I'm ordering through). Silver, looked like a stripped down xl - steelies, no hitch, bare bed. Didn't see a hybrid badge. Couldn't read the window sticker as it was sitting on the back seat.

If you haven't seen one in person, make a point of trying to find one. Seeing one in person was what triggered me to place an order in the first place.

The annoying part is that it reinforced that the mav is exactly what I've been wanting for years. The proportions of this truck are basically perfect for my needs. So now I had to clean all the drool off my jacket and I still don't have a maverick. :mad:
:(

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a vehicle search for a Hybrid, XLT w Lux package and found several vehicles with VINs in TX, The dealership said while all orders were spoken for, he was getting a lot of deliveries from orders placed as late as October, which I thought was encouraging since I ordered min Oct. 10th. Does this give anyone hope besides me?
Is the Hybrid or EB orders from October?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, my order was placed late october. People with similar builds who placed orders in early october have reported taking delivery so hopefully soon. The order was tailored to avoid supply constraints as much as possible so hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I saw in person. It's ok at this price point. Can't say I was blown away. Ford did a good job keeping costs down and making it affordable. That's why its a win. I think the 2023 Honda Ridgeline hybrid looks better but not for 10k more.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm happy to wait for my MavBrid. Going to be taking delivery of a Bronco in February and I don't mind 4-6 months of Bronco only to see how much I like it and could drive it daily.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw in person. It's ok at this price point. Can't say I was blown away. Ford did a good job keeping costs down and making it affordable. That's why its a win. I think the 2023 Honda Ridgeline hybrid looks better but not for 10k more.
Nobody has seen a '23 ridgeline hybrid in person, I can't even find possible renderings. The current ridgeline starts at $37k, chances are the hybrid base will be ~$40k.

We ordered a Maverick totally sight unseen in June. Having seen two in person now and gone through one of them (but not driven), I was extremely impressed for the price and pleased we made an early order (although still no build date).

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tend to prefer practical features rather than luxury features and my build reflects that (ok, I splurged on the moonroof.) One of the practical things is price. The rest of the market is "too much truck". It blew me away because it fits my needs so exactly and apparently I'm not the only one. Not everyone will get as excited about it and that's fine.

And you're right, the new ridgeline is very nice, just not $10 more nice.

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I'm fine with my decision for the Maverick. A little nervous because I have yet to drive one. It will fit my needs especially coin in my pocket with fuel savings.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also waited until I was able to see one & look it over & sit in it before I ordered. It has more 'space' for the driver than my current car. I can't believe I am ordering a vehicle without even test driving, but thanks to this site I think all my questions were answered by members & those who actually have one to drive. The more reviews I see, the more I believe I have made the right decision. I ordered with only the basic necessities, so maybe my built date will be accurate.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw one in person for the first time two weeks ago at the dealer...it's so tiny looking from the outside. I drive a Honda Element and my Element looked big compared to the Maverick aside from the length. (I'll post pictures and a comparsion when I get mine).

I guess in my mind I knew it was compact but just didn't know it was that small :)

It's weird though, like a magic trick. When you sit inside it it doesn't feel as small as it looks.

I guess I was a little disappointed overall as I didn't think it would look so small (almost compact car like) but on the drive home I went through my list of needs again and it checked all the boxes so I felt better. There is literally nothing else out there that checks all the boxes like a maverick does.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is Ford still taking orders for the hybrid, or has that ship already sailed?
No you have to wait until 2023 model year.

ETA you can still "order" one on the ford website. Not sure why since word has been coming out from the dealers that hybrid ordering is closed. Maybe ford is hoping to steer you to dealer stock, not sure what else is going on.
Sponsored